Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
aerhead z

Trader Rating: (0)
aerhead z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'92 Z for stance

I'm in the process of replacing my lowering springs with coilovers and want to make sure I get all of the important suspension bits taken care of too. The car has about 128,000 miles, and I haven't driven it all winter. What are the most important components for me to consider? I want it pretty low when I get the coils on.
aerhead z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Probably gonna need FUCAs, RUCAs, toe rods, tension rods to be able to get a decent alignment.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
Matt300ZXT
Leaky Injector

Matt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Matt300ZXT Send a message via Yahoo to Matt300ZXT
I'd check out Powertrix's suspension kit. Decent price and they come with FUCAs, RUCAs, tension rods, and traction rods/toe rods (or whatever the non turbo equivalent is). He runs lots of group buys so it may not be hard to get in on that.

When I had my 92 twin turbo coilovers done (got Powertrix coils too), I had that kit put on, a HICAS delete, sway bars, all new bushings, adjustable end links, etc.
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
aerhead z

aerhead z is an unknown quantity at this point
Powertrix coils are probably what I'm going with since they have a good group buy deal going on now. I'll look into they're other suspension parts as well. Thanks.
aerhead z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
Matt300ZXT
Leaky Injector

Matt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Matt300ZXT Send a message via Yahoo to Matt300ZXT
Whatever you buy, just don't get the AMS crap lol

Also, a lot of guys prefer the Z1 FUCAs to the Powertrix ones, since SPL still hasn't released their revised part. If you're made of money you can buy all SPL
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:34 AM   #6
LolSpookedM8

LolSpookedM8 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're going for stance then I wouldn't go with Powertrix. Don't get me wrong, they are very very good coilovers but they are valved and designed specifically for track/spirited street use. My point is they won't go as low and you'd probably like. They're definitely not a "stance" oriented coilover. All of their connecting arms however are great. I run powertrix everything except for the rear toe rods because they have a straight design and when going low they tend to hit the subframe mounting point caps.
LolSpookedM8 is offline   Reply With Quote