Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #841
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
My semi tuck

Still have a long way to go
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #842
s13beast

Trader Rating: (1)
s13beast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I can haz in?
s13beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #843
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Didn't really know where to post this question other than here.

When you guys are relocating your fusebox to the glovebox (s13) or where the airbag was (s14), what are you doing with your fuse box power wires that plug into the lower tranny harness and the EFI plugs?
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #844
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
The fusebox will still need battery power, no matter where it is. As far as "EFI Plugs", do you mean the S13's plugs to the engine harness? For S13 just turn them around and run them back into the passenger footwell area. For S14, that stuff all changes, but you're still passing all the power/triggers through the M63/F3 plug anyway.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #845
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
chassis harness is tucked

C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #846
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
The fusebox will still need battery power, no matter where it is. As far as "EFI Plugs", do you mean the S13's plugs to the engine harness? For S13 just turn them around and run them back into the passenger footwell area. For S14, that stuff all changes, but you're still passing all the power/triggers through the M63/F3 plug anyway.
Yeah I know it needs battery power. I'm talking about the 3 connectors that usually plug into the fuse box on S13's that are part of the lower transmission harness. Just cut and extend or what?

And yeah I meant the plugs that go to the engine harness. The brown one and gray one.

Thanks
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #847
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
You still need to connect to the trans harness, although you can change the alternator and starter solenoid wiring if you want to get fancy and lose those two useless connectors.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #848
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What wire do you guys recommend to extend the injector wires? I'm trying to run the harness through the manifold. Will I have to extend anything else?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #849
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
same gauge as stock wire. I forgot size I recently did mine. I also extended the CAS and MAF at the same time, ran the maf behind the motor. you might have to extend the cas
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #850
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
same gauge as stock wire. I forgot size I recently did mine. I also extended the CAS and MAF at the same time, ran the maf behind the motor. you might have to extend the cas
I'm having trouble finding the size, and any idea on how long to extend the wires?
Old 12-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #851
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo167 View Post
I'm having trouble finding the size, and any idea on how long to extend the wires?
Depends on the engine, KA is different than S13 SR, which is different than S14/S15 SR. RB's it depends on which manifold you're using.

20ga wire is fine, stock is 18ga for injectors.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #852
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Depends on the engine, KA is different than S13 SR, which is different than S14/S15 SR. RB's it depends on which manifold you're using.

20ga wire is fine, stock is 18ga for injectors.
Stock KA24DE
Old 12-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #853
drft-s12
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
drft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
drft-s12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #854
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
EvoVIII808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvoVIII808 Send a message via Yahoo to EvoVIII808
im not the best at reading wire schematics but looking at the FSM (EL-21) can i remove the 4 Retract Relays and get rid of all that wiring that runs to them. I have a Silvia front and really want to clean up the main harness going across the front end.
I have already removed the plugs/wire for the headlight motors.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #855
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo167 View Post
Stock KA24DE
I think the overall length from under the manifold to the injector is about 7" on my KA stuff. Easy enough to measure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoVIII808 View Post
im not the best at reading wire schematics but looking at the FSM (EL-21) can i remove the 4 Retract Relays and get rid of all that wiring that runs to them. I have a Silvia front and really want to clean up the main harness going across the front end.
I have already removed the plugs/wire for the headlight motors.
Yup, can def lose the headlight/retract relays when you go Silvia front.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #856
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Alright. Thanks a bunch. This is going to git rid of a lot of useless wires.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #857
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Started my full tuck.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #858
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13beast View Post

I can haz in?
i like the way it looks simple. what parts should i remove and tuck something around the bay? semi wire tuck.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #859
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Besides the engine harness, the chassis harness/fusebox/relay box and battery are the big ones.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #860
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoVIII808 View Post
Started my full tuck.
You're going to wrap these...right?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #861
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Yup, they are wrapped. Been doing bit by bit and placing things where I want them as I go. Tomorrow it will be complete. Only thing on the sides now are headlight wires. Harness ran across the dash and over to glove box. Lower engine harness comes through the tranny tunnel. Not as clean as the others I have seen, but it gets the job done.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #862
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Excuse the not painted-ness... this is my engine harness. the chassis comes out on the sides just like EVOVIII808 did. this is also before i built the new core support and lower rad support..

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #863
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Would this hidden under the radiator support be sufficient for cooling an SR?
Griffin Aluminum Drag Race Radiators 2-55185-XC - SummitRacing.com

I would go with the radiator option that uses an in-line filler neck, but other than that it would be identical to the kit above.

Another shroud option is this one made by Flex-a-lite.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #864
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Saved these pictures from members on here, but I do not recall who they are.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #865
Matt.
BANNED

Matt. is an unknown quantity at this point
some cool stuff here getting ideas
Matt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #866
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Yeah that'll do fine, especially if it's ducted from the bumper inlet to the radiator.

Tek18b_Jimmy, your engine harness looks solid, but is that white heat shrink at the ends of your FR braided loom just normal polyolefin stuff, or adhesive-lined? That loom will pull out of the heat shrink over time with vibration if you didn't use adhesive heat shrink.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #867
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Thanks GSXRJJORDAN- unfortunatly i didnt know about the sticky shrink tube in white when i did it. so i electrical taped the ends of the loom to the wire clusters, then used heat shrink on it. if need be, i will find the sticky kind of white heat shrink and de-pin at the connectors and try again.

i did pull on the loom and it didn't really want to pull through the heat shrink.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #868
the.SHOP

the.SHOP is an unknown quantity at this point

the.SHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #869
sr20detconv
Zilvia Member

sr20detconv is making a name for him/her selfsr20detconv is making a name for him/her selfsr20detconv is making a name for him/her self
Mine

From this:

to this:

To finaly this:
sr20detconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #870
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews