Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #391
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
help!!!

i need some help with tire size. (f)18x12 (r)18x14.
what size tires should i run for that sick strecth look with out really over doing it...
?
jdFKNmVRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #392
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
265/35/18 front

295/35/18 rear

I'm just guessing...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #393
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
on 12's i would say 295 and on the 14's i would say 315
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #394
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eds13
what size overfenders are you running?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #395
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
18x14 wow haha
kevtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #396
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eds13 View Post
what size overfenders are you running?
unless he got blister kit, must be doing some custom overfender/bondo, molding work!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #397
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
hed to bitch out and raise the car for no more rub

Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #398
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
WOW! what is the offset on the 14's????your gonna spend a lot of money on tires for that shit and in my opinon dont make sense u could have 10's and 12's with more of a lip and less of a dent in the pocket..but who knows maybe u had ur heart set on 14's.........................just saw u live in hawaii me 2 YAY!!!!!!!!! even more so u gonna be fucked buying tires
FIlthy 24O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #399
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
protip:
If he bought 14 inch wide wheels, he can probably afford the tires to fit them
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #400
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
fuck i don't know about the 14's, thats overdoing it. My 18X13's stuck out past gleb's 50mm's. Your def gonna need koguchi 70mm or something along those lines.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #401
s-onefive

s-onefive is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, could someone help me out and tell me the offset of the above car please?

cheers
s-onefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM   #402
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^^ high res wallpaper please
Old 11-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #403
s-onefive

lol, i wish i had one i was told that these pics are taken for a magazine company.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #404
yoteru
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
yoteru is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how do you go low in the front of s13?

i have a problem with the tire hitting the top of the wheel well. not the fender, but the top of the wheel well. i have already hammered the seam flat, relocated the harness, but it hits the top under cornering.
i see lots of guys tucking tire, but i cant lower it that much without losing my cornering ability...is there a fix for this? i would like to go lower.
i am running a 17x9 +12 front with 235-40 tire.
any advice would be helpful.
yoteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #405
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-onefive View Post
lol, i wish i had one i was told that these pics are taken for a magazine company.
photographers website

http://www.jdmotophotography.com/index.html
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #406
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteru View Post

i have a problem with the tire hitting the top of the wheel well. not the fender, but the top of the wheel well. i have already hammered the seam flat, relocated the harness, but it hits the top under cornering.
i see lots of guys tucking tire, but i cant lower it that much without losing my cornering ability...is there a fix for this? i would like to go lower.
Did you remove your fender liner?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #407
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
Another pic i found

bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #408
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:

You gotta hammer your wheel well where it rubs.

I'm tucking the top of the tires on my 225/45/17 and no rubbing issues yet.

For reference I'm running KBee coils and I removed one of the collars. Pics later today.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #409
lbsam
Zilvia Member

lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
s-onefive,

I found a thread where u might get help, posted below..
lbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #410
lbsam
Zilvia Member

lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-onefive View Post

hi, could someone help me out and tell me the offset of the above car please?

cheers
you might get better results on this thread:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=122134
lbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #411
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Quote:

you may need to run a coil-over thats stiffer, so it won't compress so much to rub the wheel well
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #412
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
^^^ or use a bigger hammer.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #413
s-onefive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsam View Post
you might get better results on this thread:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=122134
hey, thanks for the reply

yes, i did try that thread but got told off for asking about offsets,and fitting.

so thats why i decided to try on this thread.

thanks for your help thou!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #414
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Quote:

You can't really go too low on an s13 without rubbing up top. To get more clearance you have to go with lower pro tires.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #415
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:

Agreed with Flybert.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #416
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

do 225/35 tires
hope that helps

we need to see more SPECS! too much people just postin pics without SPECS!
wisDOMination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #417
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:

Definitely need a shorter tire to get low on an S13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN View Post
You gotta hammer your wheel well where it rubs.

I'm tucking the top of the tires on my 225/45/17 and no rubbing issues yet.

For reference I'm running KBee coils and I removed one of the collars. Pics later today.
Damn that's a tall fuckin' tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
You can't really go too low on an s13 without rubbing up top. To get more clearance you have to go with lower pro tires.
Most definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideitsideways View Post
do 225/35 tires
hope that helps

we need to see more SPECS! too much people just postin pics without SPECS!
This is what I'm running. 225/35/18 on an 18x9 +5 up front. Definitely much shorter. When I switched from the 225/40 that I was running, I had the coils set to where the were not rubbing, but just barely. When I put the 225/35 on, the car came down some because of the shorter tire, then I dropped it another 5 threads on the coils.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #418
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
He has 17's. His only option is a grippy 215/40/17 if he wants to maintain grip or a 245/35/17 FK452. Or you can run a tire that comes with less tread depth. According to Federal's website, the RS's come new with 8/32 tread depth and a height of 24.1" which is real short for a 235/40/17. This is the tire I plan on running up front next year on my track car. Hankook RS-2 come with less tread depth as well. Federal RS seems like the best bet though at 24.1". I've heard they are grippy as hell too. Just putting my nail into the tires you can tell that they are damn soft.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #419
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
He has 17's. ......................

............ Federal RS seems like the best bet though at 24.1". I've heard they are grippy as hell too. Just putting my nail into the tires you can tell that they are damn soft.

Didn't realize that. Shoulda read a little more... LOL.

Yeah, I've heard the RS is sticky as shit. Let me know when you run em. I'm curious how sticky. And how much life you get out of them on the front.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #420
Team Aero-K
Zilvia Junkie

Team Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant future
Work XD9s 17X9.5 +17 all around on 30mm wide Origin rear fenders
Tires: 225/45/17 all around