Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
(Yoshi)
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
(Yoshi) is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ISIS 240SX 255 lph Fuel Pump Install and Review

ISIS 240SX 255 lph Fuel Pump Install and Review

I just bought an ISIS 255 fuel pump for my car. This pump is a good alternative to the popular walbro 255, it flows the same and is less expensive. Over all it's easy to install and works well. Like any other high flow pump it's louder than stock but it's really not that bad, but it will catch you off guard the first few times you start your car.

The install is pretty straight forward but requires a little bit of wiring work but nothing major.

Tools needed:

Needle nose pliers
Dikes
Razor or wire tool
Philips head screw driver
8mm wrench
10mm wrench
*will go faster with sockets and ratchets or even ratcheting wrenches*

There is an access panel in the hatch/trunk that can be found by lifting the carpet in the hatch/trunk area.

You will want to unplug your fuel pump fuse and start your car and run it till dies then open the fuel cap to relieve fuel pressure and make less of a mess later.

Step 1: Remove the four 10mm bolts holding the panel and the two screws holding the wire cover

Step 2: Remove covers and unplug the harness plug

Step 3: Remove the six 8mm bolts holding the tank cover on and using pliers remove the hose with the clip and a screw driver to remove the hose with the clamp. Simply push the hoses back but not too far or they will drop behind the tank.

Step 4: Carefully lift out the whole assembly twisting and turning as needed. Be patient and don't force it, there is a lot attached to it.

Step 5: Simply remove the fuel pump by taking the rubber hose off and unscrewing the wires connecting to it. Be sure not to loose those screws!

Step 6: Now we get to get the new pump ready to put in. You are going to want to plug the wire and that came with the pump into the pump itself.

Step 7: Slide on the rubber boot to the bottom of the pump. Note here I had to modify the boot so that I could fit the filter onto the pump. I did this by using my razor to cut a notch in it.

Before the cut:

After the cut:

Step 8: Install the filter next. It fits on the bottom and there is a lock ring deal that holds it in place. I got it on by pushing it in with a small socket.

Before lock ring:

After lock ring:

Step 9: Slide on the little sock deal that came with it and the new rubber hose. No one likes used rubbers...

Step 10: Now you have options for wiring. The wires for the pump come with clips that look like they would slide over the stock ones but I couldn't get it to work. You could also cut the clip off the stock wiring and put a male connector in it's place that fits the female connectors on the pump.

I didn't do either. I had these little O clip deals laying around the shop and it wound up working out real well and I used the stock screw connectors.

Simply cut off the connectors, strip the wires and slide them in the new connectors and clamp them down.

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs320.ash1/28186_567498217388_52707109_32980478_5327487_n.jpg[/mg]

Step 11: Slide the pump in place and attach the rubber hose to the housing.

Step 12: I zip tied everything in place to keep it secure. Now it's ready to install.

Step 13: Gently slide the assembly back into place twisting and angling it as needed. Again be careful here.

Step 14: Reconnect the hoses and bolts.

Step 15: Plug in the harness.

Step 16: Replace covers and bolt them down.

Done!

Be sure to replace your fuel pump fuse and your gas cap. Fire it up and take it for a drive!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
KA24sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awsome write up. Be sure to post up later how good it runs(not doudting isis parts)
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Interested on how it works out although I would advise you redo that ghetto wire job and either Solder and heat shrink the connections or use a butt connector
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Old 05-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im debating my self whether or not to buy a Walbro fuel pump, Circut-Sports fuel pump, or this Isis fuel pump......

Now that you've installed it how good is it working??? Any issues?
Old 11-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Drift_Monkey

Trader Rating: (0)
Drift_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drift_Monkey
im going to assume the car doesnt run anymore since there are no posts?
Old 11-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
XD!

How many regular miles you got on it? None, it takes premium!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
Old 11-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_Monkey View Post
im going to assume the car doesnt run anymore since there are no posts?
This guy hasn't logged on in two years. Why the hell did you bump this thread?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Closed Thread