Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cellphone browsing

Is it possible to make zilvia cell phone capatable and easier to read/load on cellphones? I have a blackberry and have seen a few cell friendly forums out there where its easier to browse from a mobile device. I'm on my blackberry right now, so I can access and post it's just really difficult to navigate b/c of the tables and layout of the forum. Just a suggestion I guess since we're in the mobile age.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.operamini.com/
Old 02-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Yea I've tried OperaMini and it def helps formatting but it's very very slow even in EDGE compared to Blackberry OS brower and it's not fun when every text box you want to fill in you have to open a new window and type what you want. Any other suggestions?!? Thanks DB
Old 02-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Loads fine on my Sprint phone, much faster than the stock browser. Was really just playing around when I installed it. Really only use it for movie times and wikipedia battles. Don't see a need to surf it on the phone everyday.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I check the site occassionally using IE running on Windows Mobile 5 on my Cingular 2125, but I'm mainly doing it to make sure the site is running.

We will look into WAP once we have completed all the upgrades and transition.

Just an FYI - I completed the banner ad software migration yesterday, so you shouldn't see anymore banner errors or timeouts occurring. We are now working on the transition and migration of vBulletin, once that's been migrated we can upgrade to the latest version.

-Bob
Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I use my IE browser on my WM5

works fine for me
Old 02-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Works great on my Cingular 8125....now I'm on zilvia all the time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF

We will look into WAP once we have completed all the upgrades and transition.

Sweet!! I'll be doing a premie subscription soon to help things out very soon!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
snatch13
Zilvia Addict

snatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean350z
Yea I've tried OperaMini and it def helps formatting but it's very very slow even in EDGE compared to Blackberry OS brower and it's not fun when every text box you want to fill in you have to open a new window and type what you want. Any other suggestions?!? Thanks DB
Thats probably because EDGE sucks donkey balls. I used to have that... slowest internet ever. Unless they've upgraded it in the last 6 months.

I've never had a problem loading zilvia on my 700w with IE.
snatch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
EDVO > EDGE. Anyday.

I use google first, then browse Zilvia, cuz its all text-based with little to no imagery. Pretty zippy.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
EDVO > EDGE. Anyday.
UMTS (3G) > EDVO > EDGE

Of course Colorado won't be upgraded to 3G until September/October, so until then I'm stuck with EDGE