Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #1831
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazing build! I read all the 61 pages and all I have to say is that you are doing it right! The quality and details are amazing! Inspires me and gives me a lot ideas for my own build. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #1832
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread should not be allowed to be bumped unless there is an update on the build.

Everytime it come up I get all excited then...
Old 07-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #1833
my1s14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
my1s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you ever thought about an LSA blower for your LS3? Boost is best!
my1s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #1834
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1s14 View Post
Have you ever thought about an LSA blower for your LS3? Boost is best!
No, that's too conventional for me. Everyone and their brother slaps on turbos and chargers. My end goal has always been a Harrop ITB setup... I've just never come out and said it. Once I get the car back on the road and the way I want it, I'll probably work on doing an ITB setup a couple of years later.

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/autom...manifold-cable

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:28 PM   #1835
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Dang, did realize Tony Bradford was still kickin'
Old 07-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #1836
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
He is alive but doesn't reply to emails. Smh
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #1837
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have to say that me two years ago I opened this thread and saw the magazine shots, the fact that you were taking out a perfectly good motorset to put in the recently trendy (at the time) LSX motor, and the amount of comments with no build on the first few pages and I was out.

I was of the opinion that a few people on here have stated in your thread and my thoughts were something like "wow, building an LS 240 to hardpark and be a show car that's so dumb, no car is too nice to track blah blah function over forum yada yada drifitng is way than sitting in a foldy chair getting a hard on when people say nice car blahhh"

Current me has developed a better understanding which was basically summed up when you said something along the lines of "Some people like driving cars, some people like building them, I just enjoy building them" As well as the fact that there are clean cars that are not built in an effort to get all the e-famez.

Regardless, old me was stubborn, and because I belong to the group that likes driving cars I was pretty ignorant when it came to the idea of building one.

I have to say, after reading all of this I truly admire your attention to detail. I try every time I have to make something for my car to make it perfect and then when I realize that making something perfect will take triple the amount of time it took to make it (Your gauge cluster for example) I settle for "Good enough" this works for me, but I would love to be able to take the time and patience you do and I have to say it's quite inspiring.

In short, I would compare this build thread to the days when I rode BMX. I would get burnt out, loose motivation to ride then see some crazy edit and it would light a fire under me to go out and push hard than ever.

That's how I feel about this build thread. It's gotten me even more motivated to get my new project rolling (LSX G35 Sedan 6MT).

I'm sure it must be tough with your schedule, I work a standard 9-5 no kids, and I still struggle to find time to work on my projects between the actually doing stuff outside of work. I hope you get some time for this thing soon so I can get even more great ideas and enjoy the craftsmanship you put into this car.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #1838
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Your turn signal lights under the AIM MXL.... the little things.
countless times I drove for miles with the signal blinking lol...

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #1839
Ole Martin
Leaky Injector

Ole Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey.. I'm pretty interessted in that chase bays radiator! but i don't want too cut away any space now that i have painted the engine bay.. i saw that you have had yours custom made too fit?

can you hook me up on one of those? please contact on PM if you can! )
Ole Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #1840
imperfect

Trader Rating: (1)
imperfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
itchin for dat update. I know it's coming. Here in about 4 months when remote start season dies down. Maybe he'll squeeze it in early 2016. Fingers crossed!
imperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #1841
georgegto

georgegto is an unknown quantity at this point
Toby has become like a politician, he promises updates but he doesnt deliver
georgegto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #1842
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
***UPDATE***

This probably isn't going to be the type of update you are all hoping for, but I have decided to part the S13 out. Complete part out right down to the shell.

As you all know, I have a day job like everyone else... sales and installation of high-end car audio and electronics. It has been my profession, 6 days/week, for the last 22 years. About two years ago, I started my own business, Broadfield Customs... while still working at my day job mind you. So I put in a lot of hours to maintain this arrangement. Broadfield Customs is slowly building, but doesn't make me near enough money yet to be my primary source of income. So in an effort to turn Broadfield Customs into a power house, spare time is something I do not have. I keep thinking I'll find some time to work on the S13, but it's only getting worse. As much as I have loved the time with this car since I picked it up in 2006, my family and business will always be more important. I just don't have the time or dedication to finish this thing to the insane level of perfection that I insist on. On top of that, it will free up funds, free up needed space in my garage for Broadfield Customs and hopefully make some buyers happy with quality S13 parts.

I will be making some healthy for sale threads across the internet, forums, social media etc. So if you are interested in parts, feel free to post here... everything is going!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #1843
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Completly understandable. Self starters suck your life away but the greatest satisfaction is being your own boos

Good luck!
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #1844
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I do hope you pick another one up in the future. Your build has always been an inspiration for me and god knows how many other people. Good luck with your business. I'm upset that I won't get to see any more updates, but as stated, it is completely understandable.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #1845
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Knew it was coming

It's alright you always get my system money
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:15 AM   #1846
arnielopez33

arnielopez33 is an unknown quantity at this point
(((((( TOBY just went thru all 61 pages today and see this </3, you had to have possibly created the best s13 of all time
arnielopez33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:02 AM   #1847
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not what I wanted to see but I understand your need for growth. Wish I had spare funds to take things off your hands. GL Broadfield.

Let us know when you make a FS thread.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #1848
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Toby,

You have my email! When it comes time to part with some XRP hoses, fittings and such, please give me a shout first. You know I am more than interested and with my setup similar to yours, I can put it to use.

Sorry to hear about the part out but this is great news. I remember when my dash was the first LCD you installed to you becoming an XRP dealer with our large volume order. I hope to see Broadfield Customs become a staple in the custom dash/cluster/stereo world. Your work is impeccable and deserves all the phrase. Best wishes!

-Scott S
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #1849
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Knew it was coming
Of course you did! You see everything coming. You're the FUTURE!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #1850
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by camryonbronze View Post
of course you did! You see everything coming. You're the future!
zing!////////
Old 11-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #1851
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
I just hope this isn't the end of Toby on Zilvia. I would love to see your work here. Like a build thread calls "what's Toby doing today" or "Adventures at Broadfield Customs" or something. You do excellent work and have inspired myself and I'm sure many many others as well. Showed us that building a 240sx can be as legit as some of the more expensive chassis.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:00 AM   #1852
mhubeny180sx
BANNED

mhubeny180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
rip

10char.
mhubeny180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:05 AM   #1853
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Here we go!

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=616950

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #1854
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
*Cue dramatic music*
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #1855
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad day... But I totally understand Toby... Keep pushing and working hard at growing your business.. You do amazing work and glad to have something of yours in my build.. GLWS!!

p.s Still going to hit you up to mount my STACK gauge in the OEM cluster.. Just give me time...
Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #1856
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, truly the end of an era, I've always loved this car, your car was in a class of its own literally a one of a kind and the last of its kind.

Good luck on your future ventures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:19 AM   #1857
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
This probably isn't going to be the type of update you are all hoping for, but I have decided to part the S13 out. Complete part out right down to the shell.
Damn. This is sad news. I was really curious how your project would have panned out. There are not too many builds worth following, and your work has always been very enjoyable to watch.

From entrepreneur to entrepreneur, I tip my hat off to you and hope everything works out with your future endeavors, Toby. Its not easy to run a business, build a car, and in your case - take care of the family too.

ps: Dont forget about my Lexus LFA v10 swap!!!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #1858
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Damn. This is sad news. I was really curious how your project would have panned out. There are not too many builds worth following, and your work has always been very enjoyable to watch.

From entrepreneur to entrepreneur, I tip my hat off to you and hope everything works out with your future endeavors, Toby. Its not easy to run a business, build a car, and in your case - take care of the family too.

ps: Dont forget about my Lexus LFA v10 swap!!!
Thanks Mike, I know you understand! This will also give me more time to complete that LFA swap for you. You still need to ship me your car though. Unless you just want me to pop in my white shell and call it day!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #1859
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Yep, takes one to know one. I'm nearing 11 years with mine, but I think your project is on a different level... more of that Ring Brothers level of detail. My setup is more similar to your SR20 configuration. Speaking of which, I dont mean to poke and prod but I am curious - do you have any regrets in dismantling the car when it had the SR? I know we always try to push our limits and work on new ideas, but the reason I ask is because you had a perfectly clean and functional car that you would continue to own. I guess what I am asking is, did the car have any sentimental value for you or was it just a platform to build on?

Both you and Damon took apart (and in his case, sold and repurchased) cars that were perfectly good and operational. I know hindsight is 20/20, but man... some times we (me included) need to leave good enough alone.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #1860
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Yep, takes one to know one. I'm nearing 11 years with mine, but I think your project is on a different level... more of that Ring Brothers level of detail. My setup is more similar to your SR20 configuration. Speaking of which, I dont mean to poke and prod but I am curious - do you have any regrets in dismantling the car when it had the SR? I know we always try to push our limits and work on new ideas, but the reason I ask is because you had a perfectly clean and functional car that you would continue to own. I guess what I am asking is, did the car have any sentimental value for you or was it just a platform to build on?

Both you and Damon took apart (and in his case, sold and repurchased) cars that were perfectly good and operational. I know hindsight is 20/20, but man... some times we (me included) need to leave good enough alone.
I don't have any regrets... but I also haven't touched the car in like 2-3 years. So at this point I'm pretty numb to it. In my case, I simply wasn't happy with the engine bay. It was the only aspect of the car that hadn't been gone over to my level. My original plan was to pull the SR, fill/shave/tuck and then put the SR back in. However, that turned into such a chore with having to remove all of the interior, dash etc to weld up the firewall holes. So I figured if I'm going through this much work in having it all apart, that "now" would be the time to do an engine swap. That's how the whole LS3 swap happened. So about that time, I had my 2nd child and I didn't have quite the same amount of time to work on it. Then I decided to pursue the whole gauge cluster/interior business and started Broadfield Customs. So I work at my day job all day, 6 days/week and then I do the Broadfield Customs thing in the evenings and Sundays. Spare time to build a vehicle is just not something I have at my disposal anymore. Or at least not to build a vehicle to the level I was with my S13. A ton of experimentation with tucking the AC system, designing/making small one-off custom parts here and there... it just takes so long to do one little thing. Sure, if it was a car that I was simply bolting a bunch of crap onto it, then no problem. I will build another import soon, but not like the S13. I may go back to Subarus and do a new STi again. We'll see! Once Broadfield Customs makes me enough money to quit my day job, then I'll get 50 hours a week back lol.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds