Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Snowboarding Gear

I'm getting ready to go snowboarding again this year and was wondering what kind of gloves/goggles my fellow Zilvians are rockin. Right now I'm looking at the Burton Superpipe gloves, but don't have any idea what goggles to look into. Last season I just used sunglasses, and I don't intend to do that again.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Still using a 03 Burton Clash . But, I bought some 07 Drake Podium bindings (that's right, carbon/titanium! :P) and some 07 Burton Shaun White boots. The board is a bit too stiff and heavy for me, but I haven't decided what to upgrade too.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Generic board and boots.

Whatever coat I have at the time.

Scott, no fog goggles.

Never had gloves that were worth a shit.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Generic board and boots.

Whatever coat I have at the time.

Scott, no fog goggles.

Never had gloves that were worth a shit.
I always rent board/boots. Coat I do the same as you.

Are you happy with the goggles?

Gloves though, last year the off brand ones I had got absolutely soaked. I'm hoping somebody can tell me the superpipes leave their hands nice and toasty.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Yeah, but I'm not like some uber professional eXtreme sports snowBROder.

So they may be average and I won't know it.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm not like some uber professional eXtreme sports snowBROder.

So they may be average and I won't know it.
Average is fine with me. I only snowboard one week a year. I'm not shelling out a hundred dollars for something I'll use once a year.

snowBROder lol

Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
rokmplutonium
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats wrong with using sunglasses, I do that all the time. But I also have Dragon Foil goggles for when it snows.
As for gloves, I have a pair of Dakine Scout Dry. I really love the nose and goggle wipe; I use it to remove snow from the crevices of the bindings. Plus insert is really nice, now my hands don't have to be freezing if i ever need to take off my gloves.

I'm not a big fan of burton products. I think they're overpriced, but they're high end products like the Shaun White lineup are really nice.

If you guy's don't want to spend a lot of money on a coat, I suggest you pick up a sweater from Thirtytwo . You can wear them while boarding and they won't freeze over. Unless you're one of those people that likes to sit on their ass on the slopes.

Last edited by rokmplutonium; 10-18-2009 at 07:37 AM..
rokmplutonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
speed_racerx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
speed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speed_racerx
i have a twin tip winterstick board
burton boots
rome arsenal bindings
grenade gloves
spy goggles(they dont fog up but my glasses does)
i use my bubble jacket that i've had since 7th grade. lol
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokmplutonium View Post
Whats wrong with using sunglasses, I do that all the time.
Last year my sunglasses fell off and got crushed by my hand during a fall. They were aviators though lol, maybe wraparounds would be better?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruinHyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
I'm getting ready to go snowboarding again this year and was wondering what kind of gloves/goggles my fellow Zilvians are rockin. Right now I'm looking at the Burton Superpipe gloves, but don't have any idea what goggles to look into. Last season I just used sunglasses, and I don't intend to do that again.
as far as goggles go man, you should just go to a shop and try all of the goggles they have on and get the ones that fit your face the best. I personally wear anon figments because I find they fit me best, plus they look sick. I live in canada and it's usually cold a shit so I wear RPM leather pipe gloves from burton or the baker undermitt on super cold days. I'm riding a Love 57 this year for most days and an Endeavor Color 53 for jib around days. Pretty stoked to rip some turns.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
HyperLeafBlower

Dakine makes some really good gloves too
Old 10-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
board/binding/boot setups;
gnu chb, burton mission bindings
k2 WWW, 08 burton c60 bindings

i have electric eg1 black bandanna goggles with a smoked lens, grenade gloves dont remember which ones, dc phantom boots, a cheap set of zumiez snow pants, and whatever hoodie i feel like wearing for the day.
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
Still using a 03 Burton Clash . But, I bought some 07 Drake Podium bindings (that's right, carbon/titanium! :P) and some 07 Burton Shaun White boots. The board is a bit too stiff and heavy for me, but I haven't decided what to upgrade too.
Nice. I have an 04 Clash. haha. I plan on going this season and I'll be needing new gear too. Good thread.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #14
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
goggles only use Oakleys.

All the lenses are shatter proof. Why would you need that?
Some people like to ride through trees. When you follow a friend through the trees, a branch can have a whipping effect. First person pushes, and it comes whipping back at the second person. If your face smacks a branch and it can shatter the lenses.
Long story short, I visited this local board shop, and some guy apparently fell really bad and the goggle lenses shattered in his eyes. (they were a big name goggle company)

we all switched to oakleys afterwards.
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #15
HyperLeafBlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicck View Post
goggles only use Oakleys.

All the lenses are shatter proof. Why would you need that?
Some people like to ride through trees. When you follow a friend through the trees, a branch can have a whipping effect. First person pushes, and it comes whipping back at the second person. If your face smacks a branch and it can shatter the lenses.
Long story short, I visited this local board shop, and some guy apparently fell really bad and the goggle lenses shattered in his eyes. (they were a big name goggle company)

we all switched to oakleys afterwards.
Wow, thats ridiculous, I've never heard of that happening ever. Oakleys are sick but the lenses are as soft as butter.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I snowboard at least 40+ times a season and if you dont want soaked hands, DONT GET PIPE GLOVES. I wear pipe gloves but only because I never have to touch the snow with my hands and also because I'm in SoCal. When it actually gets cold here, I wear my winter gloves.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
-board thats from a fresh choice drawing my mom won 12+ years ago...thats never been waxed (yes, you heard right)
-cheap lamar boots and bindings on special at what was then sportmart for less than $100 combined
-gap jacket thats barely water resistant from 8+ years ago
-water resistant bib from walmart from 13+ years ago
-gortex gloves from marshalls
-bolle goggles...

and ill still stomp anyone on the park or smoke anyone down the slopes...brand name this, brand name that, oh, i need a camelbak cuz everyone has one, oh, i need a helmet cuz im doing 3 inch launches with .0000193 of hang time...gear is OVERRATED...
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
HyperLeafBlower

people snowboard with camelbaks? Weird.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
3 different colors of spy Soldiers, and like 5 spy targas. i use to sell them here, they all sold end of last season. i might be selling my board this coming up season to buy another at ski dazzle.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Board: 08 Burton Custom
Jacket: Burton Shawn White Collection Gentleman's Jacket
Pants: Some REI brand, has held up brilliantly for 4 seasons
Boots: Burton Freestyle
Bindings: Burton Custom Limiteds
Goggles: Scott Limited Edition
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #21
HyperLeafBlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsilvias13 View Post
I snowboard at least 40+ times a season and if you dont want soaked hands, DONT GET PIPE GLOVES. I wear pipe gloves but only because I never have to touch the snow with my hands and also because I'm in SoCal. When it actually gets cold here, I wear my winter gloves.
I've never found pipe gloves get my hands wet, they keep them dry just not very warm.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Quote:
uber professional eXtreme sports snowBROder.

Here's an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
and ill still stomp anyone on the park or smoke anyone down the slopes
Old 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I board with a camelback on, snowboarding make me freaking thirsty specially on long trails. plus it holds my thicker big 5 gloves, my knife and other tools.
HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Oakley Crowbar!
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I love my burton blunt, need to get a tune up before this season.

Also I wear just some generic burton gloves, seem to work fine.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
Trevor87
Leaky Injector

Trevor87 is an unknown quantity at this point
boards: 06 forum destroyer, 08 capita food court gangster
bindings: 06 technine farmers, 08 drake somethings
boots: dc park, 32 ulta lights, nike zoom
gloves: grenade
goggles: electric eg5, spy soldier, dragon mace
jacket: special blend, foursquare
pants: foursquare
Trevor87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #27
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsilvias13 View Post
I snowboard at least 40+ times a season and if you dont want soaked hands, DONT GET PIPE GLOVES.
From sweat or snow?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #28
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im guessing he means snow in which case you could just not fall..... i just use some motorcycle gloves that have some padding and some spy goggles
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote