Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Would you/Do you?
yes 166 83.84%
No 32 16.16%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #121
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post

Granted, his reasons for beating me (shoving kids off swings, 2 fights in 1 day, beating up other kids, etc) where spot on.
same here. i used to get suspended from school every day i was at school. stuff like that.
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 AM   #122
Nismentality
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Nismentality is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn, lol my mom and dad use to throw slippers at me when I rode my bike after dark and didn't want to go in.

Haha, I use to pedal all fast when they tryed. Good times
once I was inside, it wasn't so good lol
Nismentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #123
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
85% Yes.............awesome. Fucking hippie ass parents that think just talking to your kids works. Kids respect the spanking. I know it kept me in line when I was a little kid.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #124
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was never spanked as a kid and I turned out fine.

I know kids that were spanked and ended up as fucktards.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #125
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There are always exceptions to the rule.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #126
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The bottom line is that kids need a whuppin every now and then. Gotta keep those little bastards in check!

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #127
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
..Smack 'em.

I got the traditional leather belt, fly swatter, and wooden spoon. On special occasions when I was really bad. I had a metal spatula, large authentic Australian boomerang, and one of those mini plastic hockey sticks.

Kids these days get away with way to much. If you fart with a 10ft perimeter of a child they'll call Children Aid on you.
Nowadays. Far to often am I tempted to slap someone else kid because they're being rude, disrespectful, obnoxious snot nose brats, or down right annoying. And never receive any physical punishment. Or ANY kind of discipline.

I wonder if it has anything to do with 18 year olds having kids??
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #128
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
off ... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsbk_lwioxY

The people who voted no... are you white?

I don't think it's so much as the beatdown, but kids--shit people in general, need a sense of boundaries, consequences and punishment. If you can teach that at an EARLY age without beating your kids, more power to you--but if it's already too late and all you end up is with a bruised child who still acts like a fuck up, what then?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #129
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've talked about this SO many times with peers.

As a kid, when we did something wrong, we got smacked.
Getting your ass whooped makes you think twice about being a smart ass again.

Today is kind of bullshit I think. I see these kids being total assholes and the parents couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.

Simple solution: Kid acts up. Smack him. Kid learns. The End.

I think there is far too much "PC" crap these days. lawsuits. Kids who "run" their parents. ADD, ADHD, etc. wtf is that?
A smack will straighten up that smart ass.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #130
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I'm glad I just got the belt or the slipper or the hand but never that stupid stuff like "time out" or the soap bar in the mouth treatment.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 AM   #131
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Spoiled/disrespectful/whatever kids is not a matter of spanked or not spanked. It's a whole parenting style. Often the proper style comes with spanking (Because those parents CARE enough to train their kids), but it doesn't have to.
There are different strategies out there (and in this thread) that work at different times, in different situations, with different kids. I think you'll find most caring parents use a mix of positive and negative reinforcement as well as punishment (If you just tuned out because I used "psychology talk" fuck you).

Kids do as they observe. Set a good example, be firm, offer choices, spank when absolutely necessary.

To any who have said that we're having kids younger than we have in previous years... Have you ever read a book? Do your research on arranged feudal marriages, etc., then get back to us.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #132
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
I think allot of the kids from the IE and other parts of So cal should of been smacked around when they were growing up. When I did something wrong I got the shit beat out of my or I had to do a shit load of push ups... these 16-20 year old kids these days have no respect for anything.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #133
chucky norris
Nissanaholic!

chucky norris is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chucky norris
i would get hit by my dad with leather sandals, power cords, belts, and a plastic pipe all kinds of stupid shit for doing stupid things. it wasn't just my dad that would hit me also my grandmother and grandfather in front of my friends lol
chucky norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #134
prodigyJJ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
prodigyJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I used to get my ass beat by my mom and grandmom/grandfather constantly when I was a child until I was about 9 when I watched my mom shoot my older brother's dad in the vitals, leave him lying on the ground bleeding in the front yard, and walk into the house to call the cops on herself. She then sat down at the kitchen table, and drank a cup of coffee while she waited. F'n EPIC. Needless to say I never had my ass whipped again.

The point of that childhood memory is that fear is a beautiful thing to teach children with.
prodigyJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #135
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I know this girl that has a kid, the kid is way out of control. All she does is yell at him if he does something bad, and in my mind I want to tell her ass to whoop his ass. This kid is only 2 years old, biting/beating/jumping on her.

It's such a headache to see that, because if that was my son I would've whooped his ass until he gets it right. I remember when I fucked up when I was younger my mom brought out the feather dusters. LOL

Btw, the kid doesn't know his dad, the mom is single and living with her foster mom.
Shit, no wonder.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #136
PHAS3D
Leaky Injector

PHAS3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Im 18 and I can only remember getting hit by my dad once. I'm not spoiled.... Well not too bad anyways. I didn't really do dumb shit or piss off my parents, so I don't think all kids should get their asses beat for doing small shit. But then there are the dumb ass kids who scream and shit and public and yes I forshure think they should get beat or punished severly. I think it really just depends. haha this was pointless....
PHAS3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #137
Unknown007
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Unknown007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When I was little my parents would hit me and I would laugh my ass off.LOL but my lil brother isn't hit and holy mother of god he is so dumb.I think kids need a beaten to understand sometimes cause if they grow up never feeling pain and get hit by someone else, well you have a little girl if it's a boy.Also if you don't hit them or spank then it'll lead to them doing it again and again.Kinda like a puppy when they see newspaper.
Unknown007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #138
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAS3D View Post
Im 18 and I can only remember getting hit by my dad once. I'm not spoiled.... Well not too bad anyways. I didn't really do dumb shit or piss off my parents, so I don't think all kids should get their asses beat for doing small shit. But then there are the dumb ass kids who scream and shit and public and yes I forshure think they should get beat or punished severly. I think it really just depends. haha this was pointless....

The problem is that if you discipline your kid from the get-go, they wont think about having public tantrums. I watched my wife's lil cousin whos like 4, kid is the most behaved fucking kid I've ever seen. His dad talks to him like he's a damn adult and he behaves like one.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #139
PHAS3D
Leaky Injector

PHAS3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
The problem is that if you discipline your kid from the get-go, they wont think about having public tantrums. I watched my wife's lil cousin whos like 4, kid is the most behaved fucking kid I've ever seen. His dad talks to him like he's a damn adult and he behaves like one.
True. But that can also backfire. If my parents did that now i would probably do the exact opposite of everything they tell me. haha but probably not. idk its all just the situation i guess.
PHAS3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #140
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I rarely got my ass kicked by my parents. My brother did mind you but I learned from his mistakes. He got his ass handed to him by my mom and dad. I was like "Oh shit! I'm never gonna do that!" I came out alright..I guess.
When ever we got into bullshit they'd take the video game consoles, CD/MP3 players, Computers, anything worth having fun or enjoyed doing but what they didn't know I knew where they stashed all the goodies HAAHAAHAHAHAHAH but I say beat your kids ass when they get out of line!

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #141
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
i got my ass whopped by my dad, and i turned out pretty good if i say so myself.

and i agree with a couple of guys from here, todays youth doesnt have respect for its peers. they seriously need some as whooping; with the "chancla" lol
Old 06-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #142
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
In my area right now we are experiencing the generation of "no woopins" come to fruition. There is no sense of consequences for actions here. I know a girl who got a wreckless driving charge a while back. Then a few weeks later she got pulled for speeding.... under the influence, with open bottles in her car, scripts that weren't hers, pot possession, and parafanilia. Not a week later she rearended a van full of girls from the half-way house. So far she's gotten a slap on the wrist. She's really the victim here so they sentenced her to 30 days of AA lol.

No consequences = no morals = where i live

Pulling out of my neighbor hood the other day I saw a car way off in the distance. So I pulled out and almost got hit. The car way down the road was a girl doing... eh around 90(in a 35) in a liberty. She looked maybe 16. When I caught up to her she yelled at me for pulling out in front of her.. I was speechless lol.

My brothers ex graduated high school on her 5th car.
Car 1: Saturn 1 - dropped motor on ground(can't reverse full speed then throw your car into drive w/o stopping first forever.
Car 2: Saturn 2 - Same trouble.
Car 2b: Saturn 2- Side swiped a mini-van.
Car 3: 90's Shadow - after several minor fender benders finally spun out on dry pavement rounding a corner, bounced off a truck then a light pole.
Car 4: Brand new saturn ion- rear ended a station wagon.
Car 5: replacement band new ion- rolled due to excessive speed cornereing.
She has currently paid for zero cars or repairs and is still out there on the road.

There is a recent rash in pregnancies of unmarried 15-18y/o girls not in relationships who are still living at home. Most girls I meet have been pregnant at least once. But when you can pop a pill, adopt out, or let your parents raise it, why not. I think thats the current consensus.

The people of this city are pimarily failing industrial workers and commuting chicago big business. Its wierd to see more high school kids in brand new cars than adults. Theres two lanes here, one for the struggling adults trying to poke down the road and save gas in some beater, and one lane for a young kid bouncing a cobalt off the rev limiter and that girl in the liberty.

No consequences + Everything handed to you = where I live

Even my younger brothers have bought into this mindset. My youngest brother barely graduated high school. He has no job. He's not gonna go to school. He just sits in the basement and plays MW2 and parties with his friends. And he's probably the most likely to succeed out of his whole group of friends.

He said it to me like this. Why should I work? "I've never worked and I have everything I want. Don't be bitter because I figured the world out first" My brother has a homeless friend who has the same midset... excpet his parents lost there house and disowned him before they moved away, now he just bounces around between firends.

I'm not interested in a poll of whether the people in my city whooped there kids or not. The resulting youth speak volumes.

I can't relate to people much younger than me. It's like they are stuck in an episode of The Hills. i feel like most of them were raise, and grew up, very different from me.

I'm very thankful my parents cared enough to discipline me physically and otherwise.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #143
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
it has a lot to do with the kids personality... some fuckers are rebels the moment they get out of the womb... But im pro beating all the way, no abuse though just discipline and none of that time out BS either, real discipline

"be your kid's friend" flip that switch.....

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #144
90white240
Zilvia Addict

90white240 is an unknown quantity at this point
For me it was yes and no. My mom beat my butt, but my dad would talk to me. Sometimes I would rather of just got a spanky, long lectures suck.
90white240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #145
RPS13fan

RPS13fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm asian, so yes beat your kids!
RPS13fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #146
DDB240sx

DDB240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
It's the responsibility of the parent to ensure that the child understands that there are consequences to their actions in the real world. The parents won't always be around to protect them, pay for them, and make excuses for them.
DDB240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #147
40cal
BANNED

40cal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13fan View Post
I'm asian, so yes beat your kids!

on the same boat.....um ... you know what i mean.

my mom would woop my ass all the time for doing stupid shit when i was growing up. both me and my brother.
i think she was trying to be "Americanized" so she would use a leather belt on us. if we fucked up more than usual she would threaten us with the not so soft side of the belt (the buckle) and if we really, really fucked up, and i think this is why she enrolled us in KENDO,
she would get really japanese on us and chase us with a SHINAI
thats when you start running like a mofo.

.....and we all turned out great so beat your kids mentally and physically.
just dont hurt them.

you are their parent first and foremost be their friend when they need it.
discipline is a beautiful thing.
talking and time outs just dont do the job for most kids. usually white parents do that sort of thing. not being racist or anything but statistically this is true. you can wikipedia this.
asian, mexican, black, indian, europeans, south americans too!

kids cannot be let off the hook too easily when they've done something wrong or been disrespectful. whether they are aware of it or not your job as a parent is to let them see the light and woop them! not beat the crap out of them they are kids. you can wait till they're 18 for that. jk

its difficult to know what is the best way to raise your kids. there is no hand book...... at least not for the non-white parents jk
but just go about it logically.

damn, who would have thought there would be a topic like this on Zilvia
40cal is offline   Reply With Quote