Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #61
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK91 View Post
mikey is mad
Thanks cutie pie :P~

Btw anyone know about the schizo Professor at Princeton?
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #62
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I can somehwat agree with a College education being a scam.

I admit leading up to graduating I was a fool.. thinking that yeah the degree was still worth its weight in gold in the job market but now that I am about a month into being a post grad I havent found jack shit.

I graduated in may with a degree in criminal justice. I have about 3 years of experience in the field. 2 years in the courts in a student intern position ( Youd be surprised at the workload that us student workers have. )We share the same responsibilities/duties as any regular worker here except we get paid at a fraction of the price and get 0 benefits. No paid holidays either. I spent a year as an intern with the Department of Child Support services and I can honestly say I didnt learn or do shit. CA is so fucked up with their fund allocations its ridiculous. When I was with DCSS I was getting paid double what I get now and I hardly did anything to earn it.

So yeah.. with a degree AND field experience I still cant find a job. You would think that criminal justice jobs would be so plentiful since people tend to resort to do crazy things when theyre broke. But nope... I have only applied for one position so far because alot of the positions open right now have stupid qualifications that I am sure hardly anyone has.

If I could go back I woulda did the ROTC program that my CSU had. At least when I graduated I wouldve had an officer rank to fall back on and not have to worry about finding a job like how I am struggling to do right now.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #63
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I can somehwat agree with a College education being a scam.

I admit leading up to graduating I was a fool.. thinking that yeah the degree was still worth its weight in gold in the job market but now that I am about a month into being a post grad I havent found jack shit.

I graduated in may with a degree in criminal justice. I have about 3 years of experience in the field. 2 years in the courts in a student intern position ( Youd be surprised at the workload that us student workers have. )We share the same responsibilities/duties as any regular worker here except we get paid at a fraction of the price and get 0 benefits. No paid holidays either. I spent a year as an intern with the Department of Child Support services and I can honestly say I didnt learn or do shit. CA is so fucked up with their fund allocations its ridiculous. When I was with DCSS I was getting paid double what I get now and I hardly did anything to earn it.

So yeah.. with a degree AND field experience I still cant find a job. You would think that criminal justice jobs would be so plentiful since people tend to resort to do crazy things when theyre broke. But nope... I have only applied for one position so far because alot of the positions open right now have stupid qualifications that I am sure hardly anyone has.

If I could go back I woulda did the ROTC program that my CSU had. At least when I graduated I wouldve had an officer rank to fall back on and not have to worry about finding a job like how I am struggling to do right now.
honestly considering the rotc path that you thought about right now
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #64
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
if you are gonna do the program with a university decide soon because its like another 30 units (CSU) added to your requirement to graduate. I thought about it too late when I only had like 10 units to go.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #65
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
You can still do it after graduation, just find an officer recruiter for your service of choice and apply for OTS/OCS.

If all you're doing is applying to jobs here and there, you're doing it wrong. Finding a job is a full time job, at least 25 hours a week. And it's all about networking. Try volunteering in a similar area (maybe a community watch or something) or try finding networking groups on meetup.com.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #66
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
College is a problem in America. It's often just used as an excuse to put off the real world for a few more years and party even harder than ever.

But my biggest problem with college is they didn't teach me how to MAKE money because most of them (professors) don't even know how themselves, I mean think about it, they have a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), they teach what they're good at - how to get a J.O.B. of your own.

I learned what I really needed to know on my own after a few years of bouncing around from job to job and finally stumbling on THE KEY.

Fred
Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #67
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Having a college degree is like having a high school diploma nowadays.
IMO its not so much what you learn in college but the discipline and the Idea that you can complete something long term, that's what employers look at.
Most college degrees are based around subjects that you will never use in your life.
College is what you make it.
The way i see it there is 3 ways to make it
1. be an entrepreneur, business owner, inventor etc
2. Invest
3. work for a company and climb the ladder

I so glad someone started this type of thread.
I have had so many questions and doubts about going back to school, this may be of great help.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #68
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
did some reading up on NIA and the INFLATION.US website (the people who made the video)

turns out its a HUGE scam and the owners of the company are noted and convicted for pump and dump scams in the past

they make video to grab lots of attention and cue you to sign up for their newsletter

the newsletter then sends you stock recommendations to which they partake in and jack the price up when you buy them and then sell them leaving you with nothing

the college conspiracy video gets your attention on inflation and to the fact that only gold and silver will save you... THEN they only recommend you gold and silver penny stocks to buy

don't get my wrong i still think college is mostly a joke but viewer beware of these scammers jonathan lebed and george4title
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #69
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
there was a whole section in the OC register about how college is a waste.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #70
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm attending my local CC at the moment. FAFSA is paying for it. Honestly i don't know what i would have done if FAFSA wasn't paying for it, to be honest i think i would have gone straight to the military like I'm still planning on doing after college. But i wanted some sort of education before i did that.

Anyways, it took me about a year after high school before i realized what i wanted to do and COULD do, as apposed to what i REALLY want to do but CAN'T afford. FUCK YOU UOA!!!! AND FUCK YOU TOO UTI!!! Turning wrenches isn't worth 30k.
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #71
KOME
Zilvia Addict

My post is so unrelated to what everyone is talking about. lol
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #72
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
did some reading up on NIA and the INFLATION.US website (the people who made the video)

turns out its a HUGE scam and the owners of the company are noted and convicted for pump and dump scams in the past

they make video to grab lots of attention and cue you to sign up for their newsletter

the newsletter then sends you stock recommendations to which they partake in and jack the price up when you buy them and then sell them leaving you with nothing

the college conspiracy video gets your attention on inflation and to the fact that only gold and silver will save you... THEN they only recommend you gold and silver penny stocks to buy

don't get my wrong i still think college is mostly a joke but viewer beware of these scammers jonathan lebed and george4title
yea i never heard of NIA but their videos look well done and somewhat professional. after your post, they appear even more like a cultlike than i had originally thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #73
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOME View Post
I'm attending my local CC at the moment. FAFSA is paying for it. Honestly i don't know what i would have done if FAFSA wasn't paying for it, to be honest i think i would have gone straight to the military like I'm still planning on doing after college. But i wanted some sort of education before i did that.

Anyways, it took me about a year after high school before i realized what i wanted to do and COULD do, as apposed to what i REALLY want to do but CAN'T afford. FUCK YOU UOA!!!! AND FUCK YOU TOO UTI!!! Turning wrenches isn't worth 30k.
UTI is the biggest scam, and waste of money.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #74
JD@FONTANANISSAN
Leaky Injector

JD@FONTANANISSAN is an unknown quantity at this point
College is not for everyone! Plain and simple. Some people have what it takes to endure 4 years of studying to earn a piece of paper that says that you are knowledgeable in a particular field of study. Others choose not to go this route and decide to seek financial gain through other outlets. Whatever path is chosen, the goal is always the same which is to achieve financial security. However, I personally believe a degree from a reputable school will certainly put you ahead in the race to a more desirable choose of career.
JD@FONTANANISSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #75
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
UTI is the biggest scam, and waste of money.
Yeah, dropped right out of it when i realized I'd be 30 k in depth for ten years. Bastards still have my $150 registration fee though! I kept the multimeter though might come in handy -_-
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #76
JD@FONTANANISSAN
Leaky Injector

There are a lot of schools out there now that will offer you such degrees as a M.B.A or a PHD online! I think that these schools are the largest scams in regarding college. They persuade many people to enroll and will pretty much accept anyone without looking into education background and history. After graduation, you are just another unemployed person with a PHD from a joke school that many businesses will fail to recognize. The sad thing is these schools move onto the next person and they don't have a problem taking your money and putting you in debt.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #77
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
I'm attending my local CC at the moment. FAFSA is paying for it. Honestly i don't know what i would have done if FAFSA wasn't paying for it. to be honest, i think i would have gone straight to the military like I'm still planning on doing after college. But i wanted some sort of education before i did that.

Anyways, it took me about a year after high school before i realized what i wanted to do and COULD do, as opposed to what i REALLY want to do but CAN'T afford. FUCK YOU UOA!!!! AND FUCK YOU TOO UTI!!! Turning wrenches isn't worth 30k.
Quote:
Yeah, dropped right out of it when i realized I'd be 30k in debt for ten years. Bastards still have my $150 registration fee though! I kept the multimeter though might come in handy -_-
Yeah, college isn't for everyone. I'm in classes where people can't differentiate between the [your, you're] and do nothing but write run-on sentences without any punctuation ever.

It really grinds my gears when I see this. One, I write with more clarity and precision than more than half these fucks, but they still score higher than me on papers. Two, I am, often, commended for my writing by other professors in the same field about my writing. Three, my most irritating observation, HOW THE FUCK did these morons that still can not "spell good" get into these classes? The retard in the back who writes at a 9th grade level gets a solid A, where I somehow tank and get a shitty B? I hate how these professors grade on growth as opposed to comprehension levels.

If the fucker can't spell or use correct sentence structure, he/she should NOT be in critical writing. FUCK.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #78
KOME
Zilvia Addict

dis nigga mad
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #79
JD@FONTANANISSAN
Leaky Injector

Guess this discussion raised a few pulses..lol
Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #80
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
24boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My college education paid for my house and four cars in Socal, granted it's not for everyone, but it does better your chances. It's not a guaranty that you will be successful in life but it is a service available.

It's what you make of it. Most asian cultures are extremely dedicated to education despite the financial outcome, higher education ftw.
24boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #81
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24boosted View Post
My college education paid for my house and four cars in Socal, granted it's not for everyone, but it does better your chances. It's not a guaranty that you will be successful in life but it is a service available.

It's what you make of it. Most asian cultures are extremely dedicated to education despite the financial outcome, higher education ftw.

Quote:
Yeah, dropped right out of it when i realized I'd be 30 k in depth for ten years. Bastards still have my $150 registration fee though! I kept the multimeter though might come in handy -_-
So where would someone go to get a degree in the automotive field?
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #82
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post

So where would someone go to get a degree in the automotive field?
^My local community college (Gateway in Phoenix) has an AWESOME automotive program. Everything you need to know to get your ASE certs.

I took the brakes, transmissions/differentials, and suspension courses which at the time totaled out to about $1100 including books. Learned a lot and would gladly do something like that again.

Some community colleges have better programs than others so it's good to do your research before enrolling.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #83
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
^My local community college (Gateway in Phoenix) has an AWESOME automotive program. Everything you need to know to get your ASE certs.

I took the brakes, transmissions/differentials, and suspension courses which at the time totaled out to about $1100 including books. Learned a lot and would gladly do something like that again.

Some community colleges have better programs than others so it's good to do your research before enrolling.
That does sound awesome, even collision/autobody work? That's what i'd like to get into.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #84
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to a tech school. Learn one trade and learn it well. Get out of school. Make money.

I went to school for 1 year after high school. I'm 23 years old and make 40k a year sitting in the a/c chattin with you fucks.. I plan to double that income in the next 3-4 years.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #85
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What the hell man???
What's with this fool discouraging higher learning? That's like telling everyone its okay to be ignorant. Shooot, three pages of people mostly bitching about debts, currently wasting their time in classes, and walking around aimlessly with a diploma up their rears... Unbelieveable.

Come one now. -_-

Are you guys just looking for other people in the same situation as you so you all can have a pity party? Fcuk that noise! Here, I'll break it down for you:

1. Pay off whatever school loan you have as you're attending school. You know you're allowed to do that right? So whenever you do graduate, you're not paying this outstanding amount for the next x-amount of years.

2. Apply for any and every grant or scholarship you can find. Getting a higher education can get expensive. First there are tuition and book fees, then you need supplies, clothes on your back, food, and then you need some sort of transportation. That's just the minimum. Then you need money so you can go party, money for your 42" big screen so you can do your homework from your comfy couch, and money so you can finish building that sick track car you only see in magazines. And how can you do all of that and still be in school? You apply for any and every grant/scholarship you can find. ITS FREE MONEY. YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY IT BACK. Even if you don't meet the qualifications of a certain scholarship, who cares? Apply anyways! You might be accepted to receive said scholarship/grant because you were the only one to apply. The people/organizations giving away these "prizes" WANT you to take it because, in return, they get to use you as a tax write-off. You get FREE MONEY and they get put into a lower tax bracket and pay less taxes. EVERYONE WINS!

3. READ EVERYTHING and always ask questions. You know how to read, right? So why stop reading after you get that high school diploma? Wait, what? You thought that all those small texts in contracts and disclaimers were for decoration? NO! They're not for that at all. There is important information in ALL of that. Even information that is meant to benefit you. In some instances, I've found that I would be able to make late payments on loans without any repercussions or raise in interest and all I would need to do is call the bank to make that happen. I haven't had to do that because I have my scholarships and grants pay my bills, but I found that out by actually taking the time to sit down and read through the contract.
Always remember to ask questions. Need a new laptop? Write a letter to ASUS explaining that you're a student studying for said major and your current situation doesn't allow for a more advanced computer. See if they would "sponsor" you and hook you up with a new laptop. I've seen it happen and big companies are more than happy to hook you up. 1. It's a tax write off for them and 2. Now they get to use you as a walking billboard because you're going to brag about how ASUS sent you a free laptop. I would brag about it.

You just need to be proactive.

Go after things and ask for things that you want. All you need to do is ask. Period.

And if you're that lazy, to where you don't want to do any of this, then join the military!
It's the only organization where you can get a constant pay check for doing absolutely nothing.

Think about it.
Mikey McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #86
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

A degree in the automotive field is usually a mechanical engineering degree.
If you want wrench on cars. Go to a junior college and enroll in some courses, part time at a shop or intern.
If you want to learn a trade learn it from the person who does it best(in your opinion).
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #87
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its all about research!
I wish I had done more research before I went into college, but I waited way to late to apply my self in high school, so I didn't really have much of a choice anyways.

I totally agree with saving money by doing your general studies at a CC, its by far the smartest way to do things.

I have two Associate's Degree's,
1. Instrumentation and Control Automation
2. Electrical Engineering Technology

I had 5 job offers when I graduated, and a lot of fellow class mates where in the same boat that I was in. I make more than my friends that came out of school with B.S. degrees, and I will always make more than them.

Also, pick a job that you know you stand a good chance of getting. I chose my path, because I knew that there will always be some sort of EE job.

Military is an excellent alternative to college, the military could be the best job security in the country right now.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #88
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwhite1989 View Post
Military is an excellent alternative to college, the military could be the best job security in the country right now.
Funny you say that, my platoon Sergeant tell us that a lot.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #89
kenS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
kenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post
Funny you say that, my platoon Sergeant tell us that a lot.
unless ur a pos with a bad pft/cft and on pcp then they want u out...
just my .02
Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #90
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I really wish being a grammar Nazi was a viable option.

I think MikeyMcFly has a nice solid post - college is what you make of it. Its the clay, you're the sculptor.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote