Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
z33_meister

Trader Rating: (0)
z33_meister is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drifting in Hong Kong

Hi, I know this section is for Japan. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any drifting that goes on in Hong Kong. I just moved here a week ago and wanted to check out the car scene here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
z33_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think if there are any drifting going on, it'll be either on the streets, or the tracks in mainland, as I don't remember there being any tracks in HK.

Sorry I can't be of better help, since the last time I've been back there it was 2000, and when I grew up there I don't remember there being any tracks in HK anywhere.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
that's a completely different country?
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
lol Hong Kong = China
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TwItCh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwItCh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
lol Hong Kong = China

lol that was the same exact thing i was thinkin when i saw this thread
TwItCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
Thank you Amurikan Edukazyion...

Want another secret? North Korea is north of South Korea...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
macau has a track. look it up. about 2 hours away?
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
They go to Zhuhai, China, for the race track there. That's the nearest one in the Pearl delta area.
'97 S14 SE Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Zhuhai is probably the closest track. Was out there 2 months ago for the Pan Delta Race. The drift scene isnt big out there yet, but they do have a skid pad which they dont charge you to get on, but the ZIC race track is a Tax zone so its pretty hard for your car to get in if its not registered in china.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33_meister View Post
Hi, I know this section is for Japan. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any drifting that goes on in Hong Kong. I just moved here a week ago and wanted to check out the car scene here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
late nights and why not ask the local shops there, those guys are some really big time ballers there.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #11
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by z33_meister View Post
Bringing this back from the dead!
Z33_meister - are you still in HK and have you found any events or groups? Would love to hear about them if you have... Need my track time desperately...
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
boost
Zilvia Member

boost is on a distinguished road
I didn't look for events last year but the year before they were doing parking lot events that were covered in their version of option magazine or hot machine.
boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
I fly through Hong Kong and go to Shenzhen every couple months on business. I would love to find any shops that might have stuff you can't find in the USA, but north of Hong Kong the 240 stuff is non-existent.

I have had a couple of my business contacts visit the US and I have given them a ride in my 240, and they are astounded. I have never seen a 240, 300z, 350 or 370 in China. I once saw a GTR from HK in Shenzhen, and it was wrapped in carbon.

I am going again in late April...
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #14
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
macau has a track. look it up. about 2 hours away?
That track uses some of the actual streets iirc from when I was there for the Macau GP. So, not sure if that's really an option all the time.
Found a picture I took that kind of shows what I'm talking about:

How easy is it to get a car into one of the other SAR's? I had to go through customs after taking the ferry there from Hong Kong.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #15
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
GTRs are now a dime a dozen in China. You're seeing Z34s as well, but ZERO S-chassis and pre-R35 GTRs.

suppose I best start stocking up on those terrible local car mags to find out how to get into events...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
I fly through Hong Kong and go to Shenzhen every couple months on business. I would love to find any shops that might have stuff you can't find in the USA, but north of Hong Kong the 240 stuff is non-existent.

I have had a couple of my business contacts visit the US and I have given them a ride in my 240, and they are astounded. I have never seen a 240, 300z, 350 or 370 in China. I once saw a GTR from HK in Shenzhen, and it was wrapped in carbon.

I am going again in late April...
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
There are a couple R34/180sx in China...you just gotta know where to look

very rare
Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #17
daniellluquin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
daniellluquin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So many skylines and crazy whips in HK I was out there for 3 months hanging around Tsim sha Tsui area a few r34s but I seen about 6 newer GTRs and 2 gt3 porches never seen a 240 lol heres some pics I snapped but im sure theres some action in the streets

daniellluquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #18
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
are they that poor over there?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #19
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
It is so expensive to live in hong kong that you have to be a millinioare to own a sincle square meter of space. I heard on my last visit that there is a 5month waiting list for new Cayennes, and panameras are over 5x the cost they are in the US.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #20
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yea, for over $1 million US you get to own the equivalent of a small condo type house you would be able to buy in the US.

When I was there about 10 years ago, all I saw were either very nice expensive exotic type cars or wagon/minivan people transport taxi type cars.

My guess was that owning a car there must be SUPER expensive, so if you have the money to own a car at all you either go big or you go home because otherwise there would be no point to own a car AND if you own a minivan taxi-type car it’s because that’s how you make your living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lots of fast cars but not any racing. You can hop on the ferry to Macau for the grand prix in november.( pretty cool event in a city course) the only drifting I have seen was in mainland and a d1 exhibition at the HK conference center by the airport. For any event make sure to get tickets well in advance because they sell out fast.

owning a new car is expensive, second hand cars are really cheap, the problem is figuring out where to park it ( thats not going to cost as much as the car).
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote