Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
8_6_Fo_Life

Trader Rating: (0)
8_6_Fo_Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 8_6_Fo_Life
F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport in Richmond, Va - Sept. 3rd

Fridays At The Shop - aka, F.A.T.S. is coming to Performance Autosport.

Performance Autosport specializes in Saleen Mustangs, Lightning trucks, and other rare late model Mustangs. However, I am a Nissan fan and a car enthusiast of any make or model. So, I am inviting anyone here on Zilvia.net to come out to our shop.

Starts @ 7:00pm, goes until 1 or 2am...whenever.

This coming Friday, September 3rd.

What is F.A.T.S.?

- Overall, the whole idea of FATS is that I'm going to keep my shop open on select Friday nights so everyone can cruise in and hang out. I'm tired of being kicked out of places to hang and being hassled by police because of a few bad apples ruining the fun for all. It's going to be a way local car enthusiasts from around the area can get together with other car enthusiasts without being hassled by police or other unwanted guests. There are a few rules however, but nothing to be worried about. If you are a true car enthusiasts looking for a nice place to hang out and chat, you wont mind.

Whats allowed?

- The dyno here at Performance Autosport will be open to anyone. Being that we are in the middle of no-where, we can dyno all night if we want. For the first FATS, the normal rates apply. That would be $75 for 3 pulls w/ air/fuel readings and some print outs. If you care to tune your car I will give you a price accordingly that night. It will be a first come/first serve basis on FATS nights.

- Come and hang out. You dont need to spend any money with us to be able to park and talk. We encourage ANYONE (any make or model) to come out, park, show your car off, talk with friends, meet people, etc. Our parking lot can easily hold 100 cars or so, feel free to fill it up. I'd like this to become something people look forward to.

Whats not allowed?

- No burnouts, doughnuts, wreckless driving on our property. Our landlord is a very cool guy and is also a car guy. He is letting me try this out because he liked the idea. His only stipulation is that he doesnt want to come back Monday morning and have his parking lot look like a burnout box. If you leave rubber, you leave and don't come back.

- No alcohol. This is kind of an obvious one, but I still needed to put it out there. Please, if you choose to come out do not bring alcohol with you or you'll be asked to leave. Thats just common courtesy.

So, to wrap this up...If you are into blasting your stereo and testing your rev limiter in a parking lot everytime someone drives by....this is not for you. If you like showing off your car, talking about cars, dyno'ing, tuning your car, meeting other car people...FATS is for you.

For those that want to come out this Friday, here are some directions:

If coming from Richmond or from the southside by Rt. 288, via 64:
- Take 64 West towards Charlottesville. (Those taking Rt. 288, take it until it dead ends at 64 West.)
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a left at the stoplight.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

If coming from Charlottesville via 64:
- Take 64 East towards Richmond.
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a right at the stopsign.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

Anyone interested? If anyone needs more info, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
-Kevin
'87 Saleen Mustang #261
I run the dyno at Performance Autosport in Richmond, Va.
8_6_Fo_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Bump for a badass idea in Virginia. I am not sure if I can make it THIS specific Friday,but keep it going and I will be there next week or so. The problem is I currently have one headlight therefore I don't want to deal with the ticket. Plus my weekends are reserved for visiting 'the misses' either way that is a super mega awsome idea,and I will be thereee if you keep it up,just proble not this friday. How long is the actual drive from richmond,do you know?
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Mike22bSTi

Mike22bSTi is an unknown quantity at this point
This was a good time, plenty of cool cars/people, and all in a care free, moron free zone. Be sure to check it out the next time... when that will be i'm not sure though

Ghettokracker... The place is only 2 miles west of the short pump mall. So not very far at all. And you gotta come next time!
Mike22bSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Yeah,I am coming as soon as I get my headlight fixed! I got one headlight right now...I honestly think it will be awsome to meet TRUE nissan people,and even mustang/honda whatever people.
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
nrcooled
Nissanaholic!

nrcooled is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to nrcooled
Do you have an AWD dyno?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
8_6_Fo_Life

No sir. Its a 2wd dyno.

BTW, I love your TME.
'87 Saleen Mustang #261
Old 09-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #7
8_6_Fo_Life

We are having this same event this coming Friday, the 24th. If anyone is interested come on out!
'87 Saleen Mustang #261
Old 09-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #8
VA240
Leaky Injector

VA240 is an unknown quantity at this point
How many people turned out for the first meet?

-VA240
VA240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:10 PM   #9
VA240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22bSTi
89' Coupe, redtop (hopefully to see track time before i graduate)

Help me find the elusive 4 lug 16 x 7.5 Kosei K1 racing wheels
I've got a set of these wheels on my '92 coupe. I might make it out to PAS this Friday. You could check 'em out then.

-VA240
Old 09-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #10
Mike22bSTi

Are you willing to sell them? Either way come check it out, it's good fun.

There were probobly about 40 cars through the night and maybe 10 bikes. Pretty good turnout
Old 09-24-2004, 05:43 AM   #11
VA240
Leaky Injector

I'd consider selling them, but I won't give them away. The wheels are in perfect condition and the tires are also in very good shape.

I think I'll be heading to F.A.T.S. this evening.
-VA240
Old 09-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #12
Mike22bSTi

VA240, unless you were in a non 240 vehicle i didn't see you there. And i might very well beinterested in buying your wheels. PM me if your serious about selling them.

The next FATS, might actually be a SATS, meaning it will be held on saturday's instead, due to scheduling for the shop, but either way you guys should all come out next time, i'm always the only 240 there, we need some more than one there to represent!