Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #1801
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yeah but that's not saying much. While Damon's bay is nicer than most on Zilvia, it's average at best compared to most other manufacturer forums. Most Subaru, Honda, Toyota owners etc. wouldn't be caught dead with the bays represented on Zilvia. Like I said, there isn't much expectation on Zilvia for a nice looking bay. I'm happy Damon is not content with his!
Keep Subaru owners out of that lolz, they're bays are always gross Honda bays though...now we're talking, VW too.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #1802
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Keep Subaru owners out of that lolz, they're bays are always gross Honda bays though...now we're talking, VW too.
You are confusing cleanliness with clutter... I'm talking about cleanliness. Most 240 bays are just nasty dirty, stained etc.

My old STi bay for reference:

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photo...MG_3092-vi.jpg

Sure there is stuff everywhere, that's just how a flat-4 is. But it's clean as hell, always. You can tuck a Subaru bay, but they look kind of funny.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #1803
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Flat 4 is just such an ugly engine IMO.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #1804
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Flat 4 is just such an ugly engine IMO.
You can't argue with that logic!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #1805
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I'm with Tob on this one- I have some parts that I think are cool in my bay, but it's just not very clean overall. Small things like fresh paint, tucking the fuse boxes/battery/overflow/power steering/brake lines should make a huge difference in how I feel about my bay. It won't be a crazy shaved Honda bay or completely tucked/insane, but it should be really clean in the end. I just want to be able to pop my hood at an event without being embarrassed- that's what the exterior paint is for! lol.

I actually got a free night to myself last night to spend in the garage. I removed the fenders, front bumper, headlights, crash beam, and headlight motors. After that, I started to pull the factory shielding from the chassis harness in the fender areas and label what the plugs are for. I've decided to commit to tucking the fuse boxes behind the dash, even though it kind of scares the crap out of me. I think if I take my time and only do a few wires at a time, I should hopefully be able to sort it all out.

I decided to pull a Broadfield and move half of my car into my basement, lol. There's a kittah in there somewhere:

I haven't gone crazy with teardown yet because I still sort of want to test another alternator to make sure I have that fixed before I pull the motor and go really crazy on it. No sense in trying to tackle something like this without everything working properly first- should help with troubleshooting down the road.

And Toby- thanks for the heads up man. At the very least, I am planning to run braided lines for the valve cover stuff. I can't really go buck wild on my bay with that stuff like your car because of cost restraints, but I would like to at least lose the gross heater hoses on the valve cover. I'm going to see if you can help me piece the materials together for the battery relocation and help me with that process a bit as well, since I know you are planning to do the same thing this winter. Thanks man!

I also got my S13 BLUE TINT Ganadors from Dewey at JDMHookup.com a couple nights ago. My previous mirrors were standard glass and for the S15, so they never fit correctly. After finding these for sale and seeing Kyle's in person, I had to have them. It used to bother me every time I looked at the car that they didn't fit perfectly.

Much better!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #1806
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Lucky bugger, you and your blue tint...I'm jelly...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #1807
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
deweys the mang!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #1808
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking forward to seeing what you do in the bay, One of my favorite 240s...

Can't go wrong with Bro-field in your corner!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #1809
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Spared no expense!

Let's meet up one day. Can u let me do a burnout in this thing?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #1810
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
get it done buddy! hope to see you at an event next year
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #1811
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
deweys the mang!
Dewey is the shizzle!!!!

He always has what no one else has...
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #1812
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
Let's meet up one day. Can u let me do a burnout in this thing?
Yes, let's. Max has first dibs on burnout, lol.

If you read the blog you have already seen this, but I thought I would drop it here as well:

It has been three years today since I bought the car- pretty wild how fast time goes by. I can’t believe how much fun I have had with this project and how much I have learned. Truly an awesome platform to build and learn on. I think I have put about 30,000 miles on the car since I bought it- almost 14,000 of those coming from this summer. Thankfully, it seems to be getting a bit more reliable every season, haha.

I thought it might be fun to take some current pics of the car as it sits today and compare them with the photos from the day I bought the car. Since I have already started tearing it down for the engine bay rebuild this winter, I took these shots on Tuesday of this week. You’ll also notice that the Ganadors, door panels, and DMax mats are missing from the shots. Sadly, I was in between mirrors (got S13 specific blue-tint Ganadors now), door panels (switching to red Bride fabric), and mats (switching to black/red DMAX) at the time I took the shots. I still thought it would be cool to look at though. Enjoy!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #1813
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Awesome to see the before and after shots

I can't remember, did you repaint, i know you had some things painted, but did you have the main chassis painted?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #1814
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Sadly I have not been able to have the whole car painted. I have had the aero, hatch, front and rear bumpers, and front fenders painted. Most of it was done fairly poorly though, so it really sucks lol. There are a lot of areas that need attention, but a full respray just isn't in the cards at the moment.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #1815
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Well, it looks a hell of a lot better than when you got it and to think there was no spray, just attention ...

Show you can do a lot with the paint on your car without a respray
Old 11-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #1816
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Wow, the car does look a lot better in the before and after pics. My 21 yr old paint has seen better days too. I need a full re-spray as seen...and I just realized I've not taken any pics of my car with the new wheels. I just dropped it at the tuner today though for NIStune, so it'll be a couple weeks before I get it back. I too need to address my engine bay. It looks bad
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #1817
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
I wish i had a basement
Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #1818
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
I wish i had a basement
I wished I lived where it didn't get down to -15 in the winter.

With kids, it would be damn near impossible to live in a house without a basement... there is just too much stuff. Either that or one of the spare bedrooms would have to be a storage room.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #1819
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just went through this whole build tonight...love it, car is sick man. i wouldnt have put a spoiler on but thats just me regardless a clean ass car!!
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #1820
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I wished I lived where it didn't get down to -15 in the winter.

With kids, it would be damn near impossible to live in a house without a basement... there is just too much stuff. Either that or one of the spare bedrooms would have to be a storage room.
Yeah kinda right on that one, I can drive my car all year round the coldest it gets out here is about 50 Degrees at its worst with no snow
Old 11-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #1821
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I was going to ask whats new with the car, ganadors. YUP! Shit is mcdonalds dude, I'm lovin it!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #1822
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Nice work Damon, car is looking better and better!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #1823
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Yeah it snowed here in idaho today,car wont leave the shop tell late April or May now
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #1824
JdmDrift4Food
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
JdmDrift4Food is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^ Ben whats your plans for the car this winter? Btw, awesome build. Car looks amazing.
JdmDrift4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 AM   #1825
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Jeez I still remember talking to my cousin about this car. He said, "Hey that guy from Xceed Speed with the Camry bought a 240sx from some Laotian guy I know."

I knew from your Camry that this car would be sick. Good job man.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #1826
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yes, let's. Max has first dibs on burnout, lol.
before and after pix
this was an incredible post. well played!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #1827
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Jeez I still remember talking to my cousin about this car. He said, "Hey that guy from Xceed Speed with the Camry bought a 240sx from some Laotian guy I know."

I knew from your Camry that this car would be sick. Good job man.
haha, thanks man. It's a small world for sure!

I don't have any pics since I didn't accomplish a lot over the weekend, but I did pull the front half of the cage and some interior panels in preparation for removing the dash. I also finished removing all of the factory tape/shielding from the chassis harness.

I am sort of at a standstill now until I get a replacement alternator to make sure that problem is solved before I pull the motor. I've found a shop that can source remanufactured SR20 alternators for $220- or it sounds like I can modify a KA one for $100. I haven't decided which route to go yet, but as soon as I sort that out I will start pulling the motor and ordering some goodies.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #1828
t3hmobster

t3hmobster is an unknown quantity at this point
man just read all 61 pages of your build thread and this s13 truly is amazing, I love the attention you put into detail and not half assing anything. Gives me inspiration for my build =] keep up the good work can't wait too see more
t3hmobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #1829
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
haha, thanks man. It's a small world for sure!

I don't have any pics since I didn't accomplish a lot over the weekend, but I did pull the front half of the cage and some interior panels in preparation for removing the dash. I also finished removing all of the factory tape/shielding from the chassis harness.

I am sort of at a standstill now until I get a replacement alternator to make sure that problem is solved before I pull the motor. I've found a shop that can source remanufactured SR20 alternators for $220- or it sounds like I can modify a KA one for $100. I haven't decided which route to go yet, but as soon as I sort that out I will start pulling the motor and ordering some goodies.
just find an old KA one, get it rebuilt and swap your sr pulley onto it. the only modification needed is the pulley swap and you have to drill one hole a bit bigger. i used a s13 KA24DE alt on my s13 blacktop and its been working for a few thousand miles so far, its good.
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #1830
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks man, that's what I have read as well. I am picking up a remanufactured KA one from AutoZone after work today and tossing that on the car- then I can really get to work!

CamryOnBronze.com