Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
BigE_Z

Trader Rating: (0)
BigE_Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CA 280z help

I was given a complete 1978 280z but it's not running it's been sitting indoors for about 10years.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts and I was also thinking if anyone knows the cali legal swap standards for my car . Thanks if greatly appreciate it
BigE_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
arck001
Leaky Injector

arck001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clean out the fuel tank and fuel lines. Replace all basic maintenance parts like spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, change out the oil, replace coolant, get a new battery. Start there.

Legally, your swap options are limited since it is not smog exempt. Besides that, you can pretty much fit anything in there.
arck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
R3VO 3VOM

R3VO 3VOM is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at injectors and MAF as well as everything else previously stated. They probably will just need a clean but I can't tell you how many old Z's I've seen in the junkyard with replaced injectors and MAF's and still ended up there. People can't get them to run and just give up. These are simple cars. Very rudimentary engine management. I have a '76 and '77 but both are swapped; something you can't do in cali with the smog laws.
R3VO 3VOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool man, a friend of mine just picked one up as well. Post a picture up if you don't mind. arck001 nailed it on the head, basic tune-up first and then try giving it a start.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:10 PM   #5
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Replacing the cat is also a good start. You'd be amazed at how much better the L28E's run with a fresh cat.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote