Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #61
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html

Last edited by Om1kron; 01-27-2009 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: consolidating to blogspot.
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #62
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I hate wiring.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #63
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
who doesn't!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #64
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Jeff Jordan.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #65
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Jeff Jordan.
Well he likes audio shit, which requires a passion for wire's and sweet installs. He's doing all types of crazy shit to his car for his application to west coast custom's right jefe! lol
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #66
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

He's no jefe. He's a homo! So is his car! I seen it...

So when you taking off my wing?
Old 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #67
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
He's no jefe. He's a homo! So is his car! I seen it...

So when you taking off my wing?
hey hey hey watch your tongue, if I wanted some lip I would've unzipped my pants! hold tight! The wing will come off when the roof is cut off and the windows get pulled. Not necessarily in that order.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Pff, it wasnt for you. It was for jeff.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #69
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Hahahaha. I just Lol'd so hard.

I wired my wipers according to that guide that's up somewhere, and it didn't work for me. I guess the plugs for are different for 1995 wiper motors (same colors though). Now I'm just having fun with running stuff behind the dash since I pulled most of my body harness out.

I totally rewired that lower harness and fuse box nonsense, I think you'll end up hacking it up no matter what just because of the difference in how the S14 KA and S13 SR do their lower harnesses.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #70
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i'll push your shit in!!!

LOL!!!!!!!! Pushin shit in, one homie at a time...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #71
Om1kron
Post Whore!

what up blood!!! lol

Man I can never go to LA ever again...

courtesy of Azndoc!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #72
stiizy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^ Those are fucking hot
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #73
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
DAMN JimmyTango's wheels got crimson'd! I'm soooo curious to see how these look on the car!!!

PS - it's Long Beach and parts of Altadena/Pasadena you want to stay away from =P

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #74
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
DAMN JimmyTango's wheels got crimson'd! I'm soooo curious to see how these look on the car!!!

PS - it's Long Beach and parts of Altadena/Pasadena you want to stay away from =P
These volks used to belong to jimmy tango? I thought he owned works.. I dunno why everyone thinks these are vs-xx lol
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #75
Om1kron
Post Whore!

12-10-2008... more wiring

Alright, since i'm a visual learner and I need to find out what the fuck everything is and where it's going I decided on the bright idea of taking the harness and laying it down in the engine bay so I can mark all of the sensors. I have this nice diagram on how to lay the harness out (for cleanliness and nothing more.)

This is a scan of a print out I have, so please don't ask for a better picture lol.

Basically I checked off what I found, everything else at the moment seems to be a mystery. I apparently don't and never did have an eccs plug on my harness, and well I have a couple of other problems at the moment... I don't think they're that major as I have a spare harness I can use for extra connectors and what not. And I still have everything on my s13 in case I need to pull plugs, since I do believe I cut stuff from a relax box on that car to pull the harness due to janky wiring.

So here is my AIT (Air Intake Temperature) wires, which if I am correct this plugs into the downpipe elbow on the back end of the turbo, which has a bolt holding a penny in place. Apparently that is some trick to block that plug as it's not used and was not used before on my engine.

They kept the wires in-tact, but if I am not using this system I may remove it from the ecu pin back. Doesn't look like it was tied into a relay for signal, I'll read up more on this later.

Um, and this gem is my power steering wire, wonder where the fuck the plug for this is *shrugs*

much less why in the hell was it extended....

Oh I found out what the mystery plug was.... ghetto fan controller and gm/ford fan and shroud on the big radiator. I may re-do this wiring or just buckle down and get a fan speed controller and do this over from scratch, cause that shit is not going on my car.

Now to lay the harness out. I took out my passenger seat, and wow there is a shitload of room under the dash, you could stuff some illegals in here comfortably, I dunno weather to move my fuse box up in here or to install a cot.

Alright, F3 plug inserted where it goes, separating the wires for tidyness and to make my headache a little less annoying with that plug.

F7 and F9 plugs in place and doing the wires up where they should junction and then run back to the power plug.

Alright, got that ziptied up for later.

See, not so intimidating now that it's all in place, just need to start splicing and dicing.

Since I was pulling this mess apart to see what is what, it still boggles my mind why in the fuck the knock sensor wire is almost 5 feet long when it's one of the first things that you can plug up straight from the grommet, and already has that stupid extension from the knock sensor itself... going to have to make this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY shorter.

Barf....

Alright, I cannot fault the guy for electrical enginuity here... but honestly. I think I found my power steering plug, my ac plug I'll have to re-wire, and probably another accessory plug I couldn't find earlier.

Hrmn... I'm stumped and kinda need my ignition chip and ecu, time to head over to the rents to go treasure hunting on my s13, guess I should snag those solid motor mounts while i'm here...

ugh...

Godamn drift cars... (note to self, run engine under covers on both cars. I am not going to enjoy cleaning that shit. But needless to say the motor mount thing fell short once I realized that the bolts were stripped, I seriously thought I had knocked it loose, and instead I just I was just running my wrench along the round part for 5 minutes like an idiot... lol Now I remember why I bought stripped bolt removers... mine are stripped on the s14 too. Apparently this is a problematic bolt to get back on your car. (when you don't tq it to factory spec and over-tighten aka strip it.)

And yeah while i'm talking about bolts, all of the bolts on my exhaust manifold are different, and the washers are all different sizes or doubled up home depot washers, that kind of bothers me, then I looked at new bolt and stud and washer kits... 150 bucks... yeah it doesn't bother me that much anymore. *sigh*

*shudder* I forgot I have to take you apart too... I just want to drive already, does anyone else feel like this when they have project car's or a CAR!

welp time to leave quasimoto, and head back over to the house and call it a night.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #76
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

is that ECU obd1?

If so, gimme that shit too.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #77
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
is that ECU obd1?

If so, gimme that shit too.
The SR20 ECU maybe... I dunno much about them emissions wise since my sr20 doesn't have emissions shit on it.

The KA24DE on the other hand was from my 240sx which is a 96 buddy, it has 2 02 sensors so that should answer your question about emissions. I'm doing a full egr removal on that car as well.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #78
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

USELESS!!

What the hell happened to the roof of your car?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #79
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
UGHhh..Wiring gives me flashbacks.

...I hate wiring. and know more about it than i ever cared to.
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #80
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
USELESS!!

What the hell happened to the roof of your car?
It's higher up in the build thread... but the link I provided for the roof swap is only viewable to members of vrt...

In a nutshell the car is a base model that did not come with a sunroof, one of the original owners of the car took it to some shop down in san diego that does sun roof installs on cars that didn't come with them...

so they hacked up the roof and put in a sun roof...

down the line jdm ricer boy got a hold of the car and had the roof plugged and a shitty unsafe job done to it, lathered 2 gallons of bondo on the roof to cover up the bad welding job where they warped the roof skin panel.

then fast forward, I buy the car and wash it...

downhill from there.

water got in the bondo somehow, the bondo then separated from the metal and started to spider, and just started breaking, so I sat with a chisel and chipped a majority of it off to see how bad it was, and just buckled down and bought a new roof skin from nissan and all of the brackets yada ya. If I knew Crimson Rockett was going to buy an s14 and butcher the fuck out of it I would've saved my money and got that roof skin off of him. =(

oh well.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #81
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

that blows.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #82
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
that blows.
QFT.

I like "your printout" up there. Credit where credit's due, I'm glad it's helped ya. Remember to keep track of how much wire you add/take out for future harnesses!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #83
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
QFT.

I like "your printout" up there. Credit where credit's due, I'm glad it's helped ya. Remember to keep track of how much wire you add/take out for future harnesses!

lol thanks, for the cell phone picture of your guide, it was pretty helpful in finding stuff and then going WTF! lol the color guide helped a lot too for the sensors I couldn't find.

15 isn't used on the motor though, and 12... is that a boost controller you installed, i don't happen to have that plug on mine.

I know my motor is running 10lbs of boost so it may have a rom tune.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #84
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

No pics of wheels fitted yet?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #85
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
No pics of wheels fitted yet?
Due to funds they'll be chillin with Jack until next weekend. I wanted to pick them up this weekend but, I want to be able to eat until next wednesday and get to work lol.

I didn't think they would've had them done so fast, I just dropped them off two weeks ago.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #86
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Give Jack the roof wing when you go get them!

I see that fool regularly.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #87
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Give Jack the roof wing when you go get them!

I see that fool regularly.
Give jack some money for gas, lol you want free shit you get it. I'm not running a charity service. jerko!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #88
s14_mike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
s14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enoughs14_mike will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yo this is Mike you picked up the bumper support from me. If you're in the area and need the alignment tool for the clutch i think i might have one you could borrow and then just bring back whenever. Let me know or you know where my shop is.
s14_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #89
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

What?

Who said anything about free stuff?

Give him money for you for gas? Ok. Or I could paypal you money..

Geeze.. and I'M the jerko?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #90
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
What?

Who said anything about free stuff?

Give him money for you for gas? Ok. Or I could paypal you money..

Geeze.. and I'M the jerko?
lol oh now you wanna give me some cash, "give me" something indicates you want it. "i'll buy that xx off of you if you dont want it" indicates you wanna buy something, not that I care either way or want to make a fuss, i'm just giving you shit cause i'm bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_mike View Post
yo this is Mike you picked up the bumper support from me. If you're in the area and need the alignment tool for the clutch i think i might have one you could borrow and then just bring back whenever. Let me know or you know where my shop is.
That would be real rad of you if you can find it, LMK!