Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Trying to change my approach to fanboyish members so I'll try to keep it nice.

-Please don't plasti dip the car. If it's in a body shop, chances are they have a paint booth. Keep it a base/clear color.
-Flat paint is nice on certain cars, it looks extremely cheap on a S-Chassis
-Bed liner in the cockpit? Why? You should've removed the old sound deadening and applied new aftermarket deadening, you literally added a layer of extra gunk with no benefit.
-Raceland coilovers aren't very good coilovers for the value. A used set of Megans would've been better and I don't even like Megans.

While I know you're on a budget, your purchases are very impulsive. We were all your age at some point so we kind of understand where you're coming from with wanting a cool car this very moment. The advice/critique usually comes from the experiences a lot of us have gone through so don't take it as offensive but rather, constructive.

Good luck.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post

-Please don't plasti dip the car. If it's in a body shop, chances are they have a paint booth. Keep it a base/clear color.
-Bed liner in the cockpit? Why? You should've removed the old sound deadening and applied new aftermarket deadening, you literally added a layer of extra gunk with no benefit.
-Raceland coilovers aren't very good coilovers for the value. A used set of Megans would've been better and I don't even like Megans.

While I know you're on a budget, your purchases are very impulsive. We were all your age at some point so we kind of understand where you're coming from with wanting a cool car this very moment. The advice/critique usually comes from the experiences a lot of us have gone through so don't take it as offensive but rather, constructive.

Good luck.
Thanks for your criticism. It really does help, I am plasti dipping it with a sprayer and it will have a gloss clear coat. If i dont like it, then i will send it out to be painted. The body shop does have a paint booth but as of now they are just fixing the body. I will have to look into the floor more.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
Thanks for your criticism. It really does help, I am plasti dipping it with a sprayer and it will have a gloss clear coat. If i dont like it, then i will send it out to be painted. The body shop does have a paint booth but as of now they are just fixing the body. I will have to look into the floor more.
Dont plasti dip it, I rather have it how it looks now than with cheap looking dip.
Waste of time and money, good job so far!
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post

Good luck.
Amen!!
Please don't plastidip the car, its got great paint on it now, just have the kit paint matched and away you go.
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lost me at plasti dip....
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote