Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

View Poll Results: When should we have the meet?
Friday night 8 14.55%
Saturday afternoon 12 21.82%
Saturday night 22 40.00%
Sunday afternoon 16 29.09%
Sunday night 11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #121
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
lol yea..

all i have to to heat wrap the manifold... bolt the turbo on... and get a few studs... then i can drop it in... YAY
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #122
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
boosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boosted98gst
So is this going to happen before winter or what? We should have 2 people in charge of finding the place and letting everyone know. that way its more organized and will actually happen and not just be talk on a car fourm.
boosted98gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #123
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Aug 30th.....

way before winter
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #124
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Time and place just need to be confirmed. Date seems to be set on the 30th.

C-bus people get out there and do work. Lets get this finalized.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #125
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
Werd. Time and place is all we need.
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #126
osus14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
osus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Habit View Post
Time and place just need to be confirmed. Date seems to be set on the 30th.

C-bus people get out there and do work. Lets get this finalized.
Getting on that. So we are thinking hooters with hot girls right? I suggest we go to quaker steak and lube in polaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
i feel ya....

i hope my car runs with this new turbo
what new turbo? Once i find a gt35r, my gt2871r will be up for sale
Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #127
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
New radiator didnt fix cooling issues, neither did a new thermo, temp semsor, water pump.

Any fucking ideas?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 AM   #128
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

boosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by osus14 View Post
Getting on that. So we are thinking hooters with hot girls right? I suggest we go to quaker steak and lube in polaris.

Is your engine even in your car yet? I have not talked to you in like 5 months its prolly already in by now.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #129
osus14
Zilvia Addict

osus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond reputeosus14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
New radiator didnt fix cooling issues, neither did a new thermo, temp semsor, water pump.

Any fucking ideas?
Is the fans working okay?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #130
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:

i wish..... just another t25

i hate not having a job..... hopefully i will fix that when i get back...
Old 08-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #131
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

I am not going to be able to do the 30th, I have over 10 guys from our local board that is going to come if its on a sunday. I say make it a sunday its more chill and laid back and I am able to come!!!! If this is cool I will call and set up everything.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #132
Z33dori
Post Whore!

2 day event

?????
Old 08-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #133
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Well I think it is my headgasket guys. I may be down permanantly. If it is Im selling my coupe.

Theres an s30 near here with alttle rust the guy will negotiate with me on...time to go back to Z's.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #134
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Well I think it is my headgasket guys. I may be down permanantly. If it is Im selling my coupe.

Theres an s30 near here with alttle rust the guy will negotiate with me on...time to go back to Z's.

give up that easy?

either way my group is getting larger and larger by the day, we have everything from 240's 260's 240z's 300zx's and trying to get kyles r33 skyline vspec out if its nice. Most of us are 25+ and work during the weeks and spend sat with family, sunday would work alot better and have a better turn out.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #135
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Quote:
I have been meaning to go to a QS&L. That gets my vote...

Quote:

Any fucking ideas?
What's it doing? Just overheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted98gst View Post
I am not going to be able to do the 30th, I have over 10 guys from our local board that is going to come if its on a sunday. I say make it a sunday its more chill and laid back and I am able to come!!!! If this is cool I will call and set up everything.
Hm.. I like the Saturday night idea, but I like the Sunday afternoon idea too..

But getting food and bullshitting in the parking lot two days in a row? Not really fun...

I say we stay with Saturday night. The majority voted Saturday night.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #136
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:

why not replace the head gasket....

SR or KA....
Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #137
osus14
Zilvia Addict

So anyone else for QSL?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #138
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
So anyone else for QSL?
Location again?? LOL!! I'd love to make it the one in Milford off I-275

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #139
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

The car is basically overheating. For some reason my temp sensor isnt working, says im running normal but my upper rad hose is fucking burning. Replaced pretty much everything on the cooling, lines(except for inside manifold) waterpump, coolant sensor, thermosat, radiator. Im flushing it and everytime I dont have oil in my coolant or coolant in my oil, but I do get the white smoke when it warms up and a million little bubbles out my bleeder valve.
I now live in an apartment complex, where I dont have space for a task like a headgasket, unless it can be done in like 10 hours without having shit laying all over the fucking place. I really want my car to work but I cant be doing shit like that where I live, old lady next door would have my landlord on my ass so fast.
Im just outta ideas, im still trying to bleed it as best I can, done it about 5 times now, it still just heats up after a few mins.
I really dont want to give up, Ive put a lot of money and time into it, but after getting fucked on two engines now, Im about out of patience with the car and shady people in the community.
Ill do a compression check on tues and let you know what I find.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #140
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
is the car boiling out of the overflow or is the hose just hot?

try jacking the nose up, taking off the cap, taking out the bleeder screw, turning the heat on and on at full blast. let the car run while you continue to top off coolant, it can take 20mins or longer somtimes to get all the air out.

jon
Old 08-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #141
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw240sx View Post
is the car boiling out of the overflow or is the hose just hot?

try jacking the nose up, taking off the cap, taking out the bleeder screw, turning the heat on and on at full blast. let the car run while you continue to top off coolant, it can take 20mins or longer somtimes to get all the air out.

jon
Agreed. Especially when you flush the coolant out.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #142
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Yeah Ive been doing that every single time. Its getting tiring jacking the damn thing up to simply burp it every day or so. As always, top hose hot, bottom cool..
Old 08-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #143
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

You have to keep going until the bottom hose gets hot. Usually I squeeze the hoses to help circulate the coolant..
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #144
osus14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-95ZE View Post
Location again?? LOL!! I'd love to make it the one in Milford off I-275
that one works, but i thought we would want to meet in columbus. The one in polaris off of I-71
Old 08-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #145
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Ok so QS&L in Columbus Saturday, August 30, 2008. What time? 6pm? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm?

I know down here in Cincy usual cruise ins/meets start at 9pm. If there's food involved it's usually 8pm.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #146
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
Ok so QS&L in Columbus Saturday, August 30, 2008. What time? 6pm? 7pm? 8pm? 9pm?

I know down here in Cincy usual cruise ins/meets start at 9pm. If there's food involved it's usually 8pm.

The earlier the better LOL!!! us old folks can't stay up to late + I will have run 16 miles that morning and will be tired as fuck!! + long drive home.

I feel that it is very selfish of me to ask at this point, but its worth a shot I guess?? LOL!! is there anyway we can have it at the QSL in Milford(cincy)?? PLEASE!! If not I understand guys.. I know the world doesn't revolve around me

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #147
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
most guys seem to be from cinci, dayton, or columbasss. each city is only about an hour from the other ones, im game for cinci too. lets just do the damn thang!
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #148
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Hm.. my plan was to cover all the Ohio forums with this meet when we get details finalized..

Cleveland racing, toledo tuners, findlay tuners, ashtabula racing, ohio speed, knights of speed, OUSR, extreme street cars, CSR, CSS, PXracing, and all other ones I come across in the mean time.

It will be billed as a Nissan meet. Soo lets keep it in Columbus? It's not that far of a drive...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #149
osus14
Zilvia Addict

columbus or cincy or dayton.. I'm fine with it. Don't want to drive for more then an hour though.. IF we have it at cincy? can we have a fender rolling party before so I 'm not a 4x4 anymore?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #150
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
Hm.. my plan was to cover all the Ohio forums with this meet when we get details finalized..

Cleveland racing, toledo tuners, findlay tuners, ashtabula racing, ohio speed, knights of speed, OUSR, extreme street cars, CSR, CSS, PXracing, and all other ones I come across in the mean time.

It will be billed as a Nissan meet. Soo lets keep it in Columbus? It's not that far of a drive...
well i'll post it on Ohio Drifting ... some one post up on Dayton240sx also