Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
gippy87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
gippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Missing cam caps

Back when i didnt know to much about building engines i bought a sr20 head that was ported polished had brian crower springs and retainers i think gave it to a machine shop and had more work done to it. Well im finally ready to put it to good use and i find out i dont have the engines originaly cam caps obviously this is a problem. I do have a set of cam caps from the engines original head, is there anyway i can find out if these cam caps will work obviously they will bolt on but how can i be sure they wont cause a problem with the new cams??
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
Back when i didnt know to much about building engines i bought a sr20 head that was ported polished had brian crower springs and retainers i think gave it to a machine shop and had more work done to it. Well im finally ready to put it to good use and i find out i dont have the engines originaly cam caps obviously this is a problem. I do have a set of cam caps from the engines original head, is there anyway i can find out if these cam caps will work obviously they will bolt on but how can i be sure they wont cause a problem with the new cams??
Just get them checked at the machine shop to see if they will make the cams works. If not they will go right on no problem!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
lazierhobo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
lazierhobo is on the path to ruinlazierhobo is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a machine shop will be able to check the tolerances....if they are off you can probably line hone it and get it to work as well....all things a good machine shop will be able to advise you on.
lazierhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gyeah they use like a dial indicator for measuring the I.D. when the caps are installed.. id just use it .