Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
milehigh240

Trader Rating: (0)
milehigh240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to milehigh240
FS: 1995 240SX SE / RB25 Project Car

I will entertain any serious offer.

After two years of ownership and an amazing amount of blood, sweat, and tears, my life has taken enough unexpected turns that I am now looking to sell my project car. The vehicle is a 1995 Nissan 240SX SE with a factory viscous LSD, five-lug hubs, no ABS, and a clean Missouri title. I have the title on hand with no money owed on the car and the property tax up-to-date.

The car started out as a gold car but the previous owner had it painted dark gray / black metallic and added a 4 piece fiberglass body kit along with a rear wing. The side skirts and rear bumper are in good condition and the front bumper is decent...there are some rock chips and a crack in the lower chin of the front bumper.

Seeing as the car was going to be a drifter, I have heavily modified it - I stripped the car down and removed all of the sound deadening and tar vibration insulation, stripped all of the interior paint, and welded in a full 1.75" thick-wall chromoly, 10-point roll cage with Nascar style twin door bars. The doors and other body panels and glass fit perfectly with even gaps after all the welding was done so I know for sure that I didn't warp the frame. I also welded in full front wheel tubs and replaced the driver side front wheel arch support due to some rust. I think the driver side wheel tub will need a little modification to accommodate the turbo but it is not going to be difficult. It took me three months working on and off just to get all of the prep and welding done. I painted the interior, roll cage, and engine bay gloss black because I didn't have the time and money to send the full chassis out to be bead blasted and repainted...maybe you can do that?

Moving on, I replaced all of the suspension bushing with Hyperflex polyurethane ones and swapped out the rear sub-frame bushings with solid aluminum ones (remember this was going to be a drifter with lots of sideways action). The car also has new lower control arms up front and all of the ball joints, tie rods, boots, and steering rack bushings are new. Pretty much the only thing this car need suspension-wise is a set of coilovers and sway bars, unless you are really extreme and want to go with spherical joints etc.

The engine is where I spent an absurd amount of money. I had an RB25 engine and transmission shipped over from Japan ($2500) and have pretty much fully built it...I started by taking the transmission apart and inspecting the gears (no missing teeth), bearings (no grinding or sticking) and synchros. They all seemed to be in good shape...Skyline transmissions, like 300ZX ones, are generally pretty bullet proof. The clutch is an EXEDY twin plate with an integrated flywheel ($1200). As far as the engine goes I had all the machine work done by Phase 2 Machine in St. Louis including hot tanking the block and head etc., removing and replacing the freeze plugs, decking the head and block, boring and honing the cylinders using a custom torque plate that I spent 13 hours CNC machining, performing a 3 angle valve job, valve lash adjustment with brand new shims, filing the piston rings, and balancing the full rotating assembly. The short block has already been assembled and is mated to the transmission. All the bolts are torqued to spec using the factory blue-printing. The car has an R32 front cross-member with custom engine mounts and tranny mounts that position it low and center in the car (still at an angle though because of the transmission). The short block includes all new Nissan crank bearing, con-rod bearings, and thrust bearings, a new Nissan oil pan, Eagle forged H-beam con-rods with ARP 2000 bolts, and 86.5mm CP forged pistons with new pistons rings.

As far as building up the long block, I have a new Nissan water pump, N1 oil pump, full timing kit, and a Cometic 87mm triple metal layer head gasket. The head has Tomei cams, SuperTech intake and exhaust valves (the exhaust valves are Inconel), SuperTech dual valve springs, SuperTech solid lifters, and SuperTech shims. The head was entirely put together by the machine shop so everything is in perfect order. As far as other parts, I also have a real Greddy intake manifold, Greddy timing belt, Walbro 255 fuel pump (already installed along with the gas tank), oil filter relocation kit, oil cooler, NGK spark plugs, full OEM gasket set, VEMS stand-alone ECU with embedded ignitor chips, wide band O2 sensor, EGT sensor + bung, MAP sensor, Q45 throttle body, 1 fuel filter, 3 oil filters, and a Sparco Fighter racing seat with 240SX mounting bracket and slider.

Now, the truly exciting part of the deal is the turbo kit. I had Full Race package up a turbo kit for me ($6000) including a Full Race twin scroll exhaust manifold ($2300 by itself) with HPC heat coating, Borg Warner turbo with HPC heat coating (basically a GT-35R), back door style front mount intercooler with charge piping, 2x Tial 44mm wastegates, a Tial BOV, AN fittings and stainless steel lines for the turbo oil cooling, and a Marmon flange and clamp + T4 flange gasket. The twin scroll turbo spools ~500 rpm faster than a normal turbo and is ~750hp capable.

I have full documentation on all of my purchases including receipts and an ongoing excel spreadsheet outlining pretty much every penny I have spent....which amounts to almost $30,000 right now. The car and all the parts are currently in a storage facility (which I will not disclose unless you make a down-payment on purchasing the car). Pics are available if you are really interested. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions or comments!

- Richard
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
racerx2k1

Trader Rating: (0)
racerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/wheels-tires/109...-ask-pics.html