Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #31
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturboextreme View Post
Damn that thing is clean. This is a good change of scenery from the typical fuckery around here.

Thanks man. It's not going to be anything gnarly. Just a clean chassis with good quality parts. My SR will be a monument to reliability...so I'm sure it will be boring to most guys here haha. Got the invoice for my last big order from Japan. Gonna be cool!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #32
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Just sent the payment for my last big surge of things from Japan. Stateside I need to handle the following things:

PBM Cobra Flex
S13 RUCA (Battle Version or SPL)

I'm not gonna lie, spending money like this doesn't feel good. I'm going to be taking it easy for a while after this.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #33
dizzariot
Post Whore!

So it's been a while since I've logged on. Here's what's in the works:

Japan:
Works9 Dual Tip Exhaust or "Otsuka Wind Eardrum Breaker"
Carbing F/R Strut Bars
Koito Headlamps

Stateside:
-PBM just sold out of their Cobra Flex Downpipes...gotta wait until they get their next shipment at the end of the month.
-Battle Version RUCA are in but I need a day off to pick them up!

I just finished up a 3 week training course via the Navy. Now that I'm going back to me regular schedule I'm sure I'll be able to do things a little more routinely.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:42 AM   #34
dizzariot
Post Whore!

While I'm waiting for my other parts I'm obviously getting pretty bored. Today I decided to pull the tint off my quarter glass. I was too fucking impatient to scrub off all the residue left behind and thankfully my wife was kind enough to give me a hand. I threw on my OEM Nissan plastic-louver-things and I love how they look.

My Legend of One-Eighty Drift Tengoku magazines showed up as well. Koguchi gold, but a lot of cars in the countdown belong in the 'You're Doing It Wrong' thread without a doubt.

...and here's my bulldog sunbathing while I clean up.

I'm gonna order the replacement accent stripes for the F/R bumpers and my driver's side door. I think a good wax this weekend will prolong the OEM paint's life a bit longer. I guess I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs until my order ships from Japan...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #35
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Always loved a clean white s13 . Subbed!
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #36
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I've put in all this effort thus far and I'm starting to feel defeated...like this isnt the right time to be doing this. I might put the car up for sale...but at a price I can live with. What I'm trying to say is this:

I think I'm ready to walk away from cars altogether but only if the price is right.

More to follow.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #37
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I've put in all this effort thus far and I'm starting to feel defeated...like this isnt the right time to be doing this. I might put the car up for sale...but at a price I can live with. What I'm trying to say is this:

I think I'm ready to walk away from cars altogether but only if the price is right.

More to follow.
I was a little upset to be honest with you when I first read this but now I understand. I too gave up and sold my S13 because I was tired of seeing where they are all ending up these days. Very few people care to do things correctly anymore, this is why I was following your build. In my opinion it was very refreshing to see what you were going for and not another fucking #driftlifebrohooniganbroslammedbrobrobro build. Anyways I understand feeling defeated and wanting to walk away completely, but take it from me I sold my car and found out 2 weeks later that it was totaled by the dickhead I sold it to. A lot of time and money I wasted on that car just to have it #hoonibruuuuuuhhh'd into a wall.

Anyways I wish you the best with whatever you decide but I know for me I was kicking myself for selling my car and seeing what it became.

By the way you should feel special. I hate typing and this is the longest post I have ever typed I think.
mrturboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #38
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was a little upset to be honest with you when I first read this but now I understand. I too gave up and sold my S13 because I was tired of seeing where they are all ending up these days. Very few people care to do things correctly anymore, this is why I was following your build. In my opinion it was very refreshing to see what you were going for and not another fucking #driftlifebrohooniganbroslammedbrobrobro build. Anyways I understand feeling defeated and wanting to walk away completely, but take it from me I sold my car and found out 2 weeks later that it was totaled by the dickhead I sold it to. A lot of time and money I wasted on that car just to have it #hoonibruuuuuuhhh'd into a wall.

Anyways I wish you the best with whatever you decide but I know for me I was kicking myself for selling my car and seeing what it became.

By the way you should feel special. I hate typing and this is the longest post I have ever typed I think.
Thanks man. I really mean it. I'm happy that you and the guys commenting in the FS thread (at the time of my typing this) can see what I've done and what I intend(ed) to do. This chassis isn't meant to be a full blown racecar unless you've got the coin. I am by no means wealthy, but I do try to plan and budget for the 'good stuff'. I'd rather do it right the first time and be done with it. That being said, I was going for simple and reliable. No gnarly HP and flashy aero. I want(ed) to make it a 'double-take' kind of deal: you look once and think 'Oh that's nice' but when you look again you see all the little things that are there.

If I sell this one then I'm done for good. Partly because I've done it too many times before but mainly because I don't want to see what happens to it. Part of me wants to believe that if someone pays the full asking they'd be the type of person to maintain and preserve it.

I guess I just feel selfish. Doing it the 'right way' is costly and it's not fair to my wife. We're a team, and only my half of the team has an expensive vice. If this thing goes then her 2005 Forester will shortly follow and we'll go grab a new Subaru Crosstrek XV. I'm sure I'll throw some Volks on it but it will be a brand new, reliable, warranty-covered car that her and I can enjoy.

I doubt it will sell, though. I just have to find the willpower to leave it as-is if I end up sitting on it. I'll do the maintenance, but I can't keep myself out of the FS thread and off YAJ. I'm a sucker for rare, OEM parts.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #39
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Very understandable and also awesome of you as a husband. Well like I said I wish you the best and hope your car goes to a good home.

But I am selfish and expect a full build thread for the Subaru if you get it. No exceptions.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #40
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Fuck.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #41
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Very understandable and also awesome of you as a husband. Well like I said I wish you the best and hope your car goes to a good home.

But I am selfish and expect a full build thread for the Subaru if you get it. No exceptions.
It will end with wheels lol. I'd probably still lend my smartass comments to this forum, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Fuck.

I doubt it will sell, and there are still things that are paid for/money is allocated for that needs to be done like...I even found something awesome that I'm picking up on Monday. Like, super awesome.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #42
cgs13

Trader Rating: (0)
cgs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car looks amazing! I've got a buddy that needs to read this post. He has his heart set on an E90 M3 and is having a hard time finding exactly what he wants. I keep on telling him not to settle. Hopefully, this thread will help.
cgs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #43
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Quote:
It will end with wheels lol. I'd probably still lend my smartass comments to this forum, though.
I approve.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #44
Arrowking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Arrowking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sad to see that you're abandoning this project. I'm trying to do the same with my S13, but like you said seeing all these abused and trashed cars be drifted to pieces is disheartening. It definitely wears on you. I hope you can find a way to keep the car and keep the family happy!
Arrowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:15 PM   #45
kevinzhou
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kevinzhou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hurts my feelings
Old 03-31-2015, 08:52 AM   #46
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why does people trashing their cars make you want to give up on your own car? Doesn't make sense to me.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 PM   #47
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Why does people trashing their cars make you want to give up on your own car? Doesn't make sense to me.
I was the one that made that comment. dizzariot just wants to focus on more important things right now.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #48
dizzariot
Post Whore!

No one has been making serious offers on the car but I expected as much. I'm still moving forward with the parts that I alotted money for:

Battle Version RUCA - Purchased
Works 9, Koito Replacement Headlights - In Transit
Carbing F/R Bars - Carbing

...and now it looks like I'll be tackling the exhaust leak this upcoming Monday. I'll be trying to set time aside for new subframe bushings.

The slop in my rear end is ridiculous.

That's what she said.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #49
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
(secretly hopes no one buys it so you can keep doing cool stuff to it)
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #50
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can I buy it and make you keep building it anyways lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #51
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
(secretly hopes no one buys it so you can keep doing cool stuff to it)
I do to...but this is as close to 'growing up' as I get: put car for sale and if the right price comes along, quit cold turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can I buy it and make you keep building it anyways lol.
^YESSSSSSS^...but you have to pay me labor...so I'll essentially get the car back for free.

So I don't know who's been reading my posts closely but I picked up my 'cool thing' today: an S13 Dart Izumi exhaust.

PROS: Dart Izumi, y0.
CONS: Shitty welds on the hangers, leaks around said shitty welds, needs polish.

...I'm still dreading the subframe bushing install. Fuck. I don't want to do it again
Old 04-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #52
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Quote:
...I'm still dreading the subframe bushing install. Fuck. I don't want to do it again
I replaced subframe bushings one time......ONE FUCKING TIME.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #53
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I replaced subframe bushings one time......ONE FUCKING TIME.
...aaaaaand as much as I don't ever want to do this again I'm contemplating polyurethane bushings lol. I'm a glutton for punishment.

So my S14 Works9 exahust showded up and it's already on the marketplace. It seems like a shame to let it go so fast but the Dart Izumi has been taken to have the welds repaired. I'm also have this old hot-rod shop polish it out for me. I'm excited but torn between these two either way. Both will require a custom mid-pipe since the DI is only an axle-back and the Works9 is for an S14. The latter will require modification to the hangers as well. First world dilemmas, I'm sure.

Dart Izumi being left for operation:

I keep on hesitating to take awesome pictures of my car because it feels premature. Instead, I take these shitty teaser-esque pictures like my shit is something mind-boggling:

My wife and I have had our talks about the car. I might take the FS thread down and ad something to my signature about the car 'always' being available for the right price. Until then there's plenty of work to be done.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #54
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping it. I'm giving it until the end of this month, though. Other areas of my life have been very unpleasant lately but I've had a lot of alone time with my wife to talk about things. I might be dodging the baby bullet for now.

Canadian manual seatbellts picked up.
PBM Cobra Flex downpipe picked up.
Subframe bushings ordered.
Carbing bars on the way from Japan finally.

Now I need to call Nissan and get new bolts for my RUCA. I always replace the nuts/bolts when I install suspension components.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #55
kevinzhou
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kevinzhou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im in love with the 16s looking for wantanbes after i get all my aero
Old 04-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #56
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinzhou View Post
im in love with the 16s looking for wantanbes after i get all my aero
What! Dude I fucking HAD Watanabes you could bought lol. 16s are the way to go in S13s. 17s for S14s.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #57
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Motherfucker. It's things like this that ruin my fucking day:

I'm fucking done for the day.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #58
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Well my car is (relatively) off the market. I showed it to one guy and we talked for a long time. It was nice to see someone notice all the little things I've done thus far and have them be legitimately impressed. It's a good feeling. Since I don't do the whole 'meet' thing it's not a feeling I'm used to.

On my way home from an obnoxious fucker in a shitty FRS did a fly-by. Dirty, exhaust sounded like shit, 18x10 wheels, '86/hachiroku' stickers, and it was all on stock power. Please, tell me why you need 18x10 wheels under stock power.

Anywho, it made me happy that I don't own one anymore. I enjoyed my cruise home at 45mph. Still need those fucking subframe bushings and an alignment, though.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #59
flatblack90
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
flatblack90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just picked up an another s13 and in need of subframe bushing badly and alignment, I will pay you or anyone here to do i.

P.S where did you order those plastic louvers
flatblack90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #60
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Motherfucker. It's things like this that ruin my fucking day:

I'm fucking done for the day.
LMAO!!!!! when I researched on this seatbelt swap I told my self not to forget to get the JDM/Canadian headliner.... then I bought the seatbelts from my friend and didn't come with the headliner. I didn't realize it until I was installing them. Got so pissed I didn't work on the car for a few weeks.

Love your car minus the 16s. Never been a fan of super baby sized wheels lol but looks great. I'd buy those louvers if I wasn't set on painting the car