Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
I'maDoMe

Trader Rating: (0)
I'maDoMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I'maDoMe Send a message via MSN to I'maDoMe
Who owns an s12?

I am still kinda new to the site so i don't know if this was a topic or not but who on here owns an s12? I want one sooo bad i don't know why either. They just appeal so....i don't know i just want one. I am not trying to buy one right now i just want to know who on here owns one.
I'maDoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
I think like 2 guys on this entire forum do.

Go here. http://www.club-s12.org/

There cool little cars, but after market sucks for the chassis/suspension.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
I'maDoMe

Damn thats all lol alright thanks.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #4
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
i got one..club s-12 is your best bet...but yea..there is ZERO aftermarket support.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There are more than two.

Henry has one and it looks nice.

A few other guys do. I just don't remember their names/SN's.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #6
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Haha, thanks Mel. I have one and yeah, the s12 is sort of an enigma as it was never really popular and aftermarket for it is practically nonexistent. Club-s12 is the best place to find info, it's probably the best s12 forum (and even then info is hard to find and people barely post). My advice would be to go there and seek the info you need if you're really interested, and know what you are getting into if you plan on getting one. If you like it just for looks, corollas look similar, have a TON of aftermarket, and info is everywhere.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I've always wondered why the S12 never became as popular as the AE86. Doesn't the S12 even have multi-link suspension?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 AM   #8
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
early models had solid rear ends, while the later models had independent rear suspension. if im wrong yarou please correct me
Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
yarou
Zilvia Addict

yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Yeah, 84 ca20e models have solid rear ends while 84 ca18et models, and all models between 85-88 have independent rears which makes use of (GAY GAY) trailing arms.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I've owned a couple. Fun little cars. I offered up the aftermarket support, but neigh but a few s12 owners can rub two pennies together. Which sucks.

Engine: Anything that will go into an S13.

Suspension:
Front S13 Coils w/s13 LCA's, but get adjustable LCA's because the legnth is off, and will sit you with some pretty wicked gross camber/caster/bump.

Rear There are couple 510 guys around that make custom coil overs, you can use one of these in the back. Get it stiff as hell, pick your tire/wheel/offset combo (for life), then slot the trailing arm brackets until you have the desired stance, weld the slots.

R31 House makes an adjustable rear trailing arm. Its about $1800, which is easily 7 times the value of an S12.

In short: If you want to race an S12, learn how to weld
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #11
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Henry has one of the cleanest S12's by far. Awesome shape
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Haha what to say what to say?...... They all filled in the gaps I guess ^^^^
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute

illtastic

the model for like all boso cars. haha

that coke bluebird in the corner is sick too
80s aero tuning is so awesome
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #14
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
my father in law has an s12 running in good condition. im thinkin about buyin it. but i have too many cars allready and can barely mod my s13 lol....ive been eyeing these pana sports 15x13 -65 offset for it. but buyin a house > cars at least for me right now.
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
worr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
worr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have an S12 with a KA24DE in it. fun
worr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by worr20 View Post
I have an S12 with a KA24DE in it. fun

thats what i wanted to do. i took alook at the stock motor and scratched my head lol....

was it a pretty easy swap?...what drive shaft/motor mounts...etc?
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #17
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
i had an s12 before i came up on my s13. Mine talked. Never could pass smog so drove the piece of shit for a year and a half on expired tags. Woke up one morning and it was gone. Probably towed. Used to have to push start it. Sucked for the cars that parked behind and infront of me when i parked on the streets off campus. Fun car beat it lose it move on theyre like battle tanks
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #18
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndacomplx View Post
i had an s12 before i came up on my s13. Mine talked. Never could pass smog so drove the piece of shit for a year and a half on expired tags. Woke up one morning and it was gone. Probably towed. Used to have to push start it. Sucked for the cars that parked behind and infront of me when i parked on the streets off campus. Fun car beat it lose it move on theyre like battle tanks
Haha yeah they will run forever, my CA had 292,xxx miles on it when I pulled it. But it was still running strong , mine also has that Talking Warning system.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkive43 View Post
thats what i wanted to do. i took alook at the stock motor and scratched my head lol....

was it a pretty easy swap?...what drive shaft/motor mounts...etc?
S13 mounts will work in the S12, one way to do the driveshaft http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13950&hl==

Or you can use the S12 transmission with the the KA bellhousing on it, that is if the car is manual...... That way you wont have to peice together a driveshaft, the S12 one will work.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #20
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
My 85 was nearing 368k and i was using it to commute about 150 freeway miles to and from school. Having this car you knew who your friends were when they were excited to ride and push the "Jank mobile"

Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndacomplx View Post
Having this car you knew who your friends were when they were excited to ride and push the "Jank mobile"
LOL john,

Pretty much.

"I want an S12 So badly"

Ummmm No. Dont do it. If you want a g ride to rally demolition derby on the streets, then get an s12 from a police auction or something. But your life will be MUCH MUCH MUCH better if you dont even get into the S12 realm.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Oh yeah the s12 is the best chassis to roll to the most suspect events and parties in the middle of nowhere and never have to fear that it may be robbed.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #23
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

haha wow your S12 beats my mileage
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #24
WONTONnPHO
Leaky Injector

WONTONnPHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Must be nice to have a street legal CA18DET in Cali =D
WONTONnPHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #25
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONTONnPHO View Post
Must be nice to have a street legal CA18DET in Cali =D
The turbo models came with CA18ET, single cam, it's a POS.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #26
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
haha i love how people always get those engines mixed up.

s12 kicks ass, yarou yours looks prety dope. any more pics of it.

ive been thinking of picking one up for the past couple months for a legal turbo daily so i can finnish my m30.

in more ways than one the s12 and the m30 are exactly alike in terms of suspension.

you dont have to go the ca18et route either, they offer a vg30e which can be easily converted to vg30et, just take the one out of the 88 300zx turbo and swap it in. as long as the engine is newer than your car you wont have a problem.

modifying the ca18et could be a hasstle. they dont make parts for it BUT you just just use safc, fmic any sr turbo or garette gt w/ custom log manifold and full exhaust. could be a fun project.

for related topics pertaining the vg30et visit z31forums.com
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
I'maDoMe

I like the way that they look and i think that it would be fun to work on. I don't want an 86 because the money i don't have for one at the time lol. but i want something that will make a lot of people ask me what the hell is that. I have never heard of an s12 until i saw one in a Modified Mag i think last month with an rb20 in it. It was soooo clean. I understand that it is gonna be a pain in the ass but i won't mind.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #28
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah I understand what your saying. i do too like the way the s12 looks.

im just plain tired of the 240sx. all my friends have them and whenever someone finds out i " DIRFT" they assume thats what i drive. though i have driven them in the past i no longer drive them now.

the whole JDM crazy the s13 and s14 is in is nuts, the market is HUGE for parts and support if you have a 240sx.

but I've seen it all, and repeated 20 times. You get these cocky ass guys get on the forum bagging everything else when what they have really isn't that unique. its the same shit we've already seen.

i say get the s12/200sx and make the best out of it. at least you didn't follow the bandwagon and i appreciate your want for more rather than being the average joe SCHMO.

just becasue others havent had success in the past doesnt mean you will follow in their steps. do your maintenance and get rid of the high milaged engine asap for something more to your liking.

like said above by another memeber follow club-s12.org.

good luck
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
TurboDuck

TurboDuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer View Post

illtastic

the model for like all boso cars. haha

that coke bluebird in the corner is sick too
80s aero tuning is so awesome
Looks like a Transformer imo ... hehehe
TurboDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #30
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

i picked up my s12 for free..its a piss ugly car, but the look of it has seriously grown on me
some dude was giving it away cuz it didnt run..motor was seized from no coolant. so i took it home, and started tearing into it.
started out white, with dents..now its black, with less dents. all i got left is a motorswap which is coming in august, suspension, get my tires mounted. get the passenger seat bolted in. custom exhaust, and replace the windshield. then i will be hitting it up at the track.