Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #31
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxvaj View Post
if it has a KA in it, keep it a 240sx. if it had a LS1 in it, keep it a corvette and so on.
lots of drifter are mainly nissan (some are different), so keep it nissan and stop throwing a american motor in a import.
i have to agree with rb25_s13_*chuki, many people wants power and takes the easy way out. instead of taking the easy way out how about modding the 4 cylinders and beating the bigger motor and making those $20,000 look dumb. btw, by modding the imports you will learn alot more about your car.
I have no idea how putting a LSX motor is "taking the easy way out"? It's still a pretty difficult swap to do, it's not some normal swap yet. seriously i have had my hands in a fair share of turbo 4 and turbo 6 builds over the last few years, and building up a v8 does take skill some people may think it does not but it does.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #32
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
for the price it costs to do any ls1 swap, you could have an sr that will beat it.
then another $500 into the LSX and game over again. End of the day your not gonna get a SR to make anywhere NEAR the same power as a LSX for the price.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #33
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
i think he's referring to i/e/t you can have 350+whp in an ls1. cam will grant you 400+
Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #34
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
then another $500 into the LSX and game over again. End of the day your not gonna get a SR to make anywhere NEAR the same power as a LSX for the price.
i never said the same power. take a 400hp sr and a 400hp ls1, which is going to win?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I like V8 swaps. I think they sound cool.

More reliable, too. Redlining the shit out of an SR to keep it sideways, or feathering a V8. Which do you think is gonna last longer?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #36
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I am a big PUSSY, right?

Japanse V8 quad cam, very cost effective in the long run. Add super charger and you can have fun catching up.

Don't bitch about what people can do, WHAT DO YOU HAVE???

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG PLAYER!!!!

Yes, I know people that can build SR with 1,000 HP, but that does nothing for my personal lifestyle,track time or fun. So........ YEAH!!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #37
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
i never said the same power. take a 400hp sr and a 400hp ls1, which is going to win?

LS1. more touque.

And I'm not smoking crack. Go look shit up before making assumptions man. Cam and a tune on LS1s included can get you 475+.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #38
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
Japanse V8 quad cam, very cost effective in the long run. Add super charger and you can have fun catching up.
Fucking awesome.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #39
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
honestly i would put money on the LSX. the 400hp mark would come early and would STAY there throughout the powerband, by the time your 400hp sr's turbo made full boost a 400hp lsx car will be out on you a pretty good ways.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #40
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

i've personally seen and ridden in both my friends 400hp cars. ls1 and sr20, while they were racing. the sr won, being it was in a hatch and lighter.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #41
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:

Yes, I know people that can build SR with 1,000 HP, but that does nothing for my personal lifestyle,track time or fun. So........ YEAH!!

HELL YES! i would LOVE to do a 1UZ-FE, header,exhaust,itb,cams,pulleys in a s13. what all is done to your VH45?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #42
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
LS1. more touque.

And I'm not smoking crack. Go look shit up before making assumptions man. Cam and a tune on LS1s included can get you 475+.
a cam and tune will get you 400+, you may be talking additional mods.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #43
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
i've personally seen and ridden in both my friends 400hp cars. ls1 and sr20, while they were racing. the sr won, being it was in a hatch and lighter.

I'm kinda getting the feeling that you make shit up just to prove your points.

Quote:
a cam and tune will get you 400+, you may be talking additional mods.
And nope again. Keep in mind I didn't say WILL, I said CAN.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #44
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

when i decide to do a v8, this will be it.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #45
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
what was the LS in?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #46
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
yeah.....like i said the ls1 was a camaro (heavy) and the sr20 was a hatch(not heavy)
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #47
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

And nope again.
show me where a cam and tune on an LS1 made 475+.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
yeah.....like i said the ls1 was a camaro (heavy) and the sr20 was a hatch(not heavy)

i thought you were compairing a 400hp LSX 240 Vs 400hp SR 240.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #49
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Now that makes sense. I'm sorry I thought you were talking both 240s. Because it wouldn't really make sense to compare a 400hp 240 to a 400hp camaro there bud.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #50
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Mine is stock with headers and rom tune. That is all I need for the cry babies that try and talk shit with a beat down SR in their car that never runs right.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #51
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

haha, sorry i didn't clarify. a 400 hp s13 (ls1) should be good for 11's.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #52
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I'm all about bang for you buck performance. growing up building honda's n/a was the way to go. People who turbo charged honda engines to me were the pussies of the group. Build it N/A. I've grown diluted by the opinion of the population of fanbois that there is a certain way I should build my car.

To get the same amount of horsepower out of my sr20 that's in a stock ls1, ls2 motor. I'm looking anywhere from 3-4500 dollars depending on upgrades, tune, engine management.

I could spend 6 grand and install a 400hp motor into my car, get it to pass emissions and never be scared of a cop following me for miles upon miles in my car. Go take it to a track and not worry about my turbo blowing oil seals, blowing up a ball bearing on my un-rebuildable turbo, no worries about fires due to old hoses breaking and shooting flamable fluid all over the engine bay.

Seriously you would have to be the biggest fanboi on the planet to deny the performance a v6 or v8 motor brings to the table.

It takes owning an sr20, then upgrading to a rb25, 26, possibly 1jz, 2jz (which you fanbois don't condone either) then wisening up and putting that v8 in your car.

Personally I'd ditch the sr20 for the reliability and availability of parts for my motor. I can get parts ANYWHERE for a v8 motor, kragen, autozone. I don't have to order shit from frsport or westcovina nissan and wait for it to arrive or drive 40 minutes to pick it up. parts are available down the street.

I have a hard time understanding the ignorance of some people who still measure the size of their dick and their og status by them keeping it real and keeping that jdm motor in there.

Fact of the matter is 5 more years of owning your car, you will outgrow it, most likely sell it, and then post on the forums like you're a god because you wen't down the long hard road of dealing with an sr20.

I'm sick of bolts flying off of the motor, i'm sick of having to retorque shit after a weekly drive in my car, I'm sick of a new leak of a mystery fluid is found in my engine bay after replacing all of the fucking seals on the motor. I'm sick of burning transmission fluid on my exhaust, I'm sick of electrical issues, I'm sick of constantly wrenching on the car period.

This car was supposed to be fun, when did we all forget what that meant?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #53
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
This can be fixed with running proper suspension parts and the most important, setting it up right for what ever type of driving you will do.
which is what camaro drivers don't do lol. they put a bunch of bolt ons with stock suspension and wheels.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #54
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

LMAO. It totally says 375 not 475. Holy shit. My bad.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #55
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post

People who swap V8s into their drift cars are nothing but a group of fucking rednecks who don't belong in drifting.

Nothing personal, at all.
I don't like v8s, or most American engines, in s-chassis either, but I don't necessarily agree with you when you say that they "don't belong in drifting."
Are you talking about professional drifting? Or just drifting in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1five10 View Post
To each his own guys. Most guys do it for the "WOW" factor of having something different.
I agree but Ls swaps are becoming so prevalant in the japanese car scene that it won't be "something different" for much longer. :/

coupe <3
Old 05-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #56
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not 500 but around 4 something easy 500 with heads and Op get the stick out of your vagina
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #57
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
LMAO. It totally says 375 not 475. Holy shit. My bad.
that's actually kinda low. my other friend's camaro made 353whp and 362wtq with i/e/t no cam.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #58
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post

I agree but Ls swaps are becoming so prevalant in the japanese car scene that it won't be "something different" for much longer. :/
one day i'm sure it'll be like "does that thing have an ls1 in it?" from a kid at the gas station.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #59
rob22
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (50)
rob22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
your car.
your money.
too each his own..
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #60
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
your car.
your money.
too each his own..
But then you can't please the Drift Nazi's???