Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #1321
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Here's a little clip from last week.
this was a fun little tight skid pad check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcJsgQPzMQ
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #1322
slammed04tsx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
slammed04tsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really enjoyed reading alot of info on here alot to information to grasp along with stuff to try to improve.
slammed04tsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #1323
whyteboi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
whyteboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To all you guys that use the e-brake, what rear pads do you use. I'm looking for something to get better bite and lock up quicker. I was looking into getting the project mu d1 rears. Any thoughts?
whyteboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #1324
lbs_ft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
lbs_ft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyteboi View Post
To all you guys that use the e-brake, what rear pads do you use. I'm looking for something to get better bite and lock up quicker. I was looking into getting the project mu d1 rears. Any thoughts?
D1's are pricy, but there is nothing better if you want to straight up lock the rear wheels. I actually sold the set I had after one event because I had gotten so used to e-braking on regular pads, that switching to the D1's changed everything I had gotten accustomed to and threw me way off hahaha

I'm serious. You so much as think about touching the e-brake handle and the rear tires lock the fuck up.
lbs_ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #1325
whyteboi
Leaky Injector

That's the thing. I want them to lock quick but I'm not sure if I should drop the money on them or just get something else.
whyteboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #1326
lbs_ft
Zilvia Member

lbs_ft is an unknown quantity at this point
see if you can find a gently used set on here if you aren't willing to drop the money on a new set
lbs_ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #1327
imoverherre
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
imoverherre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I know it's a noob question but who drifts with out power steering or is it just me.....

And don't get me wrong I plan I putting it back on when I find the parts/ junkyards
imoverherre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1328
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoverherre View Post
I know it's a noob question but who drifts with out power steering or is it just me.....

And don't get me wrong I plan I putting it back on when I find the parts/ junkyards
It's not entertaining to drift without on a 240. Corolla dudes run manual racks. Pretty common.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #1329
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
Not a good idea.....
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #1330
whyteboi
Leaky Injector

I'm a weaksause so I need powersteering.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #1331
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
it's not even about being strong....it binds at full lock. when you cross "zero" it sticks. If you have shitty tires forget it.....

Anything slow sucks. If you are doing like 80mph drifts without dropping below 20mph...you are good.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #1332
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyteboi View Post
i ran all of last season on and off track, and the year before, with napa pads on an s13. both calipers worked right and the cable was tight but it does the job

if it bites too hard then you can't use it as much since it will throw you off, i prefer something that slows the rear down rather than completely stopping it, thats pretty much all you need to brake traction
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #1333
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
^Same. I'm using the cheapest pads from Napa, no issues here. I've thought about a hydro, but I don't "need" it yet, this works fine for me.

Driving at a local track tomorrow, I'll take some in car footage.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #1334
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Couple runs with the new set-up. Blew the t2 gasket on the way to the track, made it more difficult, but being aggressive really really helped. With the turbo spooling correctly for the next event, I shouldn't have any problems with it at all.

You can hear the clutch slip up top, I'm still having issues with that. With the gasket blown, it felt like I was fighting the car a bit as well.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #1335
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

zeebrah is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ maybe its just me but you need to chillax with your hands. initiate sooner and let it steer itself. or initiate sooner and give the wheel one throw and let it spin to lock and hold it there. looks like youre trying to have your hands on the wheel at all times thus somewhat slowing it down when spinning it. pretty good besides that and sick video. and track looks mad fun ^_^
Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #1336
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea lol, the combined complexity of the turbo gasket and a slipping clutch made it un- predictable. I was fighting the car. Thanks though!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #1337
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I move my hands all over the wheel. I don't really plan on changing it that much. It doesn't really hinder my driving that much. If it works for you than you don't have to change it.

Entry into 90's at MIR. on Vimeo
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #1338
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I move my hands all over the wheel. I don't really plan on changing it that much. It doesn't really hinder my driving that much. If it works for you than you don't have to change it.

That was pretty bad ass
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #1339
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

damn that was legit. i still cringe when i see so much hand action haha. but ya if it works then fuck ya stick to it
Old 05-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #1340
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Thanks,

I'm going to try to cut down at the next event and see how it is. I can probably do a little less. It might have to do with me needing a bucket seat too. lol
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #1341
tscharf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
tscharf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that video was pretty legit
tscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #1342
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
bucket seat
will make things a shit ton easier
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #1343
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
i try not to move my hands much,.. cuz in weird situations you end up fumbling over yourself i feel like.

but everyones different. I think gittin still drives with one hand..?...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyGQYq2AgtM
Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #1344
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

disregard music and lame editing haha..AND disregard its a slowass single cam that can hardly hold a decent size turn. and slipping clutch..hahah. yea its time for new everything . Anyways i *try* to not let my hands cross over as much as possible. at least for me i like this because if i need a correction my hands are already in place to fix...and yea agreed with conrad i feel like my hands are in the way of each other. But pointers appreciated

Adams Motorsports Park Drifting to some sweet ass Ke$ha! SINGLE CAM 240sx s13.5 Joe MacDonald - YouTube
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #1345
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

I can disregard everything but the angle of the camera, now my neck hurts lol. Looks good for a singlecam.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #1346
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:

Looks good. Looks as if your caster settings are really low, or you are running shitty front tires.

Get yourself a good wheel...i don't know how you drive with it having those bumps all over the wheel...would drive me nuts. lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #1347
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebrah View Post
disregard music and lame editing haha..AND disregard its a slowass single cam that can hardly hold a decent size turn. and slipping clutch..hahah. yea its time for new everything . Anyways i *try* to not let my hands cross over as much as possible. at least for me i like this because if i need a correction my hands are already in place to fix...and yea agreed with conrad i feel like my hands are in the way of each other. But pointers appreciated

Adams Motorsports Park Drifting to some sweet ass Ke$ha! SINGLE CAM 240sx s13.5 Joe MacDonald - YouTube

looks god. You def have that weight shifting down. Now all you need to do is perfect your line...but that's in time. Try doing some road racing..it helps.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #1348
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
I can disregard everything but the angle of the camera, now my neck hurts lol. Looks good for a singlecam.
haha muhhh bad.

hey so what do people do to scrub speed?..yet still have angle. like in a single cam i basically just go wot in a straight like and hit ebrake then back to wot. im afraid if i flick towards then away from the wall it wont have the power or speed to bring it back around...?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #1349
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
i try not to move my hands much,.. cuz in weird situations you end up fumbling over yourself i feel like.

but everyones different. I think gittin still drives with one hand..?...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyGQYq2AgtM

he does drive with one hand sparingly. I dont even think he realizes he still does it.

at the end, you found yourself correcting, and over correcting, a good front tire setup will help with that a lot.

that track looks fucking awesome to drive...is that the same track they have pro am at?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #1350
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
looks god. You def have that weight shifting down. Now all you need to do is perfect your line...but that's in time. Try doing some road racing..it helps.
well i usually try to just hit the ghetto 'clipping zones' at that track which in my opinion are a terrible line haha. so what do you suggest...like a wider or more shallow line?