Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
ProjectGarage

Trader Rating: (0)
ProjectGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Seriously?

Tons of people use them. Tons.
You think they are reliable?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #32
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Of course they're reliable. They're an extremely reputable company. Go look them up on different vehicles that they provide injectors for and I doubt you'll hear bad word of mouth about them. I bought there SR injectors and they've worked fine. I've had mine for a year already.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #33
ProjectGarage

Awesome ive only found a couple reviews and some were not so great thats why im checking here too ahaha. (the variety of smilies here kicks ass)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #34
ProjectGarage

Anyone used the Circuit sports or Yamato Garage Side feed rail?

Just trying to find any feedback on them before purchasing one. The main reason im getting it is because i need a new rail and this one will look sexy on my greddy intake manifold, Plus it does not have the extra tabs on it that the stock rail does so will be a lot cleaner!

Any feedback will be appreciated thanks!

Circuit sports

Yamato Garage
Old 10-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #35
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Dude another fucking thread about this shit?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #36
ProjectGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
Dude another fucking thread about this shit?
Yep!

Damnmsglentgth
Old 10-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Stock is more than you will need unless you are looking at 1000cc plus injectors, in which case its time to go top feed.

Fuel lines and intank pump is what is really holding back flow in the S-chassis system.

In that case, I would just cut and re weld larger an fittings on the stock rail.

Otherwise this is just show.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #38
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^ I have a stock rail with exactly what John is calling about. I would sell this to you if you are interested.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #39
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectGarage View Post
Yep!

Damnmsglentgth

noone likes you!!!!

just get whatever catches your eye at this point.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 10-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #40
^fraktal^
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
just give your money to me instead...srsly
Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #41
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Honestly I wouldn't. I would just stick with stock. Stock fits GOOD, DOES NOT LEAK. Why add some custom piece in when you don't need it that might leak? Bead blast and anodize a stock one if you want the bling.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #42
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would sell that one I posted for $60+ shipping to you. It is just sitting in a box waiting to be bought.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 AM   #43
ProjectGarage

Damn what is up with that stock rail? why does it not have the tab on the other side in the middle? Its supposed to have 4 tabs total.. Thats really strange.

Neither do the rails i posted pictures of but i was assuming that was because it is maybe for an s14 or something i hadnt really paid attention to that. But i have to have the tab on the other side with my Greddy fuel rail. Otherwise it will not secure correctly because i have to cut one of the other tabs off already.

Engine is an S13 SR btw.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #44
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Your intelligence astounds me.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #45
ProjectGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
Your intelligence astounds me.
Have you seen a stock s13 sr fuel rail?

Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #46
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Nope never seen one. I can totally see why you want to upgrade to an anodized fuel rail. It completely makes sense.

Seriously pull your head out of your ass. You have no reason to get one. Aside from wanting to waste your money so you can show all your ricer buddies how much you spent on a, useless for you, fuel rail.

Waste the money, but when you realize it was worthless, think of all the ppl who said no.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #47
ProjectGarage

Excuse me? Calm down bud.

Anyways i need to buy a new fuel rail either way so i figured id ask who was running one of these rails to see how it fit, how long they were using it etc.

I know the quality is not going to be as great as OEM (since nothing really is) Since i need a new rail and have to cut one of the tabs off for use with the Greddy intake mani, i figured this one would yield for a cleaner install.

Anyways Back to my last question what is up with the fuel rail that DRFTMARK posted, Note the 3 tabs on it along the bottom portion where is the middle tab that goes on the other side?

The one he posted

The one that looks like mine

Whats up with that? I need one with the single tab on the opposite side since i have to cut one of the bottom tabs off for use with the manifold..

Last edited by ProjectGarage; 10-12-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #48
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
What don't you understand here? 3 threads??
You don't need a aftermarket rail, at all.
Buy a stock one, insert injectors, bolt it down.

No one cares that there's different tabs, there's still two places two bolt it down.
Stop making posts about this.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #49
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This thread fails
I want my 5 mins back
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #50
ProjectGarage

You're right it does fail because nobody cares to put some knowledge into anything whatsoever. I sometimes wonder why i even post questions here. Basically if the rail is only going to be held down in two spots theres a chance it wont sit correctly and will leak.

Last edited by ProjectGarage; 10-12-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #51
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
The only unknowledgeable person in this thread is you.

use this - http://zilvia.net/f/search.php

Do you even know how the rail bolts on/sits in the IM? Do yo ueven understand how a Fuel Injection system works?? Two bolts would most likely be fine, if it's an issue than use the SEARCH button and compare fuel rails.

Not everyone is gonna hold your hand on stupid ass questions, you have a brain to use.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #52
ProjectGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
Honestly I wouldn't. I would just stick with stock. Stock fits GOOD, DOES NOT LEAK. Why add some custom piece in when you don't need it that might leak? Bead blast and anodize a stock one if you want the bling.
This is the only knowledgable post in this entire thread. Thanks John, i felt the same way however i figured if either rail got good feedback i would go with it and stick with side fed injectors forever. Im not looking for huge horsepower numbers but youre absolutely right about the stock one i mean they put tons of testing into it why get anything else.

It does not seem like anyones using either of these rails so i guess that should be answer enough? I would buy the CS one if i trusted their shit more haha.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #53
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
So that post helped you, yet you ignored it long enough to make 4 more posts of bullshit arguing until you finally acknowledged it?

Stop clogging the Tech Section. Find a better way to do research, then just posting anew thread for every little question you come up with.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #54
ProjectGarage

Fuel rail modification for Greddy intake manifold.

I have an S13 SR and im putting my Greddy intake manifold on and doing my mock up right now. I have noticed that when using the manifold with the stock rail you have to cut one of the tabs off of the fuel rail. No problem normally as the stock rail apparently comes with 4 tabs like so.

Well my New fuel rail that i have looks like this here
Already it does not have the tab on the opposing side :squint And i still have to cut one more off of it which will make it look like this giving me only two connecting points. :rolleyes

It will be connecting to the intake manifold in these two spots.

I figured i would post this and see what others think, I can only hope that it will seal tight enough to not cause a vacuum leak or fuel leak. I wanted to double check with everyone here before i put my brand new injectors in the brand new rail before i realize that it wont work and have to basically break the injectors to get them out because side feed injectors are a pita to get out of the rail as we all know. :slap
So what do you think about this? Will it cause a problem? Any other S13 SR owners out there with the same type of setup? I just need some reassurance before i put it all together.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #55
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i did not have to modify my stock fuel rail for my greddy intake manifold install...weird
Old 10-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #56
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
msglngthfubarreddublepost

Daily driven
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #57
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Basically, I don't feel good about that fuel rail you are going to put in

With a stock S13 SR fuel rail, you have to trim the corner off of two of the brackets, but you at least have 3 brackets mounting to the manifold (2 on one side, the ones you circled, plus one on the other side).

Not having ANY bracket on the other side....I agree with you....I feel like it might not seat correctly.....

EDIT: Oh yeah btw, you circled the wrong holes in your diagram....the ones it will mount to are on the bottom of the picture you posted. look at where the brackets are relative to the injectors.

Daily driven
Old 10-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #58
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
Heres the mod I have done on my s13 sr rail to go on my Greddy Manifold

Cut extra tabs off and grinded it smooth

Welded -6an fitting on side adapter same as the one pictured on the first page on the other side.

My Seller's Review Thread
Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #59
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

^ Well, if you got that to work, than that's good, seriously.

But I don't think that the OPs concerns are unfounded.

I could see how the rail might not seat evenly (flatly) into the washers on the manifold if there are only 2 bolts holding it down, and they are both on the same side (nearer the manifold, not the valve cover).

I would think that as you tighten the bolts, it would cause the rail to seat unevenly, so yeah....

Daily driven
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #60
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
I had misplaced the spacers that came with the manifold (goes under the rail).. and without them there the rail wouldnt sit flat and actually lifts the grommets out of place. With the spacers there it sit's as flat as it can. Injector body sits all the way in and flush with the injector grommet. Goin on 2yrs now with no problems at all sorts of boost levels.

My Seller's Review Thread
Closed Thread