Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #1
justakouki

Trader Rating: (0)
justakouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 Timing Issue

Hey, I have a built KA-T with an AEM Infinity 5 ECU and a custom WireWorx harness. I'm have a strange timing issues. The car intermittently retards timing. Sometimes I will start the car and it will run and driver perfectly fine, using the timing light it is at 20BTDC where I set it. Other times when I start it it will idle rough with poor throttle response, the timing light shows the timing advanced to 0BTDC. I can start the car back to back in 1 sitting and it could do either of these things. What could cause this?

Last edited by justakouki; 04-11-2021 at 12:46 PM..
justakouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not familiar with that ecu but stock timing is around 15, 20 timing is really pushing especially once boost kicks in, sounds like knock waiting to happen. try setting it to 15 through timing mode. on a stock ecu you disconnect tps and rev to 3k a couple times, this prevents the ecu from varying timing an lets you get a good reference for timing.

can you rev above 3k?

make sure the CAS was installed correctly as well, on SRs there's two dots that can be mistaken. gooddluck
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote