Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Q45 fuel pump

Well guys just thought i'd share my experience with you, I just installed the Q45 fuel pump and holly shit, previously I was using the stock fuel pump which I dialed in my AFR to ~11.5 WOT.

After installeding the Q45 fuel pump my AFR went to 9.2 AFR, and now I have to dial it in all over again or I might just get a nismo FPR since my fuel pressure jumped up alot.

S13 fuel pump
psi (vacuum) ~36ish psi

Q45 fuel pump
psi (vacuum) ~45psi holly shit!
psi (no vacuum) 56psi damn almost 4bar

Must be a beast of a pump I said to myself, but then again there is no FPCU on a S13 so the pump runs in High Output mod 24/7.

Just for comparison sake i'll show what the required litre per hour would be for S13 Z32TT Q45 @ 100 duty cycle:

# of Inj x cc/min x 60min ÷ 1000cc = Lph

S13 = ~65 Lph
Z32 TT = ~133 Lph
Q45 = ~177 Lph

Last edited by UNISA JECS; 08-14-2008 at 07:58 PM..
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
is it a plug and play affair or did you have to do any sort of rewiring?
thanks again
-los
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by los_inc View Post
is it a plug and play affair or did you have to do any sort of rewiring?
thanks again
-los
There is no rewiring required.

You have to modify the stock sock.

You need to modify the rubber seat at the bottom of the pump also so it fits like stock.

You need to cut the fuel outlet pipe, this is the pipe the that connects to the fule pump outlet port.

UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote