Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
strange problem, wont start.

i posted something about this a while back but didnt get any answers.

ok, i have a sr swapped 240sx (i did not perform the swap) with a few bolt-ons. i did a wiretuck by extending the wires to the injectors, the throttle position sensor, temp sensor (right next to the throttle position sensor plug), the camshaft angle sensor and the radiator temp sensor.

all the arrows point to places i extended wires. i used 16 guage wire and all the connections are soldered and taped. the engine looks a bit messy since ive been taking apart my wiring to check for errors.

after my wiring the car started fine but a few days later it wouldnt start when the engine was hot. i had to wait at least 30min to start it after running. then i changed the oil and the oil filter using a greddy air filter and casterol syntec 5w-30 oil. now it wont start at all, it cranks but doesnt turn over.

any suggestions, ideas or insight woul help greatly.
.jrmyrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Not sure about it not starting, but the warming up then not starting issue is usually due to a loose/disconnected coolant temp sensor.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
someone else told me that, but now that it wont start at all its probably something else.

i ahve 2 theorys now, 1 the alarm system could be keeping it from starting (happened to 2 friends) and 2 there could be aproblem with the ecu
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
garbury
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
garbury is making a name for him/her selfgarbury is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cts for your warm start issues. You may have dumped too much fuel and flooded the motor which you can just pull the fuel pump fuse and crank a little while and it should start and sputter out of gas if it is flooded. If not, check your cas wiring for continuity all the way back to the ecu. Just get a multi and a pinout and go for it.

I also noticed that my car has issues staying alive when the tps is unplugged, so I would do a basic continuity check (sensor grounds as well) on all of the sensors starting with cas and then tps.

If you think its your ecu, you may have fried it rewiring this stuff if you shorted anything. if you are down there with the ecu out to check for continuity on the harness, trace the leads from pin 36 and see if its toasted. If not, a brief inspection of all other 12v leads should give you an idea if its ecu related.
garbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

thanks garbury, this should help a lot.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

i pulled the first spark plug out and cranked the engine and there was no spark. am i testing it wrong or are the spark plugs not firing? if the spark plugs aren't firing then what is the problem, i didnt touch any of their wires?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Spark plugs maybe fouled, try buy some cheap ones and check it out.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

i have an extra set so i put one of them in and it didnt fire either.

could i have fried the ECU or coul it still be the alarm system?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

*nevermind*

the ECU gives me 55 - Other Malfunction. CONSULT Terminal Required

EDIT: if i buy a USB CONSULT cord with Nissan Data Scan and datalog viewer off ebay would i be able to figure out what the problem is? would this thing be useful for later modifications and stuff?

Last edited by .jrmyrmx; 07-12-2008 at 04:27 PM..