Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Help! No start, no fuel pump prime

Hey guys, so ive been searching online for days and trying different things and still my car wont start. Here's some background:

S13 with S14 sr20det swap, car has been runnning perfect for the past year. Then one day it just had trouble starting, would turn over and almost start, sputter and then shut off. Eventually it started up and ran great, drove about 40 miles with no problem and after parking it, it never started again.

It does have the ISR (isis) 255lph fuel pump, not a walbro but it doesnt have many miles on it.

The Fuel pump does NOT prime when i turn the key, I do hear the EGI Pump relay in the engine bay fuse box click when i turn the key

i also did the fuel pump hardwire to see if that worked and still nothing, i dont hear the relay i hardwired in the trunk click at all though.

i also tried jumping the fuel pump relay in the engine bay with a piece of wire and still nothing.

when i turn the key to ACC my gauges light up but when i go to try and start the car, they all go black.

What would randomly just cause the car to do this after running great for so long?

could the ecu have burnt out a pin the sends the ground to the fuel pump relay?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!