Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Formula Drift judging?

Has anyone noticed that the judging in Formula D has seemed a little more biased to certain drivers? Take for instance Conrad Grunewald V Daigo Saito during Rd.4 in New Jersey where Daigo went off course and hit several clipping points multiple times and Conrad had several consistant runs with a few minor mistakes. There was a similar situation in Palm beach where Daigo went very shallow more than a few times. Im not an FD judge or driver but ive seen my fare share of events and I dont think the judging is fair by any means. And there are more than just these few instances.

Thoughts?
BlueKpS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
DDs13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
DDs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
seriously yo? you made a thread about this? Well yes they are biased but more to drivers like JTP and Gittin, pretty much those with the bigass sponsors and the v8s. Saito just proved to them that he's a much better driver at a whole different level. Saito has been wrecking other cars in speed entries and proximity its ridiculous
DDs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Don't get on the Saito bandwagon. He's good but he's not a god. Saito does get pretty messy and the judges screwed up on that Powers vs. Gittin Jr battle. That was all Powers on that battle.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDs13 View Post
seriously yo? you made a thread about this? Well yes they are biased but more to drivers like JTP and Gittin, pretty much those with the bigass sponsors and the v8s. Saito just proved to them that he's a much better driver at a whole different level. Saito has been wrecking other cars in speed entries and proximity its ridiculous
Im not saying daigo is a bad driver, im suggesting that he makes a lot of mistakes that somehow get overlooked more often than not. Doesnt have anything to do with the Falken and V8 powered cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
Don't get on the Saito bandwagon. He's good but he's not a god. Saito does get pretty messy and the judges screwed up on that Powers vs. Gittin Jr battle. That was all Powers on that battle.
Another example. Gitten had two hicups on the bank and Powers runs were flawless and somehow Gitten won.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
how bout CF spinning and still gettting the win?

The judges are horrible and only getting worse.
I made some comments on different forums and in chats a few weeks back about how much the judges are on thier phones and other people are now off and running with it, so this may help get em fired.

Its not DA, its a Falken podium everytime.

The judges suck and make shit up all the time.

At least they had Eric Osullivan onthe mike today, that was nice to have someone that actually knows the sport talking about the runs.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Chelsea got screwed over as well. Yes he was shallow, but to be given the loss because he hit Tyler while tyler is pointed into the wall after hitting the wall himself is total b.s.

Judges are absolutely terrible this year. And bias is an understatement. JR should never have been close to the podium after running with powers.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
The judges are horrible and only getting worse.
Yeah and did you read that Matt Petty from Club Loose set out a $500 reward to anyone who can punch Formula D judge Andy Yen in the mouth on camera.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
project-D180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
project-D180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lol thats comedy
project-D180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
Yeah and did you read that Matt Petty from Club Loose set out a $500 reward to anyone who can punch Formula D judge Andy Yen in the mouth on camera.
Gotta love Ziptied

Heres some more ZT action after todays BS

ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
I also think they are HEAVILY biased towards the big names.

Being from the PNW, I might be a little biased towards Walker, but he definitely should have taken 3rd in Round 2, where he lost out to Daigo. He killed him in both rounds, not even warranting a OMT, and in the OMT threw down a solid run and they gave it to Daigo. Daigo was sloppy and even went off course. Dude has a 1000+ HP jz and in Walkers lead run, he couldn't even close the gap against a basically stock LS.

I mean Daigo is good and I want to see him succeed, but I call favoritism
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wasn't there a thing where the judges said they are looking for "proximity" even at the cost of the driver's line (ie. daigo literally hitting the clips to get close)?

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
Megaman V2
Leaky Injector

Megaman V2 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are the chase car it is acceptable to sacrifice line to a degree to keep proximity, But you still need to be following lead drivers line. An do not get my started on Chelsea VS Tyler indecent..... Yea Chelsea made a slight correction on his first run.... He did not go into a wall..... Tyler was leading, Chelsea is supposed to be following lead drivers line. Tyler goes into the wall and Chelsea is caught in cross fire cause hes doing what he is supposed to do? An SHITTY FD JUDGES give the win to Tyler? It makes absolutely NO SENSE. =] That is just my 2 penny's
Megaman V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
ArticSilver
Zilvia Member

ArticSilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman V2 View Post
If you are the chase car it is acceptable to sacrifice line to a degree to keep proximity, But you still need to be following lead drivers line. An do not get my started on Chelsea VS Tyler indecent..... Yea Chelsea made a slight correction on his first run.... He did not go into a wall..... Tyler was leading, Chelsea is supposed to be following lead drivers line. Tyler goes into the wall and Chelsea is caught in cross fire cause hes doing what he is supposed to do? An SHITTY FD JUDGES give the win to Tyler? It makes absolutely NO SENSE. =] That is just my 2 penny's
totally agree, the decision made me want to walk out. didnt they also say the initiation had to be consistant? im pretty sure he'd have the same approach if tyler hadnt lost it.
ArticSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
Slikk Logic
Leaky Injector

Slikk Logic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i was there today. its same people always podium daio, gittin and normally justin from falken. the judging is tru bullshit
Old 06-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #15
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
yeah tough day today.

the judges "point system" sucks... I mean all top 8 drivers are very good, but some calls were ridiculous

eF' it!... east cost bash is next weekend
Old 06-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #16
Tiffanythe240
Zilvia Member

Tiffanythe240 is an unknown quantity at this point
screw the judging man. theres to much favoritism going on in FD now. at least im able to look forward to ECB next weekend. real good timee grassroots sliding. cant hate that
Tiffanythe240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #17
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
there's been shitty judging in formula d forever. even at my first formula d event at irwindale 2010, aasbo DESTROYED gittin, and they judges gave it to gittin. the entire crowd was pissed off as fuck, and boo'd for a really long time.

ask anyone who was there, and go watch the runs for yourself. it's hard to tell on video, but aasbo was getting like twice as much angle as jr. was in both runs. i'll never forget that match. it's what made me start loving aasbo's driving style and i became a fan of his. wish they never got rid of his supra though =(
Old 06-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
EjMalernee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Chelsea for sure got robbed, but his car looked pretty beat up from that wreck. If he would have won do you think he would have had the car ready for the next round? If he couldn't get it ready would Tyler then move on? Is that how it works?

The Daigo vs Conrad match was a tough one. I mean Daigo kept hitting clips but was super close to Conrad. Then Daigo would walk away from Conrad on his lead runs. I really couldn't tell who won.

But for sure the judging has really sucked and seems to have gotten worse. I'm glad Eric Osullivan was on driftstream to give good insight. That dude it cool as sh!t!!
EjMalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #19
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
You know, I think if both drivers tried to drive the same line, then they would have no choice but to be close to each other. I think the proximity taking importance over everything else just makes for sloppiness. I cant believe I am saying this, but I miss the old d1 judging system, line + speed+ angle equals win.

They would judge the tandem battle on if the follow driver was able to hit the clipping points and stay within a reasonable distance. If they both ran good runs then it would be a one more time. The drivers that stood out the most were the ones that would manage to run a great line, have good speeed and angle AND be close to the lead car.

To be honest, I have stopped caring about the outcome of things like FormulaD. I mean I go to just hang out and check shit out when it is close to where I live.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
CharleyWopp

CharleyWopp is an unknown quantity at this point
Judges are tards. What they need is to replace the judges with people who actually care about whats going on. Like retired drifters for judging. That would make things a lot better. I feel like once you hit the wall you should be out, not given the win. I personally dont watch this crap very often anymore its pointless when it seems judges are paid off for podiums
CharleyWopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
younghatchowner
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
younghatchowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There should be an organized boycott push FD Management to have Judges have a prerequisite of atleast a podium finish in FD to JUDGE.
younghatchowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
You know, I think if both drivers tried to drive the same line, then they would have no choice but to be close to each other. I think the proximity taking importance over everything else just makes for sloppiness. I cant believe I am saying this, but I miss the old d1 judging system, line + speed+ angle equals win.

They would judge the tandem battle on if the follow driver was able to hit the clipping points and stay within a reasonable distance. If they both ran good runs then it would be a one more time. The drivers that stood out the most were the ones that would manage to run a great line, have good speeed and angle AND be close to the lead car.

To be honest, I have stopped caring about the outcome of things like FormulaD. I mean I go to just hang out and check shit out when it is close to where I live.
The ol' D1GP days were awesome. Line, speed, and angle were all you needed. Proximity came from having that speed and hitting the angle that kept you close to your opponents. Giving proximity its own category just makes for drivers, like Daigo Saito, to just run the course hitting the clipping points and barely putting in any angle just to stay close.

If the judging was proper, the outcome would have been:
1. Daijiro Yoshihara
2. Matt Powers
3. Chris Forsberg
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
itsjustdaphne
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
itsjustdaphne is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i stopped watching the driftstream during the top 8 but i agree with you all on that everything was ridiculous. people really need to stop obsessing over Saito too..

do you guys know where they even get these judges from?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
itsjustdaphne
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
itsjustdaphne is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i don't mean to spam this thread but here's a gopro clip of that^:
http://vimeo.com/44612114#
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I noticed the sketchy ass judging all the way from Round 1 with Gushi. He shouldve gotten eliminated in the round of 16 but they kept him around because they had the "first 86" owners of the FRS there with VIP seating and all of that BS.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #27
D.Adams
Post Whore!

D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Here is the crash video from Chelsea DeNofa's car you can clearly see it wasnt his fault. So over Formula Drift

https://vimeo.com/44594832

https://vimeo.com/44612114

looks like someone posted it already .. But what the hell here it is again

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

Id really like to see ex fd drivers or champions judging events. The prerequisites for judging should be in car experience. Dmac was making proper calls during the event and seemed like he was off put by the calls the judges were making.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
D.Adams
Post Whore!

D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
It's funny Formula drift is deleting most all the comments dealing the the crash and bad call off there Facebook and Twitter .

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Lol, 2012 and people are still surprised??????????????

WHAT?