Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
dethbox
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
dethbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Post your strategy for drifting balcony, htm, and wsir

I know there is already a thread for drifting techniques in general, but I think this can be helpful for people in socal that are driving wsir to get tips and ideas on how to run each track.

So post up your methods of madness
dethbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
shouldn't this be in southwestern states then?.. but at balcony I come in 3rd gear downshift to 2nd, clutchkick, hold it, then spin on transition.

s13 with a stock ka, 15's, and ebay coils
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
mr2thomas
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mr2thomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im pretty sure you dont want to do 3rd gear, downshift to 2nd, and then clutch kick at balcony.

its more like 3rd gear, clutch kick, hold, down to 2nd and transition and the rest 2nd gear.
mr2thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
i'm pretty sure this is a worthless post...but...my input is.

3rd gear flick with clutchkick. downshit to second on transition and lay the hammer. Pick the line and never lift.

that was on my stock KA spinning 225 40 18x10's.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Exactly what Thomas and Hamburg(fckillerbe) said.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
Exactly what Thomas and Hamburg(fckillerbe) said.
Nieko now has his FD license. He's a wise kid to listen to. ;D
Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
i'm pretty sure this is a worthless post...but...my input is.

3rd gear flick with clutchkick. downshit to second on transition and lay the hammer. Pick the line and never lift.

that was on my stock KA spinning 225 40 18x10's.
I'll try this next time I go back, my current setup is stock ka, 17's w 215/40's on all 4, pbm coils, ruca and toe arms. Gotta get my car running first tho, ignition problems are a B*****TCH

EDIT: did you guys ever need to touch the handbrake and/or footbrake during this? I ALWAYS spin on transition, idk if it was due to my old ebay coils or what since I haven't done an event on my PBM's yet..
Old 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
That's was almost my exact setup except for coilover brand I guess, haha.

Start as far back as you can. Stay to the left, get into 3rd swing to the right and clutch kick left. Hit clip like a boss. SOMETIMES I would downshift right before clipping, sometimes i would hold it out in 3rd then right before you think its about to die, 2nd and hold it out longer, THEN transition. then the rest is just second gear, do as you pleaseeeee.

nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks!! Sounds like I just gotta man up and go for it. Any other advice on keeping the car from spinning on transition? Idk if by any chance you saw me sucking but I was in the red coupe at the JD event in late Feb lol
Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

you can tap the brake right as you transition. helps settle the car a little.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
bogert
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
bogert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well dude I don,t know that my tips will help you or not but first of all drive in 3rd gear downshift to 2nd, clutchkick, hold it, then spin .I hope you understood but Keep trying until you do the best.
bogert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Jerrys14q
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Jerrys14q will become famous soon enoughJerrys14q will become famous soon enoughJerrys14q will become famous soon enoughJerrys14q will become famous soon enoughJerrys14q will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jerrys14q
I'm glad balcony has a new course
Jerrys14q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogert View Post
Well dude I don,t know that my tips will help you or not but first of all drive in 3rd gear downshift to 2nd, clutchkick, hold it, then spin .I hope you understood but Keep trying until you do the best.
Uh what? clutchkick after downshifting to 2nd? Doesnt make sense.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
dethbox
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
dethbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What I do is top of 3rd small feint clutch kick really far back, lay on it, snag e brake for more angle before clipping point downshift to 2nd once I pass clipping point, transition and lay on the throttle, lift, transition around the green monster, lay on it, and clutch kick to get more smoke, and stand on it for the manjies down the back straight, snag e brake to extend to back j turn and start all over.
dethbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
HTM is second gear for me almost the whole time then at the water tower transition I jam 3rd and rail the clutch hard to make it all the way around
Old 02-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Just out of curiousity, is HTM easier or harder to drift on with a stock KA?

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I would be super high in 2nd on Horse Thief Mile. could never do 2nd to 3rd upshifts though. Never tried. stock KA, man.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
From 4th to 3rd... Keep it on gas