Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drifting is Stupid Thread

zilvia needs this.

this page is for people who think drifting is dumb.

try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum or anything else that'll get this 'ed fast.

post pictures of stupid drift cars, stupid drift comments, stupid drift mods (trying to make your car handle worse?), anything drift-related.. as long as it stupid (which it all is!!)

let your frustrations out. and hold your ground, eventually drifting will go the way of honda street dragging that was rampant 7-10 years ago. after that we can all breath a sigh of relief
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
this thread is good, and you should feel good.

drifting is hard gay.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Can't wait til what people have to say about this thread! LOL

It's gona get bad!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I don't hate drifting i just hate some of the things that have come along with drifting like...

1. Tons of fanboy attention
2. Missile cars

Those are really the main ones other than some of the stupid ass mods you speak off.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I dont like that everyone who asks me about my car's first question is if i drift it.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
zilvia needs this.

this page is for people who think drifting is dumb.

try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum or anything else that'll get this 'ed fast.

post pictures of stupid drift cars, stupid drift comments, stupid drift mods (trying to make your car handle worse?), anything drift-related.. as long as it stupid (which it all is!!)

let your frustrations out. and hold your ground, eventually drifting will go the way of honda street dragging that was rampant 7-10 years ago. after that we can all breath a sigh of relief
Saying drifting is dumb and asking for no personal attacks on this forum? lol. I don't drift but I don't think drifting(at a track) is dumb. Why do you think so?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
Drifting IS dumb. But the people that drift have a different perception of that concept than people that don't haha
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
TurboFC3C
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
TurboFC3C is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboFC3C
The color blue is also dumb
Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
wait til vrt bombs this thread. =)

but nah, drifting is cool imo, just the bandwagon of badly tuned cars and cocky attitude is what ruins it for me.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
leave it to Ranger(right up there with Busteds13) to start a controversial thread and then ask for no negative comments. LOL
drifting sucks because of the kids who are into now. ( Just the kind of thing the OP wants to here )

I am counting down till this thread gets shit bombed and closed.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, you mean like how I think most of these body kits are stupid but the one's with them don't? Except I don't go telling people their body kits are dumb.

Well that's an opinion. Without a reason behind your opinion that the majority can agree with, your opinion doesn't really matter.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
PS I love drifting, but drifting IS dumb. But I love it.

It makes sense, right?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i saw on motormavens that a site was taking shots at hella flush and the whole stance movement with negative remarks
WEBMINING> Offset Offensive from Toronto – MotorMavens

Its really the people who push shit too extreme with their cars that brings down the whole bunch related to it.. Im pretty sure same thing with the people here who are claiming they hate drifting, they probably got turned off overall by a few bad examples.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
This thread will be full of FAIL

Love drifting
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Saying drifting is dumb and asking for no personal attacks on this forum? lol. I don't drift but I don't think drifting(at a track) is dumb. Why do you think so?
ha why drifting is dumb.

from a drivers perspective other motorsports are principally about performance and or competition. i.e. racing and driving as fast as possible given the road/track conditions (straights,curves,whatever). the exhibition aspect of such activity was always secondary. exhibition being, spectators watching you. sure bmw did the art-car thing, and daytona mopars look cool, but the main point is to drive fast and win races.

drifting, well drifting has that relationship of performance/racing and exhibition reversed. exhibition is the principal goal of drifting (as a motorsport). in fact the secondary racing aspect of drifting hardly exists as its not quantified (i.e. no timing used) they use JUDGES. thats obnoxious, its like figure skating vs speed skating.

sure the drivers have fun doing both.. but do you want to be a 'ice dancer' or a speed skater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swMugi75xB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pxjLaSp6Bs

theres tons of other stuff, but ill save my other reasons for later
Old 02-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I hate the large amount of people who did this to jump on the bandwagon and do what all the cool kids were doing.

Aka all the attention hungry Honda people with crappy attitudes and big mouths.

The actual drifting, I love. It's the most fun I've ever had, and I love looking at properly built drift cars.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Drifting is fun and cool, but taking drifting seriously is dumb to me.
Pretty much any form of track cars or of taking cars seriously is dumb to me though.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #18
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
ha why drifting is dumb.

from a drivers perspective other motorsports are principally about performance and or competition. i.e. racing and driving as fast as possible given the road/track conditions (straights,curves,whatever). the exhibition aspect of such activity was always secondary. exhibition being, spectators watching you. sure bmw did the art-car thing, and daytona mopars look cool, but the main point is to drive fast and win races.

drifting, well drifting has that coefficent of performance/racing and exhibition reversed. exhibition is the principal goal of drifting (as a motorsport). in fact the secondary racing aspect of drifting hardly exists as its not quantified (i.e. no timing used) they use JUDGES. thats obnoxious, its like figure skating vs speed skating.

sure the drivers have fun doing both.. but do you want to be a 'ice dancer' or a speed skater?
Just because it's not what you want to do, doesn't mean it's dumb.

If you wanna drive grip and go fast, then go do that and have fun. We don't go drifting because we want to go fast. We drift because it's fun and that's what we want to do.

Sliding a car around a corner may not be a fast way around a corner, but it is still a form of performance driving.

If that is your argument as to why drifting is dumb, it's not very strong.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #19
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I started drifting after Tokyo drift

- Im too busy atm. All in all, it's difference of opinions. Good luck with thread.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #20
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What is Drifting?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Drifting is fun and cool, but taking drifting seriously is dumb to me.
Pretty much any form of track cars or of taking cars seriously is dumb to me though.
Thats you. Some people pursue racing and or drifting seriously. I personally think its fun like you do. I think all forms of racing are fun.

Drifting actually came out of racing. In fact Super Modifieds, Sprint Cars and such pretty much drift the whole race and were doing it before the term was actually coined.

In fact they do it with 750hp 750lb cars on dirt tracks. Tell me that does not take skill. Anything that has skill is an achievement situation.
Therefor there is value to it just not to all.

People need to stop being close minded like the OP. Tell the girls that work so hard in figure skating that their Ice dance with jumps long program is not a sport or achievement and you disqualify them as a person.

Maybe the OP should just be disqualified as a person as well for his lack of understanding of personal achievement and goals.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #22
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
^^^Well said.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #23
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
ha why drifting is dumb.

drifting, well drifting has that relationship of performance/racing and exhibition reversed. exhibition is the principal goal of drifting (as a motorsport). in fact the secondary racing aspect of drifting hardly exists as its not quantified (i.e. no timing used) they use JUDGES. thats obnoxious, its like figure skating vs speed skating.

theres tons of other stuff, but ill save my other reasons for later
I gotcha, the current spectator's sport of drifting. I remember seeing, awhile back, these vids of japanese drifting where there was a timed race. I also remember watching on tv, a japanese drifter who is in the current drifting competitions, said something along the lines of "not drifting anymore but was doing it as a show for the fans." It's catered to us. We, americans like to watch. But yea, it is dumb now.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #24
240XTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
What is Drifting?
Each person will have their own definition of what it truly means to them.

Which reminds me!!!!. Check this out!!

2 FREE!! Passes to XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT (XDC) !!!! - youDrift.net
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
We drift because it's fun and that's what we want to do.
good point, i was originally going to touch upon that part about drivers preference. im all for drivers choosing to drive the way they personally enjoy.. getting the back loose around a turn is great fun.

its all the vinyl stickers on windshields, the giant stretched tires, 2-way diffs so you break traction easier, the missile cars, the people who trash chassis and throw them away like used condoms... that part of the 240 scene has to change
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #26
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Drifting sucks because it always leaves me needing to purchase new tires. And constantly having to work on the vehic. Fucking stupid drifting.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #27
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
drifting isn't for everyone. it was never meant to be. however, it is fun, regardless if it is a "real sport" or whatever. it's not meant to be anything to be taken serious. look at the beginning of D1. it was just a bunch of dudes who got really good at goofing around and driving their cars, so they decided to get together and see who was the best. of course, now it's become some bastardification of quasi-motorsport, but whatever.

if driving your car around as fast as possible was the main point of being a car enthusiast, why don't you go to car shows and make fun of people, or maybe stand out in the middle of a busy street and make fun of people for daily driving a car? because they are all lame. i don't see how drifting can be so offensive to people that it warrants constant complaint and ridicule by people.

would you rather be an ice dancer or speed skater? or would you rather just be that guy who likes to ice skate at the rink? ya heard?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #28
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wtf....... whatever. We'll keep doing what we like and appreciate all other motorsports, and you can hate and catch shit for it.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
drift freaq
funny you mention the old school pre-hype dirt track drifting, i helped my brother put the body back on his bosses track monte carlo this afternoon, its not my thing but definitely cool.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
DRIFTING, its not my thing but definitely cool.
Corrected that shit for you.
Closed Thread