Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Underdrive Pulley with AC

I recently found my old forgotten Unorthodox KA pulley set when I was cleaning out my shed and was going to throw it on for nostalgia, but I'm old and like my comforts now so I'm concerned that it'll lower my AC output to unacceptable levels. Does anyone on here have experience running an underdrive pulley with AC that can tell me how much it lowered the output? I was still in high school/early college last time I ran these pulleys on a car and didn't have or care about AC back then.

Obviously, these aren't going to do much/anything power wise, but they'll look pretty in my bay and I wouldn't mind the tiny bit of extra response they provide. The AC in my car works really well so I'm thinking I should be ok if the pulleys only slightly lower the output, but I would like to hear from someone with actual experience before I throw them on.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Updating this in case anyone has a similar question and searches this thread. I installed the pulley the other day since I had the fan shroud out to change a leaky water pump. The AC output dropped a bit at idle, but not by a significant amount and I don't notice any drop in output when the car is moving. Also if anyone needs the part numbers for the belts needed to run the Unorthodox pulley here they are:

Alternator- 5040285
Power Steering- 5030385
AC- 5040340

These are Dayco part numbers, but if you give them to the guy at the parts counter he should be able to cross reference them with whatever brand the store stocks.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wish more people would take the extra time to report results. Thanks for closing the loop man.

Mike