Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #61
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Which again is lame to me. I've NEVER had to buy an extended warranty for any console I've ever owned in my life.

I wouldn't feel the need to buy one for a PS3 or a Wii right now. But if I bought a 360 I would. LAME.

i did it because i could, not because i need to...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #62
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
i did it because i could, not because i need to...
Which in the 360's case I actually the same thing.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #63
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
funny considering i've owned my 360 for 3 years, and it is on atleast 2 hours every single day.

Only problem i ever had is the laser going bad from extended use. Which i fixed myself for $10......

So take your sony fanboy bullshit somewhere else.
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #64
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Which in the 360's case I actually the same thing.

all i know is that i havent needed to worry about it...shit sometimes i leave it on overnight and i wake up its fine...

then again i did get the Elite and its still prety new

Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #65
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
all i know is that i havent needed to worry about it...shit sometimes i leave it on overnight and i wake up its fine...

when did you buy yours?
jworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #66
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:

LOL. IGN just gave the 360 Failing the #1 scariest spot in video game history.

IGN: Scariest Gamer Moments

Quote:
Modern videogame consoles cost hundreds of dollars, and they're engineered to become your main (and often sole) source of gaming entertainment. You might own a PC, a DS or even an iPhone, but if you have a current-generation console, that's where you'll be spending most of your gaming hours. So when that console begins to fail, a cold creeping fear follows. The worst offender in this department is Microsoft's Xbox 360 console, a powerful machine that left the generational gate early to become the dominant hardcore gaming platform in the marketplace.

It also became the most unreliable home console in videogame history. Whether it 's a dead optical drive or the dreaded "general hardware failure" accompanied by the ominous flashing "three red lights," we're willing to bet that every Xbox 360 owner has experienced or knows someone who has experienced a dead 360. Here's how it usually happens.

You pick up a preordered game on your way home from work/school/prison. You've made plans in advance with your friends to hop online and play after dinner. You crack open a beverage, open the game, throw it into your Xbox 360 and wait for it to load up. Instead, you're greeted by the Red Ring of Death, those three flashing lights that indicate your system is suddenly dead. Panicked, you unplug the power cable and wait a few seconds before flipping it on again. You take deep breaths, hoping it's just a mistake. Maybe everything will be back to normal. It can't be dead, right? I just got it back from repair three months ago. But your greatest fears are confirmed when those lights blink back at you, taunting. You text your friends, your hands trembling with anger. Have fun playing the game, guys. See you in four to six weeks.
Luckily you bought that extended warranty.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #67
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
funny considering i've owned my 360 for 3 years, and it is on atleast 2 hours every single day.

Only problem i ever had is the laser going bad from extended use. Which i fixed myself for $10......

So take your sony fanboy bullshit somewhere else.

Yeah, and that's just your story, many others haven't been so fortunate. So take your Microsoft and it's damn near 50% failure rate somewhere else.

Quote:
I just got it back from repair three months ago
Hahahaha
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #68
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
Yeah, and that's just your story, many others haven't been so fortunate. So take your Microsoft and it's damn near 50% failure rate somewhere else.

Hahahaha
Again to quote myself on page2

Quote:
The failure rate on all 360's is 54.2%, and that is including the new ones were the have "fixed" the problem. Can you imagine what it is for just the early ones? Probably near 90%. .
Here's a link to stats on IGN.
IGN: Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

And if you're curious about PS3 and Wii?

Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

If my 360 can't be fixed I WILL NOT be buying another one, nor will I be buying their next console. All the great games in the world don't matter if I can't fuckin play'em.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #69
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:

. All the great games in the world don't matter if I can't fuckin play'em.

Exactly.

The question from the OP, was whether to get it or not. IMHO, no.

I have owned an Xbox 360, then it went out, then after i got it back, again it went out. Listen the Xbox is a very good gaming console, when it works. Great games and the best online play. But how is that worth it's price when the failure rate is so high? Why invest your hard earned money on something, that may be bound to fail?

Of course youre going to have those who don't have problems at all. But the majority do. So it's a calculated risk, that I wouldn't take.

That's why I ditched the Xbox for a PS3. And to tell the truth, I play my NES more than I did my Xbox or PS3. So it to me, isn't about which is better Etc Etc. I wanted something that is going to be relieable, and to me the Xbox isn't.
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #70
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworks View Post
when did you buy yours?
Feb 09

Quote:

Luckily you bought that extended warranty.
damn skipitty

Quote:
All the great games in the world don't matter if I can't fuckin play'em.
agreed. if mine fails, ill get a new one, if that fails and warranty no longer covers it...ill just throw it thru Best Buys window...AND THEN...buy a PS3

Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #71
LeftNutOfGowd
Post Whore!

LeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LeftNutOfGowd
Just 2 1/2 more weeks before I get my modern warfare xbox 360 elite cant F'N wait its been to long since I have had a 360 and so many games I want to play

LeftNutOfGowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #72
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

agreed. if mine fails, ill get a new one, if that fails and warranty no longer covers it...ill just throw it thru Best Buys window...AND THEN...buy a PS3
lmao, I got extended warranty as well but I don't get why they wanted to charge me the first time $40. I had no problems for 6 days of owning it until the ethernet port decided to stop working? I connected the cord to 2 different laptops with no problems and back to the 360 with constant "failed to connect to xbox live". So I went back and asked for a replacement, this time they asked if I wanted extended warranty for $20, couldn't turn that down so I got it. The shitty part was I had to go back to gamestop after getting the replacement because I heard something loose tumble around inside the console (that's no good) Then they sent me to the GS down the block cause I took the last arcade version.
jworks is offline   Reply With Quote