Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgJoY View Post
wow.

That fuel rail is looking great!

Amazing progress so far, makes me want to get back under the hood of my car and finish it >.<
thanks man! im glad it makes you want to work on your car... hopefully you do go work on it instead of just saying it like some people, lol.

and i just noticed that the fuel injector caps on the fuel rail are backwards, lol. just wanted to see the color contrast :P
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Usually things like the fuel rail will start chipping and it will come out worse in the long run, i learned hte hard way.

Plus your diagram is flawed. Run the devices in daisy chain
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
Usually things like the fuel rail will start chipping and it will come out worse in the long run, i learned hte hard way.

Plus your diagram is flawed. Run the devices in daisy chain
yeah, i had a peice start chipping already from another part, but im hoping for the best... if it does start chipping in the future, you can say you told me so. lol.

as for the diagram, i could run it in a daisy chain... but i see some people set-ups using distribution blocks and i figured that this is practically a similar set-up just with a switch after the block going to the starter/fusebox.

just wondering, how exactly it is flawed? please let me know.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
dennydizzo
Zilvia Member

dennydizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
dude where do u work at and what do u do? the extra cash from ur paychecks r like my whole monthly income!!lol..cant wait to see the whole finished product and u r possibly the most DEDICATED 240 owner ive ever seen

LOVIN ME TOOFODEE!!
dennydizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
dizguy

Trader Rating: (5)
dizguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dizguy
Keep up the good work man! Nice tool box too =)
Diagram looks good.
dizguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
Dkty

Dkty is an unknown quantity at this point
i love gird
Dkty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
s13skank
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
s13skank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your doing a good job working with what you got kudos
s13skank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:22 AM   #8
jon_mr2

thanks guys!

i got good news and bad news... or so i think. maybe not, waiting for an answer from the man.

so, today (friday) i get off work knowing that i got some pbm parts laying home here in waimea... about an hour or so away. totally stoked, im waiting to get home to install them... been waiting since wednesday actually. get home and rip open the box... now even more excited and checking out the new parts.

so i go outside, thinking "yeah im going to get this car back on the ground tonight!!!" but, seems that i get everything bolted up pretty good until im going to install the ruca and notice that the heim joint is too small for the mounting area in the subframe... i was like no way this is happening... maybe i can add some washers to space it out??? but no... i dont think i should have to do that after spending all that money on the parts. so i check out the site and these joints dont even look the same... so i wonder if these are even the right joints? sooo, as of right now, i cant sleep and waiting for a reply... which probably wont be till monday

just wondering if anyone else has this situation and is working out for them... im not too sure if its joints for another application or if its normal and what not. but here are some pics for reference:

kinda hard to tell, but there is about an 1/8" gap, maybe more...

other than that though, the suspension arms look great and from reviews i have heard i have no doubts they are nothing but great.

looks like the cars not going back on the ground even this weekend.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
Are all PBM RUCA's half moon style for both the S13 and S14, or are the S13 wishbone style? Very nice work btw.

Chris
Howard92884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92884 View Post
Are all PBM RUCA's half moon style for both the S13 and S14, or are the S13 wishbone style? Very nice work btw.

Chris
I think they are all half moon... i cannot say for sure though. From what i have seen from other peoples threads and elsewhere on the internet, seems like they are, and also seems like not one of them have this type of heim joint???

... and about torquing down and smashing in the tabs??? why would you do that? i can see if i was buying a cheap, off-brand, pos... and if you were into that kind of stuff, but i believe this should just... bolt right up, no modifications needed. it is very strange indeed...

took some pics in day light today and did small stuff, since its not going back on the ground until i recieve an answer whether its okay, or wait for another joint.

so... colorful

this i think will be temporary, planning to upgrade brakes in near future.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
jon_mr2

test fit time. no brake rotors/calipers on yet though, lol. so, it should stick out a tad bit more even.

no RUCA installed, mean camber...

I think im going to go with some 40 series tires though...

and... i love adjustable arms!

but, tonight ive been trying to roll the rear fender a bit, testing out this eastwood fender roller. ill post pics when im content.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
SR20JK

SR20JK is an unknown quantity at this point
My megan racing arms did the same thing with the space, but when torqued down it worked perfect.
SR20JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^cuz when you torque it down it to 60+lbs it warps the mounting tabs?
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats strange...
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that is damn sexy...cant wait to see the car done
wannabdr1ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #16
jon_mr2

alright! so i got everything sorted out about the pbm ruca heim joints. looks like parts shop max is going to send me new joints of the correct size, due to receiving a defective pair. but, these are the new looks of the joints of the gen 3 rucas. so, hopefully i get them this week so it can be installed. just want to say that they have some great customer service and parts seem beefy and look good.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
loving this build, cant wait to see it complete

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #18
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Sweet build man, glad to see someone doing things right and not rushing it. You seem to have a nice knack for taking your time and really put some pride into what you're doing. I have to say though, you're scaring the hell out of me doing work around/under/in that bay or suspension area with it on wooden benches. Also as for your battery diagram, I've learned from my two KA cars that you'll need to run something from the battery - back to the block as well as the factory lower harness - in the engine bay. Just grounding the block to the chassis and grounding the battery to the truck area will cause voltage problems on the KA, I haven't exactly figured it out yet (and this haunts me in my sleep because I'm a wiring guy), but it doesn't happen with my gf's SR car. Just thought I would throw that out there, you can call me crazy if you want, most of my friends on here have. haha
Old 05-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #19
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdnivram View Post
loving this build, cant wait to see it complete
thanks man, i cant wait too! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Sweet build man, glad to see someone doing things right and not rushing it. You seem to have a nice knack for taking your time and really put some pride into what you're doing. I have to say though, you're scaring the hell out of me doing work around/under/in that bay or suspension area with it on wooden benches. Also as for your battery diagram, I've learned from my two KA cars that you'll need to run something from the battery - back to the block as well as the factory lower harness - in the engine bay. Just grounding the block to the chassis and grounding the battery to the truck area will cause voltage problems on the KA, I haven't exactly figured it out yet (and this haunts me in my sleep because I'm a wiring guy), but it doesn't happen with my gf's SR car. Just thought I would throw that out there, you can call me crazy if you want, most of my friends on here have. haha
and thank you as well. but yeah, the benches... hoping the car will be on the ground soon, so it wont have to be sitting on them anymore.

and about the battery relocation wiring, i actually havent seen anyone local with it done on a ka... but my friend with an sr did the relocation and seems to work fine with the ground at the trunk. but since i do have the extra wire, i think ill take your advice and run a ground to the front! ...i just cant wait till i start the wiring on this car, lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #20
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is some amazing work. And patience, for that matter.
One question that is kinda OT. Can you roughly measure the angle of the PBM RUCA's?
Mine are straight but need to be modified to an angle.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
Dax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Your build is redonkulous! This really inspires me to get my coupe finished!
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Don't know how I've missed this thread for so long
but, like everyone else, I'm impressed with your build
oh and thanks for the kinds words on the oil block.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #23
DUSANMANDIC
Leaky Injector

DUSANMANDIC is making a name for him/her selfDUSANMANDIC is making a name for him/her self
u can ground it in the trunk i have had all 4 of my 240's with ka's batt in the trunk and ground in the trunk as well so your good to go man
DUSANMANDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #24
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
Dam the car looks great man! keep us updated.

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #25
sebazztard
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
sebazztard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
amazing build, just read all 12 pages lol, time for bed. keep up the great work cant wait to see it finished.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #26
roplusbee
Leaky Injector

roplusbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via MSN to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee
Wow, this is an awesome build. I am thoroughly impressed with your dedication and progress with this undertaking. I am truely inspired. Almost done dude, keep it up.

1989 240SX - 1JZGTE | Stance | Apexi GT | LMGT2
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #27
Leo-kun
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Leo-kun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loving the wheels! Nice work, keep it up!
Leo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #28
jon_mr2

today re-welded on the front tension rod brace rod closer to the front.

rolled the rear fenders some, still need to go some more since ill be running less negative camber (even though i think it looks pretty good how it stands right now)

started with the eastwood fender roller and heat gun, but takes to long for me. so i used the baseball bat technique and heat gun and worked like a charm. the eastwood fr is good when smashing in the lip though. i couldnt really get that good angle to smash it in without having the bat sit on the lip of the rim. so, just some pics to show this wheel fitment! lol, ill probably raise it up a little higher though (sorry crazy wheel fitment guys)

actually, cant even tell its really rolled in these pics unless you seen what it looked like before hand.

i could actually finally post in the wheel fitment whore thread. but i think ill wait till the whole car is finished. im getting excited
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #29
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
awesome work bro
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #30
Couped_up'd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (47)