Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Broadfield Build... LS3 V8 Time and Aero

Technically this is my first build thread for my S13. I've done some mini build threads for customer's clusters, but that's about it. Let me give you a little insight to who I am and why I do the things I do. First off, I blame my father for my obsessive nature of needing to build/change things. He has built over a dozen street rods and muscle cars in his time. I learned from him to do everything for myself. I'm not sure I even learned very much technical or mechanical stuff from him. However, what I did learn is much more valuable: "If you don't know how to do something, then you're just gonna have to figure it out on your own". So with that knowledge, I usually refuse to have help with anything and struggle taking even the slightest advice.

Onto my S13. If you haven't already noticed, I have to be changing something worth noting on my S13 every year. Every winter I plan a project and make sure it's completed by the spring. If not by the spring, I make sure to have it done by the Import Alliance meet in Nashville around the middle of July. This makes for a really good deadline and assures I have a fire under my ass. Especially since it's over a 1000 mile round trip, I have to make sure everything is in perfect working order before I make the trip.

Onto the build. I have had the SR setup for over 4 years now... I think it's time for a change in a fairly big way. Originally I was going to do a used LS1, but a friend of mine that has had several LS1's in his RX7's put a little bug in my ear about doing an LS3. I researched the costs of doing so and a new LS3 crate motor isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So LS3 it is! I will touch basis on the LS3 later.

Since I will have everything out of the bay, I am going to fill and shave the bay. I had already planned to do this over the winter anyway. Along with that a Chase Bays brake line tuck and brake booster delete utilizing a Wilwood master cylinder. Chase was kind enough to give these to me free of charge and let the Zilvia community know what I thought of the product. So it will be interesting to see how this stuff works/performs. I have the product in my hands and will be posting pictures soon. I will say the product is up to my standards in every way so far. I figured I might pick up his radiator tuck also, which will give me more clearance for the intake on the front of the LS. It's usually pretty cramped up there. Or I may have my own fabricated if I need something very specific. We'll see when it comes to that time.

Last but not least the aero. Yes, I finally found a damn K's aero bumper where the seller was willing to ship it to me. I have a source for the Silvia skirts and rear valances, just getting a shipping quote for that stuff.

So to start this build off, I need to sell all of my crap! I'm going to try and sell the whole kit and kaboodle as a package first. Basically a 400whp S15 SR ready to drop in with all of the fixings... Power FC, Full Race GT3076, FMIC, all of the AN lines, breather box etc. etc.

So basically all of this, and I will make a pretty good package deal. Otherwise I'm gonna have to start parting it out. So if you are interested in this entire package, please PM me and we can discuss price. PLEASE DO NOT PM me for individual pricing. I will post in the for sale thread when and if I am parting it out.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35879...oda-earls.html
  • S15 SR20 engine
  • S15 6-speed trans
  • Apexi Power FC D-Jetro Tuned for 400whp and 333wtq
  • Blitz clutch/flywheel
  • Driveshaft Shop aluminum driveshaft
  • Greddy FMIC
  • Greddy oil pan
  • Greddy radiator
  • Greddy pulleys
  • Greddy 4” intake filter
  • Greddy intake manifold
  • 70mm throttle body N15
  • Tomei N15 throttle body adapter
  • Garrett twin scroll GT3076R
  • Full Race twin scroll manifold
  • Full Race downpipe
  • Full Race dump tube
  • Tial 44mm wastegate
  • Tial 50mm BOV
  • PE 850cc injectors
  • PE Kevlar belts
  • Splitfire coil packs
  • Toda 264 cams
  • Toda valve springs
  • Brian Crower retainers
  • Tomei rocker arm stoppers
  • Golden Eagle vacuum box
  • Billet oil filter relocate
  • Samco radiator hoses
  • Hose techniques couplers and t-bolt clamps
  • Custom 4” intake pipe
  • Custom 2-1/4” hot side piping
  • Custom 3” cold side piping
  • T1 crankcase breather box
  • All custom Earls braided nylon lines w/Earls AN fittings: fuel, pressure, oil, coolant etc.
  • Gallery fresh anodized bolts
  • Cusco strut tower brace
  • Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator w/Earls inline fuel filter
  • Custom short throw shifter

I'll start off with the last pictures taken of how the car sits for the last time. These were pictures taken by Nate Hassler that were not used for the Modified feature.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 12-23-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Good luck on the build Toby! Anything you touch seems to be top notch when it completed. Thanks for going OEM Aero. I knew an Aero bumper would come your way eventually.

PS: Great feature in Modified.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
subscribed!! Im not to crazy that another v8 is going into another 240....getting kinda old imo but you have had an sr for 4 yrs so in this case change is good. Cant wait for the updates
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Subscribed, cannot wait.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I can't wait for more progress. Best of luck with the build, I'm sure it'll turn out incredible since you're so anal for that kind of stuff. I tried by best to keep all of the details straight in my build, but it gets hard when you do it for a year non-stop.

OE sides and rear was the only thing keeping me from really lusting after your car, so when you get everything done after this build I'm sure I'll be extremely tempted to try and make the drive out to Import Alliance!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Build

This guys is crazy( In a good way LOL). How do you find time to do all these things man?I sent you a p.m. Good luck with the build.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
And another nice S13 bites the dust. It was cool while it lasted.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Look forward to reading more!
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gl on the build man... everything else you've done is immaculate. sure this will be no different

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
cant wait to see how this turns out! with your level of quality i'm sure it'll be nothing short of fantastic!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wow, really looking forward to keeping up with this build! Keep the pics coming and don't mind the haters.

Subscribed!

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice can't wait to see what you do.
And get some LOL's at the cry babies who care too much about what others do to their cars.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
good luck man.... she looks good now as well
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
That was a stupid post. You could have said anything else about it and it would have been completely fine...But me and the rest of the community that will be watching this build know that anything Broadfield does to his car is going to be well beyond "nice". Sorry its not "JDM" enough for you teddy.

Broadfield: I would imagine you'll be keeping A/C in this? I've heard it was rather complicated with Lsx swaps. If you do keep it..you'll be the first ive seen to actually do it.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #15
Cannonblaster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
Cannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the roughCannonblaster is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
WOOT! TIME for a change! good luck im sure it wont disappoint!!!!!!
Cannonblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #16
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
.......And God said, "Let there be AWESOME!"..... Thus, He created Toby.......
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
ElmStormer
Leaky Injector

ElmStormer is an unknown quantity at this point
Im excited to watch this build! Your work is amazing!
ElmStormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome plans Toby!! I will definately subscribe to this build. If you have any questions at all about the swap and other parts, let me know. I am still learning more each day but will be happy to share the things I have learned, some the hard way lol.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
How'd i know you would say something like that.

Good luck on the build, If it is anything like the rest of your car it should be amazing.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
That was a stupid post. You could have said anything else about it and it would have been completely fine...But me and the rest of the community that will be watching this build know that anything Broadfield does to his car is going to be well beyond "nice". Sorry its not "JDM" enough for you teddy
Welcome to a message board where people voice their opinions! If you can't handle it, go away!

Toby, I'm sure the build will surpass the level of awesomeness of other cars, good luck!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #21
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
where are you to hold up the signs?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
That was a stupid post. You could have said anything else about it and it would have been completely fine...But me and the rest of the community that will be watching this build know that anything Broadfield does to his car is going to be well beyond "nice". Sorry its not "JDM" enough for you teddy.
that was fucking stupid
Old 12-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
I'm following this thread with much interest. In the next 2 years I want to swap a LS1/2/3 into my s14. I was thinking the LS3 because 6.2L sounds awesome and it makes the most power stock, but then I was thinking the LS1 because that will still be overkill on power and torque and it will get better gas mileage(not that that is really too much of a concern) and be quite a bit cheaper in crate engine form.
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #23
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm sure this is going to turn out very clean! If you have any questions on your shaved bay or brake line tuck, I've been working on the same thing and would be more than happy to help answer any questions you have. (Except my line tuck is using all AN fittings + stainless hard lines behind firewall)
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
+Waldo+
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
+Waldo+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Down the see one of the cleanest builds in the country.

very excited to see how this goes, good luck Broadfield
Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #25
venom_5
Zilvia Member

venom_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
dammit ... ive wanted a GT30R SR20 setup for a cpl years now, glws - build should be interesting, you gonna have it done to bring down here for Import Alliance summer 2k11?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #26
Ares240SX
Leaky Injector

Ares240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribing.
Ares240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #27
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love your S13.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #28
Viet-Tam
Leaky Injector

Viet-Tam is making his/her stupidity well-knownViet-Tam is making his/her stupidity well-knownViet-Tam is making his/her stupidity well-knownViet-Tam is making his/her stupidity well-known
Cant wait to see it Import Alliance in Nashville!
Viet-Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #29
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I got this one for ya teddy

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #30
Fortitude

Fortitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Also subscribed, I've been following your work for about a month now. Impressive stuff.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote