Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Marketplace bumping...

I've seen several occasions now where threads were locked because someone other than the OP made comments and were considered "bumps"... if this is the case, I think it needs to be made clear that any comments are considered bumps and will result in the lockage of the thread, because as of now, someone sees a nice car and gives the OP a bump because they feel it's nice, which I think is fine. here is one instance I speak of:

http://zilvia.net/f/2300460-post23.html

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It's been considered for years:
http://zilvia.net/f/1222496-post3.html

And I write too!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yeah, I just saw racer go through and lock a slew of FS threads. I think his options are only post and lock thread
But seriously, I didn't know that random members(not friends) posting were counted as bumps. I think that ppl should just post in FS threads: "Please do not post anything, not directly related to what I'm selling, unless the post is a question about it-Thanks"
Its not fair to the OP's that others are getting it locked.
If an "illegal" bump is posted, and someone reports it, will it still count against the OP?

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
My thing is this:
Is "nice shit, free bump for you" with no expressed interest in actually BUYING an item in a thread doing ANYTHING other than bumping the thread?
If people comment with an expression of interest in the item, then fine. On the other hand, a bunch of comments from people who have no interest in the item does nothing but clutter the front page, just as does a bump from the OP, does it not?
People who are looking for shit SEARCH for it, trust and believe it. An item being on the front page is not exactly a way to attract buyers that you might necessarily want. Several bumps shows ME as a buyer that the seller is desperate to move his wares, and would accept a lowball offer.
Rule remains, a bump is a bump.

And I write too!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
so P, is that to say when someone gives you a, "nice ride, free bump" type comment, it would be in your best interest as the OP to report that post so your thread does not get locked?

If so, I'm ok with that, just trying to be clear.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
My thing is this:
Is "nice shit, free bump for you" with no expressed interest in actually BUYING an item in a thread doing ANYTHING other than bumping the thread?
No, that's why they should make sure to clarify that it must be a product related post, first and foremost.
Quote:
People who are looking for shit SEARCH for it, trust and believe it. An item being on the front page is not exactly a way to attract buyers that you might necessarily want. Several bumps shows ME as a buyer that the seller is desperate to move his wares, and would accept a lowball offer.
Rule remains, a bump is a bump.
I agree completely w/this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
so P, is that to say when someone gives you a, "nice ride, free bump" type comment, it would be in your best interest as the OP to report that post so your thread does not get locked?

This was the gist of my typically long-winded post.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
Old 09-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post

Yes, and that is why it is written in the rules...
As it were, no one EVER reports them, so we're well within rights to count them.

And I write too!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
DOOK
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes, and that is why it is written in the rules...
As it were, no one EVER reports them, so we're well within rights to count them.
alrighty... just wanted to be clear on that one... locking it up...

Closed Thread