Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Almost done!!! Back on the road

I started off with a front pass. side damage S14 shell, and stripped it first thing (can be found in my thread titled "Spring break fun").

First thing was to fix the front end body damage with a new hood, new fender, and new bumper:

I re-wired the entire relay/ main fuse harness already, and wired in all my aftermarket accessories (radiator shrowd and mech fan replaced with electronic fan not pictured):

Then I installed the D2 coilovers including the replacement shock I received, along with the mustang wheels i bought for $260 shipped off ebay. They're as cheap as it gets for 17x8 with a decent offset:

There was a LOT of extra work to finish the harness, suspension, brakes, and at the same time part out my old car. Somehow we managed to get everything put together in 1 day and 1 night (all night) to make it to the first autox of the season!

We only did the plain necesecities, so no turbo (yet), no swaybars as I uninstalled the front to install the whitelines and never had time (btw, my front whiteline survived!! it pushed everything else over and said "i'm too stiff to bend like that, yo." No VLSD (that one hurt). During the autox I found out my TPS was set incorrectly, and I wasn't able to test the timing. This was literally the first time I REALLY drove the car!! Even then, it wasn't bad (mostly because of R-compund tires and 9/ 7 springrates).

Finally, many thanks to:
Quote:
MWest
quagabow
fastpace
sykikchimp
Hookedup240sx
SaintlyCharBoy
stealthx32
mbmbmb23
zemus
hurleyboi514
J. Lindseya
bbandit
mrmephistopheles
mad_s13
thx1138
thatsmekid
kaje
for contributing to the Rebuild Fund. I've got the magnetic sheeting and I'm heading down to the shop later this week to have a "sponsor board" made up for you guys If I forgot your name or you'd like to change your name or whatever, just PM me. I tried my best to match names to paypal accounts.....

Last edited by AceInHole; 04-01-2004 at 08:35 AM..
AceInHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links