Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #991
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that gold-beige is an oem color

BARF
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #992
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftrkp View Post
*sick V mount pics*
Dude that looks totally pro! Definitely cool you hooked him up. I like the modded radiator too, so you don't have to use an expansion tank. Dope. For the record, that color is pretty lame though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Here is a little somthing I did for a customer. Front strut tower bar, with the BMC stopper, and a custom through the hood tow hook.
Also I picked up my new TIG machine. My first welds on Aluminum. 1/8" 6061 sheet, Miller Dynasty DX, 1/16" Red tungsten, 100amps, wave balance 75, 120htz. I need some more practice, but I will get there.
Awesome strut bar!!!! Any chance you would make another one, or do you need the actual car there?? I totally would dig one with a BMC stopper!

Luke and I were actually talking about you and your Dynasty today, were super jealous! Such a nice welder, and it sounds like you got a sweet deal too!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #993
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Jonnie is the Jam. I wish i could find people like him to team up with for my new new shop that is coming soon, and is going to be BIG
Old 11-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #994
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
had a friend weld and re inforce my s13 subframe, and welded the subframe bushings with 1/8 inch thick iron plates, so its solid as hell now.
i helped and watched, and we welded the plates around the metal "pipe" thats inside the bushing.
and painted it, and figured, fuck it, and pained just about everything else lmao

the last one is obviously the finished project.

what you guys think?! lmao
Old 11-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #995
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Pink diffs ftw
Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #996
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
^^^ Haha stock toe arms FTL, guess it's better on S13s though. My s14 wouldn't align for crap with the stock arms, but I'm super low, so go figure.

I dig the attention to detail, of course, and pink parts on the bottom of cool cars is tight! Fabbing my exhaust:

Paging Dousan, this is a blast from the past calling...

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #997
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
pink under carraige FTW!

what did you guys use on it? How's it holding up?
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #998
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
i sanded the fuck out of everything and sprayed primer then pink paint.
jdm metal paint. so i cant say what it is in the states haha cause idk.

its holding up pretty dam good, no rust or anything

if you look closely on my subframe you can see the extra bracing and plates that cover the weak spots on the subframe

going to do the same to my entire chassis here very soon, bracing everything, and painting random shit lol

edit:my jic shitcoilovers are maxed out for low ride height, and ive never had a problem with toe on stock arms haha

"why fix it, if its not broken" kinda shit i got goin on lol
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #999
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
I have not been on the thread in a while and I must say that Zilvia has some amazing fabricators. Keep up with the good work. Now if only I could afford half of you to work on my car lol. ONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN!
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #1000
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Dude that looks totally pro! Definitely cool you hooked him up. I like the modded radiator too, so you don't have to use an expansion tank. Dope. For the record, that color is pretty lame though.
thanks!

i accidentally posted from one of my employee's names. I had my fingers crossed about that coolant cap part, the bottom of it was a PITA to weld and i was worrying about the welds leaking. I also hate hate sheet metal work, it never comes out how i invision it.

the color you have to see in person, its really a nice color, its a brown with rainbow flake i have no clue what OEM it is, we have a paint book thats really really old that i pulled the paint chip from.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #1001
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
OMG no splitter between the radiator and IC on the v-mount and it's not a perfect V!!! HOW WILL IT WORK! (sarcasm towards dumbass Zilvia public)

Looks very nice, good job! (notsarcasm)

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #1002
blu808
Post Whore!

Nice work guys.

Here are some parts for a custom subframe im making for our rb26 260z.

Then I had a new 135 Twin turbo bmw come into the shop for removal of the rear cats.

All 304 stainless and tig welded fun.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #1003
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

^^^ Dope work! That's all he did, with all your skills, is cats though? Wierd.

Anyway, I finished box designs for my in-door speaker pods - will be building them tomorrow out of 1/2" Birch, with a layer of resin and possibly some fiberfill inside. I'll have pics and all that in case anyone wants to do this also (much more popular on S13s because they don't have 6.5" up front).

I'm trying to get as much bass response (and as little rattling) as possible from my CDT CL-6 midrange speakers. These will replace the stock door panel where the 6.5" speaker is, as well as the map pocket. Designed in Bass Box Pro and modeled in SketchUp, they're .241 ft^3, sealed, and deliver an F3 of 83Hz (that's basically the freqency where it takes twice as much power to deliver the same volume as the resonant frequency, so it's effectively where the speaker in it's box becomes useless). For proper imaging, they point to the opposite side's "head" area - this is the passenger side, so it points "up" and "back".

And this is the plot of response I'll get with this speaker in this box - super flat from about 100Hz to almost 1KHz.

Subwoofer box has been designed in Bassbox but still needs to be modeled... stay posted if you like high end audio!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #1004
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
this thread rocks

all of you guys work is so awsome!! wish i knew how to weld and fab like that!!
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #1005
blu808
Post Whore!

gsxrjordan:

Dude ridiculousness
Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #1006
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
gsxrjordan:

Dude ridiculousness
MOAR! Finished designs on the sub box, for my Soundstream Reference 10 (SS10R). 1/2" Birch, with resin'd inside. Just under 1.5ft^3 internal volume, Fb=38Hz, F3=44Hz - One rectangular port (7"x3", none of this 12"x1" shit) with two turns (a u-turn).

Box will sit in my spare tire well and stick out about 8" - still plenty of trunk space, for people who care about that shit.

Closeup of the port, with the "top" greyed out:

Edit: Forgot to post the suuuuuper flat freq response of this setup!

Should be fabbing both the door boxes and the sub box today. More pics soon! As always, PM with audio questions if you actually want good sound out of your S-chassis!

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 11-08-2008 at 02:44 AM..
Old 11-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #1007
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
interested to see finished product of door boxes^^^

good work
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #1008
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Finished cutting the wood tonight before heading out to the 626 meet.

Here's my Pops helpin with some of the first cuts while I "blueprinted" the rest:

By the end, it took 3 sheets of blueprints plus my 3d models to get everything straight in my head:

All the pieces cut, but not notched/angled yet - every single one of these gets used!

... and one more of my messy garage, waiting till tomorrow to finish:

Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #1009
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

firm tofu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
^^^ Haha stock toe arms FTL, guess it's better on S13s though. My s14 wouldn't align for crap with the stock arms, but I'm super low, so go figure.
Quote:

unless theres a picture missing or those are old pictures...your car is not low.
firm tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #1010
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Haha. Ok chief. Notice there's no shadow under my front bumper... because it's like "toe of your shoe" clearance. Tucks the tire on my 17's in back, almost in front. Vertex aero on the sides and rear isn't as low as the Cwest front...

...or maybe you have down syndrome? Wait, even more pertinent, do you even have a car? Why are you on my nuts with such a tight oral grip?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #1011
blu808
Post Whore!

Oral grip? I thought it was an.... nevermind.

Back on topic.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #1012
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

firm tofu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Haha. Ok chief. Notice there's no shadow under my front bumper... because it's like "toe of your shoe" clearance. Tucks the tire on my 17's in back, almost in front. Vertex aero on the sides and rear isn't as low as the Cwest front...

...or maybe you have down syndrome? Wait, even more pertinent, do you even have a car? Why are you on my nuts with such a tight oral grip?

get low.
firm tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #1013
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Haha, back on topic! Picked up a bunch of these yesterday to help hold my boxes together while the glue/resin cures:

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

$5 for a 4pk! Hell yeah! So now I've got 4 6", 4 4", and I got 2 24" also for the big stuff ($6/ea!) - how did I ever fabricate anything without these sweet ratchet clamps?

Also, do you welders use the metal C-clamps instead of these rubber shits to better transfer heat/etc to both sides of the weld, or does it matter?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #1014
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
welders use metal ones not for heat transfer, but so they don't melt

try holding 1000 degree metal with a rubber/plastic clamp and see what happens
Old 11-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #1015
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

I hold that shit with my fingers, bro. No fear.

Lol I've got a ton of the little 4" metal ones I stole from my Dad like 10yrs ago, because I guess that's all they had in the 70s. Anyway, ratchets > screw-clamp, but I see whatcha mean about the heat melting them.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #1016
seanc
Leaky Injector

seanc is an unknown quantity at this point
some bottom mount seat brackets. as low as you can make them without going side mount or modifying the chassis. car still has a cat and the customer wanted to leave the floor uncut.

almost finished:

a sample weld:

finished project:

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #1017
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanc View Post
some bottom mount seat brackets. as low as you can make them without going side mount or modifying the chassis. car still has a cat and the customer wanted to leave the floor uncut
Awesome brackets/sliders! Welds look good, and those look even lower than my Wedge Engineering brackets!

So I've made a bunch of progress on my boxes, they should be done tomorrow!

Cutting the intricate shapes with a circular saw and sawzall - check out the laser line on the circular saw!!!:

Mock up:

Assembly, with Gorilla Glue and some small screws to hold it in - note: predrilled before screwing so as not to split the plywood:

Coating the inside with fiberglass resin - lowers the Fb (tuning/resonant frequency) of the box by sealing all possible holes/gaps:

Cutting 5.75" opening for my 6.5" components with Dremel circle-attachment:

... and as they sit now, with the tops on and glue drying:

Here's the start to the sub box - side walls up (one mocked for cuts tomorrow) and rectangular vent started (top-facing vent):

Old 11-13-2008, 02:01 AM   #1018
seanc
Leaky Injector

seanc is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks jordon! btw you should give a quick tutorial on glassing parts. i want to build a front splitter this weekend and glass it.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 AM   #1019
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

see dude, everyone thinks your name is jordan
Old 11-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #1020
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Lol. Everyone fails to see the other J in front of Jordan (myself included).

Fabricate a NameChanger!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote