Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #12661
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hahaha just saw this on the gram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #12662
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
https://www.supercars.net/blog/2021-...-at-full-spec/

The 2.0 is for the more tax burden and emission controlled parts of the world. That cost difference be comes a canyon when you include annual registration fees, congestion tolls and $3/litre of premium petrol.
they basically reselling a z4 to them.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #12663
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ct5v seems like a nice package the prioritizes driving dynamics. naming scheme is terrible given its closer to the cts v sport

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

looking forward to seeing how the lighter and cheaper $45k ct4v does
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #12664
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Apparently Nissan just wants to go out of business.

https://youtu.be/1hh6dT3ffGA
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #12665
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
what the fuck did i just watch Corbic?!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:35 AM   #12666
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Apparently Nissan just wants to go out of business.

https://youtu.be/1hh6dT3ffGA

Cool, now my decision to buy a new 4Runner instead of a new Nissan truck is basically made for me.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #12667
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Brie is smash material but that car sucks.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #12668
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
That video was p.Fuckn stupid... but so are all the dipshits commenting apparently.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #12669
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
lol almost 8k dislike and 453 likes.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #12670
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Well they’re making one right decision apparently. GTFO of the Renault/Mitsu partnership.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/10/...-venture-fund/
Old 03-11-2020, 05:23 AM   #12671
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

OT but turned in the Mazda and grew our Volvo family (since were expecting baby#4). Just got the Momentum T6 with every options except the B&O stereo. The kids are just too hard on these family haulers to spend $70k on an Inscription or R. I did get the new 21”s though. Got it Friday, proceeded to drive it down to Nashville and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #12672
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
why not get something like a v90 wagon? does the cargo capicity increase substantially in a suv compared to a larger station wagon.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #12673
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
why not get something like a v90 wagon? does the cargo capicity increase substantially in a suv compared to a larger station wagon.
Third row. I have 3 kids and one on the way. You can’t fit 3 booster seats across a single row in any car (trust me I went dealer to dealer measuring 2 years ago), let alone 3 boosters and a whole car seat come June. And also yes the cargo capacity increases a lot. I also use my bigger suv as my grip vehicle and every single inch counts. With the back row of seats down The V90 has around 57 cubic feet compared to the XC90’s 85.7!! So yes indeed significant. But again I might be able to live with that but can’t change the seating situation.

I have a 19 XC40 R which will be turned in for a V60 (wagon) R Design in December.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #12674
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
CarScoops : Nissan Trademarks New Brand and Z Sports Car Logos

This is interesting.

Not the brand logo change, I am not fond. The Z throwback logo however... I can get behind that movement. Especially if the rumored facelift is more of an old school Z look. Yes, please.

I was more curious if the updated Z logo was insinuating a Z sub-brand, which would be fantastic. Please give us the IDX. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #12675
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
the Z throwback logo better reflect the old schoolness of the car they are going to present

and 400z is STUPID! if they labeled it "300Z" given the engine size, that will bring A LOT more recognition to the car they are trying to sell given you ask someone "hey you know the 300z" and they immediately know what youre talking about versus "hey you know the 350z/370z" and they just kinda go "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Old 03-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #12676
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the Z throwback logo better reflect the old schoolness of the car they are going to present

and 400z is STUPID! if they labeled it "300Z" given the engine size, that will bring A LOT more recognition to the car they are trying to sell given you ask someone "hey you know the 300z" and they immediately know what youre talking about versus "hey you know the 350z/370z" and they just kinda go "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Old 03-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #12677
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

100% on all accounts here.

I am really hoping Nissan realizes how huge the hype behind the IDX was and utilizes some design. In the carscoop article about the next Z (linked on that page), they mentioned a 240z inspired front, 300z inspired rear - but the overall "shape" will not change much. Also article says they have heard it will be offered in a 9 speed auto and 6 speed manual (yes... PLEASE!)

Now - IMO, that sounds darn good - my only caveat is that I truly hope they make the body smaller. The 370z and GT-R are far too bloated. It needs to be smaller. If they accomplish that... man, it could really earn some trust back from the Nissan sport car enthusiast. Especially if the car can get low 30k (wishful thinking, I know).
Old 03-20-2020, 10:10 PM   #12678
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i get the feeling with Ghosn gone, Nisasn has REALLY started to consider its heritage once again given their new patent NISSAN logo design, plus the Z logo design are speaking to me as a designer as "we are shedding our old ways and start anew". the design language of BOTH speak to me as they are trying to get back in touch with their roots and get rid of their past 20 years of Ghosns reign. if their new corporate logo says anything, its a HUGE change over the bloated logo from the past... and their new Z logo really puts forth complete heritage. hell, even what theyre doing with the current gen Skyline in changing its fascia appearance to match the GTR speaks worlds in trying to realign design language and heritage!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #12679
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

also one other major thing referring the manual rumor u mentioned... the new 3.0L twin turbo has a "manual" setting in its ECM... this was documented in a video on YT from a shop converting a Q50 from auto to manual. its literally a "switch" setting in the ECM that can be flipped which changes the entire ECM programming over! so high hopes that nissan DOES include a manual in the new Z given it can be utilized by using factory 350/370z trans parts and sensors!

Old 03-20-2020, 11:11 PM   #12680
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
COVID-19 will likely just put Nissan out of business at this point.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #12681
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

wouldn't be surprised if a lot more, if not most manufacturers go out of business without bailouts.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #12682
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I agree. If Nissan makes it out of this resembling anything that it was before this I will be shocked.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #12683
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't think the Z can be made smaller while still having a V6.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #12684
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
The Z is small enough. It just needs more power.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #12685
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I don't think the Z can be made smaller while still having a V6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
The Z is small enough. It just needs more power.
Maybe "small" isn't the right term. It's too bulbous. The wheelbase isn't the issue as much as the darn bulbous ballooned up look is.

The new Supra is v6 and has better overall shape for a sport car (though I am not a huge fan of the car aesthetically yet). The GT86 can fit a 2j just fine, even if it comes with a 4 cyl.

Darn, throw in a 4 CYL turbo if it keeps it down, just have to loose that recent Nissan balloon look.

None the less, definitely excited to see a change.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #12686
Future240
Future Moderator

Ohh yea that I agree.

It needs to be a 2+2.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #12687
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I agree as well. I’d like to see it have a leaner and longer look. I like both the z33 and z34 but they are rounded and bulbous. There are a bunch of really cool renders I come across on IG that really talented artists come up with.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #12688
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dont get me wrong, i love a thicc booty, but the current Z is just the wrong kind of thicc...

Old 03-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #12689
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
The new Supra is v6 and has better overall shape for a sport car..
You mean inline 6?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:28 PM   #12690
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Glad someone else caught it.

Supra is no V6
future is offline   Reply With Quote