Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
11Past9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 Wheel fitment help

I've got tokiko blue shocks, s tech springs and I am currently running evo viii enkei 17x8s with 235/45/17 tires. I was looking for wheel fitment help for a solid neutral set up for dd and occasional track use. Size, offset, tire size. I've got z32 brakes up front as well. Also should I run staggered wheels or not and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
wow..............search, i dont get it.

we have a thread for this.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
wow..............search, i dont get it.

we have a thread for this.
I'd like to think asking is the same as searching just in a different way. Maybe it's believed that answering someones question is a waste of time but I'd like to think the plethora of wow search search search responses are just as much of a waste but thanks so much for the help
Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
ok since your question is so vague, I will answer the only question I could find.

"should I run staggered wheels or not and why?"
staggered wheels are for staggered tires/look

so with that in mind--
yes if you have too much power and not enough rear grip.
no if you not enough power and too much rear grip.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
marocking

marocking is an unknown quantity at this point
can you guys tell me please,
i just bought a s14 yesterday.
want new rims right away. can someone please tellme the specs of the rims i need. what offset am pretty sure its 5x114.3 but i dont know what offset. thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #6
baby jesus

Trader Rating: (1)
baby jesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
correct unless its a base model
Old 01-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Right now I'm making around 300 wheel but in the near future may be a 2871.

I'm looking for good sizing info for daily driving and occassional track use. I want a good set up that keeps handling, drivability but most of all usable power in mind instead of just shredding tires. I just didn't know if staggered vs non staggered improved or hurt the geometry of the suspension to worsen or better handling.

I don't need overkill width in the rear but would like to know what would be a good width for my suspension set up without rolling fenders and what not. And if I should have a 1 inch diff between front width and rear or 1.5
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #8
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I would say roll your damn fenders.

Get some 17X9s all around. I would say a +20 offset, as most GTR sized wheels are in that offset and will clear Z brakes.

Run some 245/40s up front and 255/40s out back.

My suggestions might not be what you want to hear. Go look in the Maximum Wheel/Tire fitment thread - there are thousands of posts in there, seriously stop acting like a retarded baby.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
Right now I'm making around 300 wheel but in the near future may be a 2871.
going from 300 wheel to 2871 wheel is a lot! holy crap you need beefy as fuck tires to handle all that power.

xquizitditz
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #10
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
going from 300 wheel to 2871 wheel is a lot! holy crap you need beefy as fuck tires to handle all that power.
Har har har no. Gt2871r
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Look for an offset around +20 or slightly higher. A modest offset like that will allow you to run more tire if you so choose, while still having a pretty decent stance. Most guys on here will tell you the lower the offset, the better... which is fine if you like the flush/stretch look. I personally like to run a bit more tire, so a slightly higher offset brings the wheel into the wheel well more, centering it between the inner and outer rub points. The lower the offset, the further the wheel will stick out. But the lower the offset, the more aggressive the stance will be (and will require more modification to the fenders, or a narrower tire. or both).
Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfallsalot243 View Post
Look for an offset around +20 or slightly higher. A modest offset like that will allow you to run more tire if you so choose, while still having a pretty decent stance. Most guys on here will tell you the lower the offset, the better... which is fine if you like the flush/stretch look. I personally like to run a bit more tire, so a slightly higher offset brings the wheel into the wheel well more, centering it between the inner and outer rub points. The lower the offset, the further the wheel will stick out. But the lower the offset, the more aggressive the stance will be (and will require more modification to the fenders, or a narrower tire. or both).
I am not looking for something super flush with a credit cards worth of space between the fenders and rubber. I just want no rubbing, no chance to and a more neutral set up that looks good. I am not looking to push my luck. Here is what the wheels on it now look like. They are 17x8 + 38 evo viii wheels with 235/45/17 all around.

It doesn't look bad but I figured maybe I needed a wider wheel out back. I didn't know if staggered was a must have type of deal, if not than I don't really care I just want the best all around set up. I'm not looking to slam it like a custom s-10 truck either. Just want a very versitile wheel set up and in case I get coilovers and drop it a bit more.

I just don't want the akward set up where the tires stick out too much and so on.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Mr. Goodkat
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
Mr. Goodkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by marocking View Post
can you guys tell me please,
i just bought a s14 yesterday.
want new rims right away. can someone please tel lme the specs of the rims i need. what offset am pretty sure its 5x114.3 but i dont know what offset. thanks
pwhuahahaha your kidding right? you don't know what offset means, but your pretty sure the offset is 5x114.3? Looks like you'll really need to do the work and research this on your own... try google
Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Are you kidding me...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...s-no-post.html

How hard is it to use resources already available, prevalent and immediately accessible without even a DIFFICULT search?
Wait, don't answer that because this thread is hereby closed.

And I write too!
Closed Thread