Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
rhdsilvi85
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
rhdsilvi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
shorted out the car? lost! HELP!

ok so this is crazy.. I bought a rhd conversion car and dude totally fucked up everything!! excuse my words I'm not exactly happy right now.. so I moved the wiring to put the ecu up where its supposed to be I started the car it turned over 2 times and stopped working... I now have no ground anywhere on the car.. battery has over 12volts.. did I fry the ecu? did I short the ecu wiring? i'm so confused I'm to the point of stripping the car and selling it in pieces.. any help would be great.. it's a wiring nightmare.. gauges stopped working ac unit stopped working now this crap.... smh
rhdsilvi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Srjustin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Srjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check your main fuse.if that's blown power won't go past that.
Srjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
What do you mean by you have no ground anywhere? Battery negative not bolted on or something?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
rhdsilvi85
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
rhdsilvi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't really know how to explain it.. ok so like I had the battery relocated to trunk redid wiring and all that fun stuff and it worked fine.. I put new turbo on went to prime the turbo and it turned over twice and then shut off... I then noticed I didn't have power anywhere.. I used a light tester if I go and take off the ground wire and connect it to where my ground was and touch neg on batt it doesn't light up so I touch it pos and neg on batt it lights up.. i just randomly started moving battery around and trying to connect the ground light and touch battery and nothing... but i had a draw before so i put a kill switch on the battery so when i turned it on you can hear a relay turn on what one i have no idea.. i haven't got into the ecu wiring yet but it's not looking good lots of splices.. so its probably in there somewhere.. but checked all fuses under dash all good haven't check under hood yet... but yet just very strange.. called wiring specialities and he told me to honestly get a full harness off a donor jdm silvia or 180sx and just replace it would be easiest since it's rhd already...
rhdsilvi85 is offline   Reply With Quote