Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #2881
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Before you part out your masterpiece you should get some photos burning some rubber, whether that be sliding or burnouts. Something haha anyways your car will always be my favorite! ��

Good luck with the Evo (even though you should get a Sti)
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #2882
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Dude, I know that you are going through with the family thing. I did almost three years ago, when our first kid was born, where I got rid of my extensive gun hobby and sold it all off for my 240 as well as make our crotch rockets basically unusable . For the 240, my logic was that it will be something my son and I can have and work on together for the foreseeable future as well as go out and cruise around in it when hes old enough. Fortunately for us our DD is an 09 WRX thats tricked out enough to still make it fun to drive around but still comfortable for the family. We are working on number 2 but we both agree that getting rid of the 240 would be pointless after the shear amount of time/money/sacrifice put into it.

I Know you are probably getting input from everyone and their brother but all I would say is think about it before jumping into a part out. If the car is really no financial impact besides insurance and the occasional gas run to keep it from sitting then keep it. Most of us older ones on here gone through the kid thing, some more than once, and it does really clear up priorities, but your car is at the point where it appears to not need much time and effort to keep looking clean etc.

Also on the EVO, one reason we went with the WRX instead of the EVOX was the fact that the EVO had no trunk room. Hell the WRX is already tight with a forward facing recaro kids seat and a stroller in the back, but it could at least fit car seat comfortably on the other side as well as another stroller and groceries on top if need be.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #2883
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Best of luck bud! I understand 100% where you are coming from. Living in this climate it really sucks to have so much time,money,sweat and tears into a car that can only be driven a few months of the year let alone one a few times out of those months that its not extremely hot, or raining or chance of a storm, etc. I've often pondered the "used evo" idea. but just not at this time. Look forward to seeing what you come up with and how you progress.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #2884
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I say sell the baby.

Who's with me?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #2885
sex14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
parting out? gheeeeeeey lol jk. i hear u damon im almost in the same dilemma, wife is 8 months pregnant, i cant really say what to do with mine yet. hope everything goes well with ur next build and hope u make at least more than half what u have spent on this 240 it was and awesome 90+ page to scroll thro tho.
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #2886
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I saw this coming from a mile away. I am not surprised in the slightest. I wish you luck in the Evo realm Damon, but personally I'd choose an STi. I'm pretty sure STi's have Nissan rear differentials too <3.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #2887
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I say sell the baby.

Who's with me?
lololol

I have been thinking this over for the last two months. I think I have analyzed it from just about every angle possible. It's true that the car isn't costing me anything while it just sits out there in the garage and gets driven once every couple of weeks, but that isn't all that enjoyable for me. Last summer when I drove the car 17,000 miles and my wife and I could take it on road trips and whatnot, I really enjoyed it. Not to mention the fact that I still had plenty to work on and change to keep me occupied. Now that the car is more or less complete, and I really don't have any free time to spend in the garage working on it or driving it, I have really begun to lose interest.

A car that I can only enjoy by myself for a very limited amount of time per year is of little use to me at this stage in my life. The same can be said about a car that requires attention on a weekly basis to continue to run effectively. If I am going to be able to continue to travel and go to events throughout the year, I need to be able to bring my girls with me. That simply isn't going to happen in the 240. It seems to have run its course in my life and as hard as it is to let it go, it truly is time for me to try something new.

As for STis, I like Subarus, but I would never want to own one. Especially not one with 70k+ miles on it. All of the Subarus I have been around have blown up or had head gasket issues constantly. On top of that, I'm just not into the design of the engine and learning about something that is 100% new to me for a daily driver. They're cool cars, but I personally prefer the Evo.

I guess I'll just say that I am not parting out my car because I am broke, my wife made me, or it is costing me too much money. Starting a family has just changed my life in ways that I never could have foreseen, and I want something different out of a project car at this point in my life.

Not to mention that I won't have to scrape my car before work every morning, since it will be able to sit in the garage. I've only had to do that for a week and a half so far this year and I am already sick of it! lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #2888
sex14
Zilvia Member

sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
hack up the s13 and stretch it like a limo one of a kind plus family friendly and possibly another front page on a car magazine.
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #2889
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Definitely crazy this is happening, but I totally understand your reasons man. Family is super important and as they grow, they'll need you around more. When I got married I sold my RX7 and S14 project- because I understood like you, at the end of the day, it's just a car. My wife needed me. Now I have another s13 7 years later and working on trying to find that balance in between responsibilities to the family. If I ever need to let it go, it will be because of it getting in the way of family. Well played Damon, it's been a great ride on Zilvia!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #2890
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
put the zeros in the Evo
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #2891
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This thread has turned into the great last victory lap of Zilvia
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #2892
Fracture
Leaky Injector

Fracture is an unknown quantity at this point
Please do one final proper photo shoot before you start parting it out, as a sort of closure. This car has become something of a legend, and an important part of Zilvia history. This thread has given me (and I'm sure many others) so much inspiration, I hate to see it come to an end but all good things must. /salute
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #2893
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sorry to hear bud. life is different when someone is helpless & depending on you. my son is 2, i know the feeling. If you feel like youre doing the right thing, more power to you.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #2894
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Idk why I'm gonna visit zilvia for now...hope I can't get some parts of this inspirational build for mine since this build is what got me started
angel mkiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #2895
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^ LOL ^^

people really are taking this hard haha
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #2896
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Well, this post is sure to ruffle some feathers, lol. I'll just get it out there and then try to explain myself a bit:
I've decided to part out my TYPE X and move on to a new adventure.
There, I said it! lol. I got chills typing that out. But yeah, as I am sure you guys can tell, things have slowed down over here quite a bit lately. After my daughter was born in June, I quickly began to learn blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Damon
pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamutista View Post
Damon-
As cheesy as this sounds....your car is my iPhone wallpaper and is the car I show everyone when describing my project goals. I only recently discovered your car and blog and fell in love with both. In fact you responded recently to a question I had about determining whether or not my type-x fin was genuine or a fake. You responded and for that simple reply you gained major respect. Thanks for being so giving of your time, knowledge and experience. I will carry on with my Type-X build. Inspired by your build and in hopes of acquiring if only one piece of your car to carry on the legacy of your car. yeah yeah...cheesy, I know....but honest.

Thanks and Congratulations on your build..... of your car but most importantly your FAMILY.

DZ
^ also a pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
lololol

I have been thinking this over for the last two months. I think I have analyzed it from just about every angle possible. It's true that the car isn't costing me anything while it just sits out there in the garage and gets driven once every couple of weeks, but that isn't all that enjoyable for me. Last summer when I drove the car 17,000 miles and my wife and I could take it on road trips and whatnot, I really enjoyed it. Not to mention the fact that I still had plenty to work on and change to keep me occupied. Now that the car is more or less complete, and I really don't have any free time to spend in the garage working on it or driving it, I have really begun to lose interest.
boo hoo

WAAAAAAAAAAAH

i cant drive my car the way ide like to. no shit, thats what happens when you build a car with negative 6 degrees of camber, custom control arms, reinforcement bars x10, slammed, ac delete, heat delete, *.* delete

you end up with a gloss shell of a car that people admire but is not drivable

maybe next time, a lill bit of long-term vision.... in the meantime

ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #2897
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i want to buy the shell so i can crash it into a wall; just because everyones dicks are so hard for a s13...
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #2898
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJmVAQJK58
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #2899
mark@union
Leaky Injector

mark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i cant drive my car the way ide like to. no shit, thats what happens when you build a car with negative 6 degrees of camber, custom control arms, reinforcement bars x10, slammed, ac delete, heat delete, *.* delete

you end up with a gloss shell of a car that people admire but is not drivable
Amen. I stopped paying attention when you took the heat out of a car that doesn't get tracked.

Best of luck with the next endeavour.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #2900
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
When will it be a convenient time to inquire about purchasing the Super Mirrors?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #2901
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
When will it be a convenient time to inquire about purchasing the Super Mirrors?
no mine muahahahaha, i'm guessing he'll just be posting up and first come first serve
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #2902
TomShanK
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
TomShanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I spilled my tears on xceed about this thing, looking forward to the partout I guess? Brakes. yum.
TomShanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #2903
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I took the car out last night and took a bunch of photos, so hopefully I can turn them into something decent. I went out and buried the needle a few times, ripped some burnouts, etc. and then brought it home and tore into it. I sold my complete 180SX aero locally last night, so the process is well under way.

To be honest, a lot of the nicest parts have already sold to friends of mine and people on here that both have the money, are great to work with, and have nice cars. I will be posting the first wave of parts from the interior and exterior on Monday of next week. I need to remove parts and document them tomorrow evening to be ready for this.

Just as a heads up, the following items are gone or pending payment already:

Bride ZEROS
Nardi steering wheel
Bride door panels, arm rest, and glove box
NeXt Miracle X Brace
Do-Luck Floor Bar
D-MAX floor mats

Complete Kouki 180SX Aero
Ganador Mirrors
Raybrig Headlights
Endless brakes
ARC coil pack cover

A lot of great parts will still be available. I apologize to people that got their hopes up, but locals and the people that have taken care of me in the past get priority. I'll have a nice parts list up on Monday for everyone! Hopefully what's left of the exterior, interior, and suspension.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #2904
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Damon did you at least get video footage of the burnouts, etc?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #2905
BBurr20
Zilvia Member

BBurr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn sad to see this thing go. you did great work! btw would u ship the hood?
BBurr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #2906
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
This is very sad to see a car like this get parted, but family/life is deff more important.
Goodluck!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #2907
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Damnit! I thought you were not going to sell the Zeros And I wanted a shot at Endless...

All the cool stuff has been spoken for...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #2908
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
This was by far my favorite car on zilvia and im glad to have gotten a few things from it.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #2909
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
NOOO!! I was hoping to pick up the 180sx aero, damn.

Sucks to see this car being parted out but family is always first!
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #2910
MAHALOHAWAII
Leaky Injector

MAHALOHAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
forget the parts! DIBS ON DAMON!

Last edited by MAHALOHAWAII; 10-17-2012 at 10:56 PM..
MAHALOHAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote