Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #31
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Great build! Looking forward to seeing it progress. Your garage looks more like a laboratory than a garage - very jealous.

(Ignore the idiots)
Old 01-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #32
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninocrack View Post
Maybe I don´t explain very well, I´m not very good talking in english...
No, man. Your English is very good! Keep it up! Most people here are too ignorant to realize that sarcasm/slang doesn't work well when talking to a non-native English speaker.

There's probably a lot of guys on here who speak Spanish. If you're feeling lazy, just write a post in Spanish. Someone else can translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
(Ignore the idiots)
THIS!!!!

Keep up the excellent build!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 AM   #33
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ninocrack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks guys for the comments and the support

Another weekend working. 2 days cleaning&welding and looks like we have do nothing

pffffff

more pfffffff

the ARC IC looks very great

welding the chasis

I hope to end the cleaning stage soon and start with the rollcage

next weekend more!!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #34
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
You're making great progress!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Expensive project with quality parts. Good luck and thx for sharing.. Serious bizz right here!
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #36
nyc240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
nyc240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
nice project
nyc240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #37
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ignore the idiots who dont understand what a functional car is. These are just kids on the hellaflush trend that hang out in grocery store parking lots late at night.

Your build is amazing, keep it up! Loving the progress! What camber settings are you running for track events?
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #38
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

thanks guys

With my old s14 for drift I always use -4,5 of front camber and -0,5 rear camber and a littel extra toe or sometimes rear 0 toe, but we will cut the front wheel arches and will make it new and bigger, so I guess we will try more negative camber at front, something like -5 or more,and extra castor at front. Rear, with the new HP and the other upgrades we don´t know yet, but I´m pretty sure I will use near 0 camber and near 0 toe or 0 toe.

The car go towed to the track so it´s no problem use massive negative front camber and it´s better for drift
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #39
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
awesome, build! is their a drift series in spain? (something like formula d or d1 grand prix)
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #40
RaVeNouS14
Leaky Injector

RaVeNouS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice, are cars in spain all rhd?
RaVeNouS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #41
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
awesome, build! is their a drift series in spain? (something like formula d or d1 grand prix)
yes, there is a driftings series in spain. Last two years has been like a friends meeting in a track, with no a lot of spectators, but now a new guy it´s managing the series and he get national tv coverage for this year, so we expect the sponsors start supporting the sports here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVeNouS14 View Post
Nice, are cars in spain all rhd?
all the cars here in Spain are LHD cars, my s14 it´s LHD like all other cars in the country, except Skylines and other imports who never has been sell it in thecountry. In fact we are planning to change the steering wheel of the s15, because we will fit a new pedal box so it´s no problem to fitted everywhere we want. We think It will be the first LHD 2JZ s15 in the world
Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #42
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninocrack View Post

all the cars here in Spain are LHD cars, my s14 it´s LHD like all other cars in the country, except Skylines and other imports who never has been sell it in thecountry. In fact we are planning to change the steering wheel of the s15, because we will fit a new pedal box so it´s no problem to fitted everywhere we want. We think It will be the first LHD 2JZ s15 in the world
I'm at work so I can't double check but I'm sure I had seen a LHD swap in one of my Drift Tengokus'
Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #43
autoaesthetica

autoaesthetica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to autoaesthetica
Can't wait to see how this finishes up, just gorgeous. 2 Thumbs up for quality fab and build.

Mike Fortunato
Auto Aesthetica - Supply and Finish Care
Meguiar's | Optimum | Finish Kare | CarPro | AutoGlos | Einszett | AutoMagic | Collinite and many more..

Tel : (716)860-6366
[email protected]
Supplies: www.autoaesthetica.com - Will be back running full speed shortly
Amherst and Buffalo NY auto detailing services

Facebook | Twitter
autoaesthetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #44
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm at work so I can't double check but I'm sure I had seen a LHD swap in one of my Drift Tengokus'
was it 2jz also like he is mentioning. What part of Spain is this my grandparents are from sevilla
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #45
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
was it 2jz also like he is mentioning. What part of Spain is this my grandparents are from sevilla
we both -hot lap motorsports and me- are from near barcelona
Old 01-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
dominic52

dominic52 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome car!
dominic52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #47
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

thanks guys!

Ok, more work this weekend!

we have finally finished the car's interior -clean, spot weld and everything out-

this box contains some of the unnecessary brackets

waiting for the material for wheel tubs, boot, arches

some little test before turn the car

let´s see the lower side

cleaning & spot welding the under side

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #48
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
VERY NICE!!! My god! That is amazing, I would love to have something be able to flip the chassis like that... Great work!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #49
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

thaks guys

lower side finished! next weekend the interior and start with the pedal box and the other staff

Charly with the wiring, he is a patient guy and says that with the workshop manual no problem, If I have to doit myself I would become crazy.

Simon cutting the unnecesary lips and finishing the spot welding

clean and finished

finally, a well-deserved meal for all of us

Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Yeah I checked over the weekend, and it's in there. There's also a article up on Nori Yaro...

NORIYARO » YOU’VE JUST BEEN TANAKA’ED: Free Craft S15 Silvia
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #51
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
damn... that is one hell of a shop your working in. on another note should be putting my 2j in soon comes in friday.
pandaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #52
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Seriously... only Zilvia does a 650 hp track car get trashed on because it doesn't have some stupid hellaflush fitment and a widebody.

Newsflash guys - hellaflush camber is NOT fast. You also can't actually drive a car fast that will rub on only an inch or two of bump travel.

It looks like this car is being built for track usage - there are different requirements like actually making the car corner well and go quickly vs. looking cool for all the other 16 yr olds hanging out in a WalMart parking lot...

Thank you Def...before I had to say anything lol
Old 02-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #53
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
thats some awesome seam welding! keep up the great work...also, im jealous of the shop you guys are working in hah so nice!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #54
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
There's probably a lot of guys on here who speak Spanish. If you're feeling lazy, just write a post in Spanish. Someone else can translate.

Keep up the excellent build!
um no dude!This is a english based website and not fair to others that read it who dont speak spanish for him to write it in spanish,Would it be fair if half the people wrote threads in cambodian?Hell naw its bad enough everything I see driving down the road is in spanish when I live in america and its BS the viets/cambo's/germans/russians etc come here and they learn english and so can spanish speaking individuals,same goes for zilvia since its english based,Quit being lazy and learn english if you dont like it.I never come in here and flame and I'm not really flaming you I'm just saying its not fair to others to start speaking in random languages that most zilvians cant read.

BTW very nice build and uber jelous of such a mean car.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #55
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I want a chassis rotisserie. *Jealous*
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #56
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
um no dude!This is a english based website and not fair to others that read it who dont speak spanish for him to write it in spanish,Would it be fair if half the people wrote threads in cambodian?Hell naw its bad enough everything I see driving down the road is in spanish when I live in america and its BS the viets/cambo's/germans/russians etc come here and they learn english and so can spanish speaking individuals,same goes for zilvia since its english based,Quit being lazy and learn english if you dont like it.I never come in here and flame and I'm not really flaming you I'm just saying its not fair to others to start speaking in random languages that most zilvians cant read.

BTW very nice build and uber jelous of such a mean car.
Bro, he is from Spain. He was getting flack from our generally ignorant community for is imperfect English. I gave him credit for being brave enough to share in a second language.

Keep up the awesome build.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #57
sflzenki.
Leaky Injector

sflzenki. is an unknown quantity at this point
i think id cry if this thing got put into a wall
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #58
ninocrack
Leaky Injector

thanks guys

well, more work this wekend and more updates

the new tilton pedal box looks amazing

Simon welding the new & custom subframe pillar mounts

Using the old ones like reference to fit the news

Inside

Here you can see the oem pillar mounts vs the new ones

Another one finished

All the new pillar subframe mounts with their bar fitted, welded and finished

The final work looks great

Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #59
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Damn this is going to be AMAZING!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #60
Dorifto87

Dorifto87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow Nino!!!

I can only say one thing... cabronazo!!! xD

Nice build man, I suppose that the new subframe mounts are going to be solded to the roll cage for strengthen the chasis, right???
Dorifto87 is offline   Reply With Quote