Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Any Questions? comments? criticism both positive or negitive
Interesting project but I have a little bit of criticism, I hope you don't mind...

A BPU Supra motor through an auto trans will definitely make you enough power to get into the 12's but not on those tiny 15x7 wheels... Or maybe not even with that suspension setup... Or what about LSD?...

You've got a monster motor in there but the car isn't setup for anything... Not for drag, not for drifting, and not for roadcourse... From the outside it looks like a cheap 240 buildup with a huge motor that no one knows about...

And at 400WHP, It won't be faster than 240s with SRs and KAs...

That swap you are doing would be great for your girl if you were putting it into an older Lexus with an auto trans but in a 240 it just isn't accomplishing much...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
Interesting project but I have a little bit of criticism, I hope you don't mind...

A BPU Supra motor through an auto trans will definitely make you enough power to get into the 12's but not on those tiny 15x7 wheels... Or maybe not even with that suspension setup... Or what about LSD?...

You've got a monster motor in there but the car isn't setup for anything... Not for drag, not for drifting, and not for roadcourse... From the outside it looks like a cheap 240 buildup with a huge motor that no one knows about...

And at 400WHP, It won't be faster than 240s with SRs and KAs...

That swap you are doing would be great for your girl if you were putting it into an older Lexus with an auto trans but in a 240 it just isn't accomplishing much...
Car does have a VLSD. out of a S13 Silva. i know the wheels are small, but HOPEFULLY with some Drag radials the car will get out of it's own way. And what kind of suspension setup would you reccomend? There is pretty much nothing suspension wise that is stock anymore. From what i heard the Megan coils arn't the best for drag use but they do work. Like i said this isn't a 1 thing only car. It will mostly be used for street use and having fun with other local car people.

and i'm curious as to how you say a 2JZ with a auto trans in a 240sx isn't accomplishing much.

Car is getting stock usdm twins, so they will stay like that for along time. the jdm twins are getting sold.
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #3
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and i'm curious as to how you say a 2JZ with a auto trans in a 240sx isn't accomplishing much.
It won't run any faster than a KA/SR 240 with the same HP... 400HP isn't that difficult...

And those 15x7s won't be able to handle much...
It's like you are spending double the amount of money...

Add it up... It comes out a lot more expensive...

Don't get me wrong, I love that you are making it happen...
But I want you to be fast also...

Why don't you look at the times of auto BPU Supras?... You won't want to...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
lizmo
Leaky Injector

lizmo is making a name for him/her selflizmo is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to lizmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeboy355 View Post
It won't run any faster than a KA/SR 240 with the same HP... 400HP isn't that difficult...

And those 15x7s won't be able to handle much...
It's like you are spending double the amount of money...

Add it up... It comes out a lot more expensive...

Don't get me wrong, I love that you are making it happen...
But I want you to be fast also...

Why don't you look at the times of auto BPU Supras?... You won't want to...
Your right 400HP Vs. 400HP in a S-Chassis is still 400HP doesn't matter what motor it makes it with. The 2JZ got the nod pretty much because they are bulletproof. and i don't have to worry much about shit breaking and nasty lag issues as if i had a big turbo KA or SR. And 400HP is what it will be right now, doesn't mean it won't go up in the future. The 15's i got might actually be 8's Cause when she got the wheels they were on tires already and when i took them off some people think there 8's so we will have to see. i plan on runnin the car on either a 235 or 255 M/T Et street which should be decent to get the power to the ground. And as far as BPU Auto times, there not that far off if not faster then the 6spd Supra's, I've been into the supra scene for quite a while now and stock to stock the auto's run the 1/4 mile faster.

THE FASTEST time all boost on stock twins through an auto is 10.59 @ 130mph

THE FASTEST time all boost on stock twins through a 6spd is 11.01 @ 125.9

so there not THAT slow.
lizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
How's the transmission holding up? What is it from? A soarer

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
So far it's been ok. it's the Aristo A340E, these trans like all autos are really fluid and temp dependant, so make sure the fluid is good and keep it cool and it should be ok, but i do have 2 spares just incase i need one and cant afford a built one at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda671 View Post
Are you doing a Single or stick with the Twin Turbos.
Been single for a long time.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
So far it's been ok. it's the Aristo A340E, these trans like all autos are really fluid and temp dependant, so make sure the fluid is good and keep it cool and it should be ok, but i do have 2 spares just incase i need one and cant afford a built one at the time.
Stock TCU or?