Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
Deezal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Deezal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20VET - Saker GT build - Road race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYf4M00U8a8

Hey everybody, thought there may be one or two who could take an interest in this so here goes.

I've previously owned an R33 GTST, 03 350Z track & SR20DET S13 track car

The car is a Saker GT (spaceframe kit car), in most cases they run a EJ20 but I'm more familiar with the SR platform so that is what we've opted to go with.

Specs wise the car should work out similar to the likes of a daytona prototype. Approx 950kg (2100lbs) fully laden with me in it and gas. Aiming for approx 600hp.

The car is setup with EVO 6 brembo brakes right around, I've just had a set of 2nd hand penske 8000 series shocks arrive for it. Also just ordered a rebuilt audi 01E transaxle for it and the plan is to order the remainder of the rotating assembly, studs and dry sump kit from mazworx in another month or so.

For more regular updates follow Vesuvius Racing on Facebook.

Now for some photos:

Here it is on the day we picked it up with the subaru drivetrain just sitting in place.

The vents on the guards had essentially just been stuck on so one of the first jobs was trying to flare them into the body work.

The rear cowling also didn't fit that well so we had to re-glass it and extend it. I have a sponsor who is going to tidy up the body and paint side of things so at this stage we're just trying to make everything fit "loosely".

We also extended the front splitter by 120mm and glassed in 20mm foam sandwhich for the under tray to give it some strength.

One of the next jobs was throwing the SR in to see how it was going to fit, to run a baffled sump wasn't going to work without seriously modifying the chassis and going to a dry sump will also enable us to lower the engine to get a better C.O.G. and give us more room for the cross braces coming down from the top of the fire wall.

Then we set to making up the diffuser and wing mounts, the idea was to try and make it somewhat resemble the Group C cars that it is loosely based on by making it more of a "long tail" deisgn.

Made up a bracket to mount the digital dash off the bosskit

Currently this is basically how it sits, rear bodywork still needs mounts made up to attach it properly.

Suspension is now bolted in but the mounting points still need some work.

Got the head shimmed the other night, all within spec now to suit the VZR cams.

Started mounting the seat, hopefully have that finished this week, nothing is "off the shelf".

Also made some mounting brackets to attach the rear bodywork and welded (and painted) pipes onto the chassis to give us some jacking points as the car is too low.

This is how it sits currently.

Audi 01E transaxle should be in my possession next week and I should see my order from Mazworx in a month or so all going well.

Last edited by Deezal; 10-02-2017 at 02:30 PM..
Deezal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links