Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #2971
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
My 5 year old stock Mitsubishi rattled more than my 20 year old Honda on ridiculously stiff coilovers.
And I guarantee you Damon's hatch rattled 5 times more than your stock Evo.... you guys are totally missing the point. We are comparing an Evo to Damon's hatch... not your 20 year old Honda or my 57' Chevy.

At my last BBQ Damon went on a test drive with my good friend in his Evo. I'm sure Damon can compare the Evo to his 240 very easily.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #2972
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yeah dude, Brad's evo on Cusco coilovers felt like a Mercedes compared to my hatch, LOL. Not that ride quality is my main concern in a daily vehicle...

I suppose I'll take this opportunity (before Mike and Toby take over my thread, as planned by Toby) to post up the final shots of the car I took before I tore it apart a couple of weeks ago. Feel free to read a bit more rambling here if you'd like to.

Somehow I managed to miss taking a shot or two of the bay. Here's one that was taken by Loren just a week earlier when I was down at Toby and Kyle's:

I've got some final comparison shots I'll post up soon as well. Thanks to everyone that has read this build over the years- appreciate it!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #2973
Conrad 2NR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Conrad 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really wanted that X brace.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #2974
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
god dammnit now i r sad, it looked soo good

also shocked i never notice you have USDM spec cusco cage...
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #2975
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

He's crying because he misses sucking on Damon's dick. :-)

^ Proof. This is like when guys get broken up with and they write some long ass "I LOVE YOU" letter.

Poor Corbic. :-)
Man, link to your live-journal? I'm starting to think it's filled with Corbic x Camry fan-fiction courteously of ixfxi.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #2976
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
god dammnit now i r sad, it looked soo good

also shocked i never notice you have USDM spec cusco cage...
aren't they all the same? I think you mean the cross bar it's an add on and is adjustable.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #2977
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

I suppose I'll take this opportunity (before Mike and Toby take over my thread, as planned by Toby) to post up the final shots of the car I took before I tore it apart a couple of weeks ago.
Was the car Single Stage Black?

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #2978
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
You had it all!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #2979
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
You had it all!
Pictures needs more chilling on the front of the car with two girls...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #2980
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Funny how before this thread was everybody jerking Damon. Not its everybody beating his ass with words lol

Glwl man
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #2981
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
bring bring baby
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #2982
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews

LOVE this, now my new iphone wallpaper! Hope everything goes well this weekend Damon, I'm expecting a full report first thing Monday morning!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #2983
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
aren't they all the same? I think you mean the cross bar it's an add on and is adjustable.
really? i always thought it was pre-welded on tab, b/c everyone keeps the triangulation over the passenger sides. learned something new

did they change the design?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #2984
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a "7 point" cusco cage. Dadmon's is a 6 with add on bar.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #2985
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
We have a winner!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #2986
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I have not owned an Evo, but 6 really close friends have. I have driven, rode, and worked on many. None of them had even close to the rattles that Damon's hatch did.
You guys arent comparing apples with apples. You cant compare an old piece of shit with a new piece of shit. Give the Evo time to degrade like EVERY mitsushitty does, and it too will rattle just like every Eagle Talon or GSX Eclipse does. I remember when the 2g Eclipse came out, that was some hot fire... until it aged. Fucking car looks ugly as fucking hell nowadays.. and they've all fallen apart. I like Evos, I like the Impreza.. but they're all garbage cans if you ask me. Mercedes? Garbage can. All of these cars fall apart with their bullshit clips that break. ALL CARS. Want your car to stay rattle free? Leave it alone. 100% stock. Never remove a panel. Enjoy said car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield
We can now take it over since there is no longer a 240 build going on... you with me Mike?
No, I have a career.. you guys only get me during cereal time. Fuck you and help me with my 1LR-GUE v10 swap. And I'm not paying you a dime either. You do that shit for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Feel free to read a bit more rambling here if you'd like to.
Damon, you should know better... no one reads that shit. Didnt you learn anything from Wayne T Edwards? NO ONE reads blogs.. only 12 year old kids who dream about riding around in a black, excessively lowered 240, with big red batman seats that cover the side of your face seriously impairing your vision, and a bunch of funky braces that will never be used because you only drive your car to get groceries and to Toby's BBQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Man, link to your live-journal? I'm starting to think it's filled with Corbic x Camry fan-fiction courteously of ixfxi.
Oh, you tease...!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #2987
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
ah okay , cool thanks for clearing that up
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #2988
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Pictures needs more chilling on the front of the car with two girls...
lol i got a good laugh out of this
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #2989
Idahos13
Leaky Injector

Idahos13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Damon, I have read through your build many times. The car was very beautiful! I was a little sad to see you part it out, but I understand your reasoning. I have a quick question, I have been wanting to go Type X front bumper and just piece together the rest as money allows. What all do I need for the front bumper to fit correctly? Of course bumper and fender extender pieces and the lights, but what about actually mounting the bumper? Sorry for the dumb question, I have searched a lot and I can't seem to find a straight forward answer. Thanks in advance!
Idahos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #2990
Jlugo711
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Jlugo711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahos13 View Post
Hey Damon, I have read through your build many times. The car was very beautiful! I was a little sad to see you part it out, but I understand your reasoning. I have a quick question, I have been wanting to go Type X front bumper and just piece together the rest as money allows. What all do I need for the front bumper to fit correctly? Of course bumper and fender extender pieces and the lights, but what about actually mounting the bumper? Sorry for the dumb question, I have searched a lot and I can't seem to find a straight forward answer. Thanks in advance!
I'm not Damon, but, everything you need and everything required for the bumper to fit OEM is here..

NissanParts.cc - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories

Great site for buying the parts as your wallet allows.
Jlugo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #2991
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ That's about what I would say! haha.

I took the first pics of the car on election day 2008, so why not toss these up on election day 2012? Last bunch of pics to spam, lol:

Still a few goodies for sale from the car. Really need to score a set of stock struts/springs sometime soon, but not having much luck finding a set locally. May need to pay someone to ship me some, so PM me if you might have some!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #2992
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Damon I have extras at my dads, I'll be up there the 13th. I'll try to run you a set over to AA.

This car is proof that Obama improved the country, under his watch this car was created.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #2993
sex14
Zilvia Member

sex14 is an unknown quantity at this point
^LOL thats funny as hell.
sex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #2994
240sxlife

240sxlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Damon i know this is probably a stupid question but with the low bride rails do they bolt right in on the stock floor studs or do i need to re-drill stud holes?
240sxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #2995
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxlife View Post
Damon i know this is probably a stupid question but with the low bride rails do they bolt right in on the stock floor studs or do i need to re-drill stud holes?
They bolt right in. Unless they are from another car. Mine just bolted in no problem.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #2996
240sxlife

240sxlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks a lot!
240sxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #2997
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Get the evo yet?
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #2998
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

The Evo I thought I had all lined up fell through. Flaky and sketchy seller. So no new car just yet!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #2999
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
How is your baby?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #3000
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
How is your baby?
She's doing really well. She had her four month checkup yesterday and is right on track. Seems like she is up to something new every day. Can't believe how fast the time goes- I was told by pretty much everyone that it would go fast, but it's crazy when you experience it for yourself.

CamryOnBronze.com