Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
DSMNerd6889

Trader Rating: (0)
DSMNerd6889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR ? about ps/ac in sr swapped sohc chassis

okay, sorry about the newbness of this question, but I've search and haven't gotten a clear answer. When I swap in the dohc ps stuff do I use the sr's mounting bracket or the dohc ka one? Also, I which bracket would I use for the a/c compressor? Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.
DSMNerd6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
For the power steering you will have to use all the DOHC lines from the steering rack to the pump as well as the reservoir... The SR and DOHC KA ones are the same... The SOHC is completely different and the reservoir is even on the wrong side... But the steering racks themselves are the same...

As for the AC you need to make a custom bracket to hold the SOHC AC compressor onto the SR... If you had a newer 240, the DOHC AC compressor would have bolted on (I think one bolt might not match up)... Maybe someone was selling these brackets or you can fab one up pretty easily...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
DOHC KA P/S pump mounts to SR bracket.

DOHC KA A/C comp. will somewhat fit on the SR bracket. 3 of the 4 bolts line up. You're gonna need to use some washers on the top bolts so the pulleys line up.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
DSMNerd6889

DSMNerd6889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool... now that I know what I need I can start getting my stuff together... maybe if I'm lucky, I'll have a/c by winter! lol... thanks again for the help guys.
DSMNerd6889 is offline   Reply With Quote