Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sr20 ecu shorting (pics)

I need this fixed as soon as possible, and i've researched the issue and figured out the maf wiring is usually the culprit. I bought this car with this same circuit burnt and it was kinda fixed by jumping the circuit with solder (not the best job) and the car fired right up. What I need to stress is EVEN THO THE CAR RAN ON THE PATCHED ECU IT DID NOT RUN NEAR AS GOOD AS IT DID (for a short time) ON AN ECU THAT DID NOT HAVE A BURNT CIRCUIT. I would like to know why.

This ecu which I bought only lasted an hour when one hard bump in the road caused it to short on that same exact circuit. Im going to post pics and if anybody knows id like to find out what it goes too.

Part 2: Im also going to post pics of my maf wiring. Some of which rested up agaisnt the exhaust manifold and got a little crispy. I cut the sheath back and took a picture......my question is DOES THE BARE WIRE WRAPPED AROUND THE MAF WIRING CONTROL ANYTHING?, also I took a pic of the wiring where it looks like someone patched the harness in, and I would like to know if these wire colors are correct.

Thanks in advance for any help.

s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The shielded wire around the mafs signal wire is connected to ground. do not splice it or even a single strand of it with the signal wire or it will cause problems. Your ecu shorted out again because you failed to repair the problem and it appears to be the wiring. Repair the wiring and bolt down the ecu.

b/w=power, white=signal, black=ground
cut all the wires at the shotty connections, and redo them making sure they go to the correct wires/pins on the mafs plug. the plug wires don't appear to be oem and you didn't specify upgrade or aftermarket, so you have to locate the correct pin position with the help of the Timmy or an FSM.

Also I would make sure the repair is good then get a known good ecu. Then test that funky ecu with the new wiring because if it's not completely fried it may bake your mafs... probably not?!

lol that burnt trace is for the fuel pump my bad.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote