Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:05 AM   #181
defiantmofo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
defiantmofo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ya, Zoltec, White, and myself all ran DDrugs at the event this weekend. I feel they were simply outstanding. Great grip and control when i wanted it, but i was able to put the end out and keep control throughout the drift. These made it alot easier for me to be consistent corner to corner. I went with the 10/8 spring rate which some say would be to stiff, however i think it really rocked on the track. Would i daily drive with them? Yes, but i dont really care about how they ride i care about how they perform. I rode with Zoltec who has 8/6 and it seemed very similar, not much of a difference in stiffness. I have a hatch, and with stock rims the back will bounce with no weight in the back from the stripped interior and just how light the 240 is. I would strongly suggest getting some 17inch rims with low profile tires, which will eliminate the bounce created by the higher profile tire "flexing". I ran with stock rims for a couple weeks, until my FN01RCs came in, and it made a huge difference. The downside is because they are so low even at close to their highest setting, you will need to flatten the piece of metal at the top of the wheel well. My FN01RCs are 17x8 +35. I did not get as much negative camber out of the fronts as i wanted, but -1.8 is close enough for me. The backs however will be close to -3.0 with stock Rear Upper Control Arms (RUCAs). You will need RUCAs. The camber was way to far off to simply leave it. The clicks are frim and definetly noticable. Yes they are 40way adjustable, but i just make my clicks 5 at a time so their 8way. No real big deal, but there is definetly a difference from 10, 20, 30, 40. That's my quick and dirty. Rob and Dave at TF are great and always willing to help you out and answer your questions.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread