Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #61
travisty_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
travisty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My thoughts on Formula v8 aside, Matt's car looks VERY well thought out and put together, and I'm thinking that he will do great with the new setup.
travisty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #62
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yeah after reading that motoiq article he's not doing some half ass drop in swap, these are well thought out modifications to the car and the chassis alike. Should be interesting to see how it does.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #63
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
the only thing i dont get is the fucking door bars
Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #64
satek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
satek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Formula d is nascar sideways.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #65
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
i hate formula d i rather go to an xdc event

Last edited by rat240; 03-18-2011 at 03:31 AM..
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #66
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
i take my pants off more than anyone else though.

thanks for the support. build is coming along. should be a much better setup. the ls7 is cool because of how big the powerband will be. with the ka i had to run a 4.9 final drive to make the car faster, which sucks for wheel speed and makes you have less angle and smoke and grip too.
been working on the car every day, dyno session is next wednesday then tuning after that. there should be another update before then.
im not trying to appeal to car dorks. im not a car dork. if i didnt drift, i would drive a stock wagon or something. drifting is cool, cars are not. deal with it.
Hahahaha, I forgot you were even on here! Glad you don't get offended easy, since I don't mean it to be a personal attack of any kind. Sounds like good times man, have fun!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #67
Fishouse

Trader Rating: (1)
Fishouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
holy wow. who ever wrote that is a moron.

and uh, i guess the car will be competitive... but i dont think theres anything about the car i like anymore. but whatevs, will probably pdium with that set up
Fishouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #68
s14freak93901
Zilvia Member

s14freak93901 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntington19 View Post
bummer...matt powers was the only one without a v8....thanks formula d for welcoming nascar fans with open arms. are you all forgetting where drifting originated from? .....not v8's
ummm..ross has an S15 and it has an SR. matt was one of the only 4cyl to qualify each round.

no one forced them to throw V8's in their car. why be in FD if your not going to be competitive?
s14freak93901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #69
ChaserAero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
ChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChaserAero
Solid post. Good luck to him!

You definitely have to leave behind some homegrown style once you get to the next level, but still the same awesome driver.

ChaserAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #70
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL Japan doesn't have access to V8's?

I agree. XDC might be the only cool "pro" drifting left in the US.

America ruins everything it gets from any culture.

Olive Garden
Russel Brand
Cars
Jaun Pablo Montoya
Top Gear
Illuminati
White Rastafarians (wtflip?)
FantasticVoyages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #71
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRift_g0ddess View Post
YouTube - Amazing Japanese Drift (JZX100 vs B324R vs AE86)
^super sick drifting at its purest. Pushing the limits of a 4 banger while keeping complete control.. pureee skill.
Ummm, the road is "wet down" in the drifting sections, and the 4 banger only drifts a little and barely holds that, never completing a full drift.

I think your video would be a great argument of why to go V8, lmao!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitos View Post
.............. that v8 are being imported to japan.
This has been happening for some time now.

Why dont you all stop crying, and actually talk to Matt.
He already posted in this thread once, lol
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #72
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
He clearly doesn't care what we think. Really he shouldn't. It's taking him places. Most everyone would do what he is doing if faced with it.

But since we aren't we have the luxury to poke at it.

His car was cool because it was so disfunctional but did what it do baby.

FD is Richard Simmons gay though.

I blame Gitten.

lol j/k
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #73
terribleone

terribleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Going v8 is the only way to go when you have to compete against forsberg, gittin and all those super big team with crazy amount of money put into development/cars and parts...
terribleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #74
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I was confused seeing that you started the roll center thread, i thought you wouldve liked this, but you edited.

As stated in the read, yeah sr's rb's etc make enough for the enthusiast who goes drifting but for competition no way is it enough in terms of powerband and reliability.

But as Dori said, at least its LS7. Things a best and a lot better than LS1 and LS2. Pretty much only the charged LS9 and LSA are better.

I dont get why people get butthurt over the fact the the sport is improving for everyone. Including grassroots drivers. The hellaflush shouldnt be associated with the drifting scene since its not functional. People need to realize that if they had a better set up they can be better aswell. Like time attack cars, they dont do stance because it'd hurt their times, in drifting it hurts the predictability of the car. People need to try out road racing or autocrossing just to see that functionality does matter.

Anyways its great to see a good driver that will be able to be competitive now. Good Luck to matt this season.
omg zilvia is maturing and getting awesome who would have thought fuck yeaaaa

hellaflush is lame ya sue me.... but im glad people are waking up
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #75
dRift_g0ddess
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
dRift_g0ddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Ummm, the road is "wet down" in the drifting sections, and the 4 banger only drifts a little and barely holds that, never completing a full drift.

I think your video would be a great argument of why to go V8, lmao!!!!!!
Lol you do realize this is only a test vid by the three best drifters of Japan right? To me it seems a little more complicated than just smashing the gas pedal on the bank of a nascar track.. just sayin. I may be wrong but I don't think they're aiming for billowing smoke and 100mph :/
But whatever, FD needs to make money somehow..and they know Americans will pay to watch this bullshit..

idk in the end it all comes down to a matter of personal opinion.. v8's in imports are a disgrace. Some will agree and some won't, that's just the way it is.

Kudos to Matt for making it further than any of us & good luck to him!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #76
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Actually, since it is a test, I'm assuming they would beat the shit out of those cars. Looks like a clip from a Hot Version DVD. You can see Tsuchia obviously struggling in his own car. It takes skill to drive a high hp car as well. It isn't as simple as just laying down the throttle. Its not like the car will just drive itself.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #77
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRift_g0ddess View Post

idk in the end it all comes down to a matter of personal opinion.. v8's in imports are a disgrace. Some will agree and some won't, that's just the way it is.
Lol, you do realize that a lot of "imports" come with a v8 stock right? Just because it's from Japan doesn't mean it has to have a 4 banger or 6 cylinder.

There is nothing wrong with liking the 4 cylinder motors (I have a built SR myself), but saying that v8s are retarded and a disgrace is just stupid and immature.

Formula D started out running the same kind of cars as "over the pond", but after the game was stepped up, you needed the power band of the LS series v8s (best GM motor made period) to be competitive.

That's just the nature of motorsports. When one team makes a breakthrough in performance, everyone follows suite. Just like AWD with Audi in the WRC. At first, you know everyone was complaining that AWD was cheating, and only real men drove 2WD blah blah blah. Now almost every car in the WRC is AWD.

Drifting will evolve to stay in the spotlight, get over it.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #78
Future_gohan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Future_gohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I really don't care about what motors they have, they're cars should just look cool and the drivers should drive good.

Who cares what motor is in it, I'm just sayin' none of they're cars are pleasing to the eyes.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #79
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14freak93901 View Post
ummm..ross has an S15 and it has an SR. matt was one of the only 4cyl to qualify each round.

no one forced them to throw V8's in their car. why be in FD if your not going to be competitive?

Well from what I've read he's going V8 as well so.....
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #80
dRift_g0ddess
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
dRift_g0ddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapS13 View Post
Lol, you do realize that a lot of "imports" come with a v8 stock right? Just because it's from Japan doesn't mean it has to have a 4 banger or 6 cylinder.
Haha this is silly..you know what I mean. I never said v8's are retarded or a disgrace :P I even said they're awesome a few posts back.. I would never take out my KA and put in a v8 but like I said it's all personal opinion.
Zilvia makes me lol
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #81
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
omg zilvia is maturing and getting awesome who would have thought fuck yeaaaa

hellaflush is lame ya sue me.... but im glad people are waking up

Oh hey Canada, what you know about cool?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #82
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #83
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i wonder when teams are going to start going with the "keep it simple, stupid" scheme.

all the shit looks like nascar graphics lol
Old 03-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #84
turdferguson13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
turdferguson13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The haters crack me up. Gotta stay competive, this isn't grassroots.
turdferguson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #85
Waffles

Waffles is an unknown quantity at this point
Im pretty sure if anyone here had the same opportunities matt has had to eventually compete in fd with sponsorships and etc, they would. So if your just gunna talk shit about him because he did,

Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #86
jt1583
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jt1583 is making a name for him/her selfjt1583 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is that the gentleman also known as sdtouge?
jt1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #87
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
I have the driftworks knuckles (have yet to install)... they are almost the exact same weight as stock knuckles.
Thats a drag. I hoped they were at least as light as the aluminum Z32 uprights. Oh well. Still want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishouse View Post
holy wow. who ever wrote that is a moron.

and uh, i guess the car will be competitive... but i dont think theres anything about the car i like anymore. but whatevs, will probably pdium with that set up
Just for clarification... Are you calling the guy who wrote the MotoIQ article, Mike Kojima, a moron?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #88
X2daC
Leaky Injector

X2daC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to X2daC
Quote:
Pretty much only the charged LS9 and LSA are better.
Just to share a little knowledge bud, the LS9 is actually an LS3 with a Roots blower and dry sump oiling system. Not a single difference besides those two.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #89
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Well...he did write "Hella Functional"...

Great Success wished for you Matt. If you did that good with a KA Boom you will do amazing with a LSX.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #90
huntington19
Leaky Injector

huntington19 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's gone beyond being competitive.. yeah sure....any v8 with the right suspension can get sideways. hell a dumb civic could too.. with enough power. the point i think some people are missing is the authenticity of drifting..the art of doing it in a slow as fuck corolla and doing it well. what's gonna happen to all the underdogs when they don't have the cash to put some white trash nascar motor in their japanese car... in the new formula d world theyre screwed. hats off to the guys who left D1GP for that exact reason. let's get back to the original... i respect all the guys that are actually competing and are somewhat being pushed towards v8's...i just wish mustangs..camaros...and all those cars that should stay on the drags would butt out and leave drifting to the japanese cars. the amazing part about drifting was that you didn't need all the ridiculous power.. you need skill. just sad to see the rollas not competing.
Underdogs FTW
huntington19 is offline   Reply With Quote