Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #2731
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I do it for the youngsters, without us they wouldn’t have any direction. Whether they follow is their choice but atleast I can say I’m trying to set a standard with both my S14 and Altezza. Both are equality awesome but I love them in different ways. I don’t want them to be the same, don’t feel the need to own multiple of one chassis at a time.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:17 AM   #2732
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
My dumb modified car is quieter than many stock AMG/M/Jaguar 'performance' SUV.

But hey, old Japanese cars are 'immature.'
I wouldn?t expect you to understand. Lol.

And I?m not saying all old Japanese cars. FD?s and NSX?s are on my short list too. But I really like the new Supra, just want it in manual. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:04 AM   #2733
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
There is not anything mature about a luxury car just as there's nothing immature about any other choice. I guess I've grown up around friends and family who drive luxury cars and don't really see what the big deal is.

I get that when one gets older, get more caught up with work, family there's less time for projects. maybe stiff suspensions are harder on the body. maybe you have a bossy partner who gives you hell for not doing things their way. otherwise it's a passion like any other.
Because luxury drivers are for those who don't give a shit about blown wheel bearings, spooling turbos with blow offs and having their expensive heels melt into the floorboards.

Luxury cars are not sports cars so don't get those two twisted. Because it's a luxury brand like Mercedes doesn't mean the AMG line is luxury-aimed. Mature people see and realize this. Had you had a larger budget to go spend money on a car, I doubt you'd be driving the shitbox you have today because if you said you would, you'd be lying. You may have it as a TOY, but not a DAILY. Shit, I have tons of toys - Skyline, Silvia, Wrangler, FJ, etc. - and still went out and got a new, lush, comfortable daily because when one of those shit boxes piss me off, I can drive home comfortably in my car and relax.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #2734
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I wouldn?t expect you to understand. Lol.

And I?m not saying all old Japanese cars. FD?s and NSX?s are on my short list too. But I really like the new Supra, just want it in manual. Nothing wrong with that.
You can just acknowledge you?re only seeking a status symbol.

An NSX/FD is not a ?mature? driving experience or aesthetic.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #2735
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
You can just acknowledge you?re only seeking a status symbol.

An NSX/FD is not a ?mature? driving experience or aesthetic.
Iif you don?t think there?s any difference, from a aesthetic, engineering, symbolizing standpoint between a 240 and an NSX, RX-7 or a 964 Turbo I don?t need to hear another word of your opinion. It?s not necessarily the status of them, they are just different cars.

We have 2 totally different views on life. I wouldn?t expect you to understand. Obviously you grew up aspiring to own a 25 year old RWD economy car, I however always wanted something cooler. I’m at a a point I can afford shit that I dreamed of as a kid (and never thought I’d be able to).
Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #2736
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Ugh. I give up.

I hope Deb & Gary tell you your new car is appropriately expensive for your exurb.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #2737
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Ugh. I give up.

I hope Deb & Gary tell you your new car is appropriately expensive for your exurb.
This is the Old Grumpy Asshole thread, take yourself over it the Whiny Young Bitchass thread. You obviously don?t get the shit in here.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #2738
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Lol. Now I see why you need a mature vehicle, have to compensate.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:51 AM   #2739
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Old grumpy asshole...need I say more?

And please give up. I give absolutely zero fucks about your opinion.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #2740
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Because luxury drivers are for those who don't give a shit about blown wheel bearings, spooling turbos with blow offs and having their expensive heels melt into the floorboards.

Luxury cars are not sports cars so don't get those two twisted. Because it's a luxury brand like Mercedes doesn't mean the AMG line is luxury-aimed. Mature people see and realize this. Had you had a larger budget to go spend money on a car, I doubt you'd be driving the shitbox you have today because if you said you would, you'd be lying. You may have it as a TOY, but not a DAILY. Shit, I have tons of toys - Skyline, Silvia, Wrangler, FJ, etc. - and still went out and got a new, lush, comfortable daily because when one of those shit boxes piss me off, I can drive home comfortably in my car and relax.
Come on, you don't know how much money I make or what I can afford. You also don't know that my daily is unreliable. I could in theory go out to trade in my car for an rs6 but to me it would be immature at my income level to splurge on something at that price and have it depreciate terribly. If I could it would not be an audi, mercedes or bmw at all.

luxury to me is just a preference. I'm blessed to have had friends and family who do own luxury cars so I can safely say I've had exposure to that. AMG, Audi S cars I think can be both luxury and performance. With the tech these days one can have performance and ride quality, although it's just extra money to have both. Agreed a 240sx makes a good toy but I think it can be a reasonably good daily close to stock.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #2741
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Come on, you don't know how much money I make or what I can afford. You also don't know that my daily is unreliable. I could in theory go out to trade in my car for an rs6 but to me it would be immature at my income level to splurge on something at that price and have it depreciate terribly. If I could it would not be an audi, mercedes or bmw at all.

luxury to me is just a preference. I'm blessed to have had friends and family who do own luxury cars so I can safely say I've had exposure to that. AMG, Audi S cars I think can be both luxury and performance. With the tech these days one can have performance and ride quality, although it's just extra money to have both. Agreed a 240sx makes a good toy but I think it can be a reasonably good daily close to stock.
Is a RS6 'luxury?' You already caught yourself in completely misunderstanding my post. First, you feel victimized for having a shitty way of thinking and classing others than you fail to realize the difference between luxury and sport.

I was blessed to work hard and have it pay off to where I can afford to have nice things. If I could have afforded it in my kid years, I would have gotten a better daily and a toy car instead of buying a stupid daily and throwing cash at it chasing something that's tolerable on the street and 'good enough' on the track. I probably would have been more successful in making a toy that was much more competitive/I enjoyed instead of loathing.

You have your dream cars and that's fine but don't discourage others for what they want. That seems like some bad vibes.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #2742
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post

You have your dream cars and that's fine but don't discourage others for what they want. That seems like some bad vibes.
This is my problem with gbaby?s responses, if you don?t think the way he does you?re a moron or in this case immature (maybe mature wasn?t the word I should have used initially) or have a need to purchase a car simply as a status symbol. I have no problem if anyone wants to drive a 240 the rest of their life, he?ll I may still build one with my son one day, I still love the cars, I just personally feel like I?ve outgrown it. And since he doesn?t agree he becomes judgmental and self righteous. He shows it time and time and time again.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:08 PM   #2743
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Maybe he’s been breathing in too much of that tear gas.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #2744
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Dude I think you?re the one not getting it. No one said old Japanes cars are immature. We all said it?s the style cues that make ANY car appear immature.

I never said I bought my Lexus to offset my fun cars either. I just wanted a nice daily and heavily recommended a 13yr old Lexus as an option for anyone that felt like they needed a respectable daily. I just wanted AC blown on my buttcheeks via the seat ventilation.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #2745
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
I do it for the youngsters, without us they wouldn?t have any direction. Whether they follow is their choice but atleast I can say I?m trying to set a standard with both my S14 and Altezza. Both are equality awesome but I love them in different ways. I don?t want them to be the same, don?t feel the need to own multiple of one chassis at a time.
I mean do you REALLY do it for them or is it your inherent style. Like I?ve always preferred OEM+ cars so I do it for me, but if an up-and-comer learns to like that from seeing my cars it?s just a byproduct.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #2746
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Im not interested in discouraging anyone.

I don’t believe maturity has anything to do with preference of auto ownership. that’s an opinion. those are thoughts. there are no intense emotions involved behind that thought other than a mild sense of joy bc I like bullshitting on here I said I believe it would be immature of me to get rs6 at my income level and how it would depreciate. If anyone on here wanted to go get a Bentley I would not try to talk them out of it with or without intense emotions.

Another opinion (again, thoughts not feelings) is that I believe you can have both luxury and performance. I may not agree with your opinion. But again I did not express I felt feelings of anger, loathing, sadness, shame or anything around that. Not sure how victimization is relevant here. I was not aware this was a discussion about mental health but I am happy to oblige as that’s another passion of mine.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #2747
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Im not interested in discouraging anyone.

I don?t believe maturity has anything to do with preference of auto ownership. that?s an opinion. those are thoughts. there are no intense emotions involved behind that thought other than a mild sense of joy bc I like bullshitting on here I said I believe it would be immature of me to get rs6 at my income level and how it would depreciate. If anyone on here wanted to go get a Bentley I would not try to talk them out of it with or without intense emotions.

Another opinion (again, thoughts not feelings) is that I believe you can have both luxury and performance. I may not agree with your opinion. But again I did not express I felt feelings of anger, loathing, sadness, shame or anything around that. Not sure how victimization is relevant here. I was not aware this was a discussion about mental health but I am happy to oblige as that?s another passion of mine.
And to be clear I wasn?t responding to any of your comments.

I agree too about having both, which is why the V60 appeals to me much. It checks a lot of boxes, it?s quick (not fast), looks great and it?s practical. The B&W system is just icing on the cake.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #2748
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude I think you?re the one not getting it. No one said old Japanes cars are immature. We all said it?s the style cues that make ANY car appear immature.

I never said I bought my Lexus to offset my fun cars either. I just wanted a nice daily and heavily recommended a 13yr old Lexus as an option for anyone that felt like they needed a respectable daily. I just wanted AC blown on my buttcheeks via the seat ventilation.
I'm saying any car bought as anything beyond basic transportation, especially those that are 'status symbols' are immature.

And there's nothing wrong with that! We should just own up and say I bought this thing because I wanted it.

Outgrowing a car because you no longer enjoy it? Sure.

Outgrowing a car because somehow it is arbitrarily 'under' your maturity level? Not a real thing.

Boomers are out driving around in 1930's-60's hot rods with big flames on the sides & loud exhausts, that isn't really any different from an S14 with M Sports aero, SR and SSR Minerva. Neither is any more or less mature than the other, nor than a C63 AMG with its OEM ECU producing a bevy of fart noises on overrun.

That's all I'm saying. Exitspeed picked a bad word to frame things, he's already essentially expressed as much. That's the whole argument.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #2749
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
anyone who doesn't appreciate a luxury car needs to own a well-maintained w210 mercedes. e55 powertrain with a manual trans in a wagon with wald aero and te37's FMUF
Old 08-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #2750
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Should I daily drive a high maintenance racecar in my 30's? No, but I fucking want to.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:18 AM   #2751
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lol @ "racecar"
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #2752
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
End of an era

Parted out y VET 6 speed Z32 last week. Sold all the parts (kept all the VET parts for myself) in less than 3 days, and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30 AM (long story as, with no fault of the new buyer, the trailer lost the hitch.....so stayed up to make sure he made it here. Wrapped up at 2:45...up by 6:30....yeah I am dragging)

This is the first time in 14 years I have not owned a Nissan product

End of an era

Parted out y VET 6 speed Z32 last week. Sold all the parts (kept all the VET parts for myself) in less than 3 days, and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30 AM (long story as, with no fault of the new buyer, the trailer lost the hitch.....so stayed up to make sure he made it here. Wrapped up at 2:45...up by 6:30....yeah I am dragging)

End of an era

Parted out the VET Z32 and sold the shell last night. Part out started Monday, every part was sold within 3 days and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30AM (long story, but the gentleman lost the retaining pin for the hitch mount....yeah)

This is the first time in 14 years I haven't owned a Nissan product.

P.S The worked out VET head, the forged block, IM, turbo manifold and turbo are being stashed away, so I will be in hiding, but not gone. If a S15 pops up, I am holding those over for that
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #2753
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
lol @ "racecar"

Not a race car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #2754
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Not a race car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, cause that white evo that was posted is the same car u posted
Old 08-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #2755
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
End of an era

Congrats?! Lol been many times i thought of selln my s14 and moving on.. just couldnt/cant. Figured its $ already spent and gone. Not hurting anything just sitn there lol
Old 08-11-2020, 08:47 AM   #2756
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Congrats?! Lol been many times i thought of selln my s14 and moving on.. just couldnt/cant. Figured its $ already spent and gone. Not hurting anything just sitn there lol
I hear ya! I kinda liquidated for a seemingly simpler setup and just freed up cash
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #2757
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Serious question: would anyone build a 240 with today's prices and parts scarcity?

Quote:
lol @ "racecar"
Quote:
You're right, my Evo is not a racecar. It was a joke pivoting off of our previous discussion on societal pressures on anyone in their 30's and 40's that aren't driving mature and luxurious vehicles being seen as immature. Furthermore, if these people in these middle age brackets are seen driving something that vaguely resembles a racecar then they are perceived as driving a racecar to the vast majority of people that are not car enthusiasts. As you can imagine, this is a common situation for me and I was simply stating that I do not give a fuck.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:20 AM   #2758
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
No it?s not EXACTLY the same but it IS the same car. I?d definitely consider an Evo in ?racecar? territory. I mean they need very little to go from the white one to the one I posted.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #2759
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Serious question: would anyone build a 240 with today's prices and parts scarcity?

You're right, my Evo is not a racecar. It was a joke pivoting off of our previous discussion on societal pressures on anyone in their 30's and 40's that aren't driving mature and luxurious vehicles being seen as immature. Furthermore, if these people in these middle age brackets are seen driving something that vaguely resembles a racecar then they are perceived as driving a racecar to the vast majority of people that are not car enthusiasts. As you can imagine, this is a common situation for me and I was simply stating that I do not give a fuck.

I know it was a joke, i was responding jokingly...but exitspeed over here thinks its a f1 racecar
Old 08-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #2760
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
No it?s not EXACTLY the same but it IS the same car. I?d definitely consider an Evo in ?racecar? territory. I mean they need very little to go from the white one to the one I posted.

If u think a factory evo is a "racecar" then u fukn retarted

Sorry for the double post